Bingo Players Ruin the Game/Fun

96s is 28.44% vs J9o, and 93o is 28.77% vs QTs, so actually, 93o was the better hand.

This thread started as a name calling bad beat story, and somehow managed to go downhill from there. Now THAT is an accomplishment to be proud of!

To summerize… bad beats aren’t fun.

Well duh.

2 Likes

Of course it sucks but the sooner you admit to yourself that this is not real poker, the sooner you will be able to coexist with the Bingo’s. They are not going away so you must adapt. That could mean playing AI v. AI (not a recommended strategy), lying in wait to ambush (my preferred play), sitting out a few hands or leaving the table altogether. But the worst thing you can do is to let them put you on tilt when you’re only playing for Monopoly Money. It’s just not worth it.

3 Likes

On another note I would like to see RP name a table after the late Alan25Main.

7 Likes

See my post in Ron’s thread Finn :+1:t2: There a ring game named in his honor :heart:

4 Likes

I owe myself nothing.
I don’t need to try harder
as others before and after me agree 9,3 and 9,6 equal. one post even shows 9,3 is slightly better.

don’t make threads about accusing a player of bingo playing, when the hand before, you did the exact same thing.

4 Likes

I’d love to be coaching against a team that took half court shots everytime they inbounded the ball. It would be difficult to ever lose to them, unless my team did the same thing. So in that case, patient fundamental basketball would always be the winning strategy, not trying to match them half court shot for half court shot. As for the experience of the game, you miss the point. Winning is why they keep score, not for a participation trophy. Your analogy fails to work.

3 Likes

Confused again. The comparison in this context is 9-3 v. 9-6. Not 9-3 v one hand and 9-6 v. a different hand. LOL

Minnow! I want to encourage you to keep trying but it’s hard when that’s what you’re producing! You still are confused, perhaps hopelessly but I believe in you still! Re-read my point about basketball and you will see you’re mistaken. People play poker not just for the result, they play because they like well known aspects of the game, call them, thinking, calculating, trying to out-smart, strategize etc. That is what people like about poker. They don’t play only to win each hand or win even the event. It’s more than the winning, it is the process of the play. Same as in the basketball example I gave. You do understand, right? You understand that if someone heaves the ball up at the rim from across the gym and doesn’t take the ball up floor and run an offense that can be defended and played against, then there is no game. It’s the process of playing that people like about basketball, just as in poker. Certainly, that process is geared toward striving toward a successful result, but it is the process that makes the game. Certainly, you understand that? I typed it slowly even for you. Please, I mean really. Please for your own good think before you go ahead and write. If you want to send me a draft first I can even review it for you. But give the effort to think it through first so you don’t embarrass yourself more. I’m rooting for you!

I’m sorry @Starbuck12, I really think it is you that is missing the point.

The point being that any action permitted by the rules of the game is, by definition, permitted.

If you are playing basketball and someone keeps trying to score or even deliberately ruin the game by throwing the ball from the other side of the court, there is nothing you can do about it other than refuse to play.

Players of poker are allowed, in the no limit hold 'em variant, to open shove, at any time, with any two cards and you have two options: (1) improve your game and learn how to take their chips which takes you to a higher stakes table which lessens the chance of running into people who play like this; (2) stop playing.

Players are here for their own entertainment and do not have any obligation to consider your enjoyment or entertainment.

You should probably investigate the pot limit and fixed limit games that are available on Replay.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
TA

4 Likes

Yes, I can see that you are confused. We were talking about specific hands, not generalities.

Overall, 96s is a better hand because it does have 6-7% chance of making a flush by the river and maybe 2-3% chance of making a straight. 93 was a little better this time because 96 was dominated by J9.

But both are trash hands. When you shove hands like that and get called, you will always be behind, because any reasonable shove calling range will never contain hands that you are beating.

Your snap call with QTs is solid evidence of level 1 thinking. Level 1 players only care about their own cards. They know what what beats what, and that’s about it. Replay is full of players like this, especially at the lower stakes, but hey, we all started somewhere, right?

(Levels of poker thought was an idea from David Sklansky’s, " NL Holdem Theory and Practice.")

4 Likes

You really should consider quitting while you’re behind.

(yes, yes, I know the usual phrase is “quit while you are ahead,” but you, having yet to have been ahead in this discussion, cannot avail themselves of that tried and true saying. Plus, given that you apparently shoved 96 would indicate being behind is right in your comfort zone, so there’s that.)

3 Likes

May I suggest to someone of your obviously superior intellect that you take up chess. In that way you can have some wine & cheese while marinating in the game experience to your heart’s content. I’ll take winning over whatever it is you are attempting to experience from free poker.

3 Likes

Donkeys will donk. Fish will go crazy and the wheels of the bingo bus go round and round. Keep defending it simpletons!

And yet, you went all in with Queen high and lost to the Bingo player. Perhaps you should spend less time calling people names and more time reading a book on poker.

2 Likes

This thread is absolutely stupid and has moved into the Who can eat the most Tide Pods section … Please close it down

4 Likes

Well, I reckon these Tide pods can’t be much bigger than an egg. I think I can eat 50 of them in an hour if I set my mind to it.

2 Likes

Poker life is simple my friend :slight_smile:

Have or earn or learn sufficient chips that the very people that you complain about are nothing to complain about.

If you are unable to do those things then you do not have sufficient knowledge to comment on the play of other people.

No Regards,
TA

4 Likes

How so? I have about 400 million chips, and have never bought a single one. I won a MTT two days ago, and was in the money a couple of times in the last week. Sure I have had some bad beats, in fact at least 50% of the time when I am eliminated from tournaments I have had something happen that was against the odds, however, on the other hand, often I have remarkable good fortune too.

For example the other day I raised from the button with 3 6 of diamonds and got two callers, and I flopped a boat, bet, got a caller, and improved to quad 3s on the turn and won a huge pot, though I overbet the river and my opponent folded, when I thought he was going to call with a boat.

1 Like

I don’t think so Aks Starbright… replay has its up’s and downs… just like real live…play quality hands and you will win in the long run!!!

:rofl:

1 Like