Bingo Players Ruin the Game/Fun

Dead cards in poker are generally the norm for nearly all players. If you think about it there are many more small cards than big cards. Your chances of drawing 2 9 off suit are much greater than say A K. Combine that with the fact that most flops will involve smaller cards also. How many times have you mucked 73 off only to get a 645 flop. In hold em it’s all about the flop especially in tournament play. Surviving dead cards and bad beats is the key to moving forward when it comes to replay poker.

1 Like

If you have 400 million chips, you must be running everything. Good for you!!

Yes, there is a lot of luck involved in individual hands in poker, but if you play skillfully, I think you will minimize bad luck situations and be better positioned to win when luck goes your way.

Look at this hand from last night in which I was incredibly lucky, having only 4 outs on the river. DId I play this hand badly? Probably. Both I and opponent tried to slow play each other. He got his chips in on the turn, and I sucked out on the river.

But this hand put me in position to get into the money and then knock out other opponents and eventually win 43 million chips as tournament winner.

Lucky? For sure, but the more often you put yourself in position on a final table, the more often you will get lucky and win.

Here is a great tip. Recently I have been watching a number of recent Daniel Negreanu videos on Youtube in which he given a running commentary as he plays (rather successfully) in 6- and 9-seater tournaments. Very, very helpful in showing how a top player thinks about the game, and I have been able to use ideas from them to eliminate a number of weaknesses in my game on Replay Poker, particularly with regard to bet sizing and value betting on the river.

Here is one, but there are several.

Note that even Daniel Negreanu does not win tournaments without a bit of luck on his side. In one hand I saw he was all-in preflop with something like A8 vs A9 and won the hand, and, I think, the tournament.

Lucky devil! See below. With top pair and a flush draw at the flop, Negreanu goes for it against an opponent who has a set of 2s and hits a runner-runner straight to win a huge pot and double up.

Yes, it’s a lot easier and more fun to play when you get the cards like that…Take care.

No one mentions the notes on the chat, I write notes on everyone I play against, I watch carefully who does what and how they bet, Ive even flopped a good hand just to watch a players play, nearly every time I play, I check the notes, and have won a number of bets knowing the player likes to bluff. I also take note of the time they take to make a bet, depending on my notes, I know they are going to bluff, and it pays off.

2 Likes