What would you do if you owned replay poker?

CASH IN my chips :partying_face:

2 Likes

I would accept that this is a very successful site just as it is. I would be careful NOT TO CHANGE VERY MUCH. People assume change is progress and for the better. More often than not it is destructive and unproductive. If you try to commercialize it too much too quickly it will not be the same site and it may or may not remain a success.

1 Like

That would be changing the rules of the game, which if you keep doing that kind of shifting pretty soon we will be playing Hearts, Spades, or Gin Rummy rather than real poker. The game is to win, not to play ever hand, which is why players are allowed to fold bad hands or any hand they donā€™t feel like playing. There are certain tournaments that make it reasonable for some players to sit out as the cost of playing bad hands or running into the frequent coolers is greater than their likely gain if they continue playing hands for a spell. Also some players get cut off from the site after building a large lead due to satellite connections and weather (Something that has happened to me dozens of times). Sometimes I am doing great and loose connection and just get blinded out before the payout. Sometimes my lead was big enough I actually made the lower levels of payout. Sometimes I have used it as a plan when the blinds get so big it is easy to bust in one hand.

But this is supposed to be poker, or as close as you can get to real poker without money on the table. I donā€™t know what you call it if you are just whahooing every hand for kicks to see if you get lucky because after all it is just for fun. I play to win and I enjoy the game. I take my play seriously, and my bad beats in stride as part of the game. That is how I enjoy playing and yes sometimes, but not always, I have sat out for a spell as a play to place. Study the pay out structure of the tournament and make your decision.

I donā€™t mind how you play. Why should you mind how I play. If anyone should object to someone elseā€™s play it should be to object to those that play bingo and wildly because it is just for fun, or play every hand hoping for a miracle suck out on the river. That is far more disruptive to the game of poker. But it is also part of the game so I donā€™t ask that such wild and disruptive players be sanctioned or timed out because that type of play is within the rules and it is up to me to deal with it. I donā€™t try and change the rules of the most beautiful game of all times to suit my style of play.

it is all for fun.

Newer is not necessarily better.

winning and playing well is fun to me, not taking unnecessary risks like it was a bingo game.

Nice topic. Hope the Developers will read it and think about some changes

I would make the time clock much faster for a person who uses up the whole-time clock more than 3 hands in a row for 1 hour on them.

Your missions are awwww 2 small. Playing in a 100-200 game you should be rewarded with much more mission points then a 1-2 game.

I get set out a lot. If the player before me runs out the clock my hand gets folded. It seems like it is always when I have a good hand. I donā€™t understand why I have to refresh a lot on some games and never on others.I have my computer checked to see if it was the computer and it was not. I have heard a lot of players say they get sat out a lot. It really can cost you a lot of chips.

If I owned Replay which I donā€™t, I would move to London just to see if you can really cut the fog with a knife. I would find a local pub that would put up with me and invite Replay players for a face-to-face game. All expenses paid of course, providing they had enough money to cover for all of us. (You didnā€™t think I would spend Replay money, right?)

I would have at least two leader boards.

1. Those that bought chips more than twice. (Would consider first two as tips)
  2. Those that came in and built their stacks without buying.
    a. Have a daily board with top ten getting say $2,000 chips.
    b. Have a monthly board with top twenty getting $4,000 chips.
    c. Have a yearly board with top thirty a percentage of 100,000 determined.by rank.

Send Missions on a long-range mission.
Have more but anything but complaining without a positive plan to correct.

Having fun is the real PRIZE!

I would have a room for just ā€œfriendly gamesā€ are played. There are a lot of people who enjoy the real game of poker without the going all in on the first two cards or river. So many times these guys come into a room and clear it out. Limited anti or betting would stop these players. There are some of us who just sit out until they leave ā€¦ but why should we have to do so.

2 Likes

Join a private league here on Replay. Nice folks, good games :+1:t2:

1 Like

Time Bank

They have limited gamesā€¦pot limit for example. All in has its place in poker but i understand that some players go overboard.
I guess if you donā€™t want to play with players that go all in donā€™t play NO LIMIT tables lol

No limit holdā€™em is called no limit for a reason. It has something to do with there being no limits on betting. A pre-flop shove is a perfectly legitimate play. So why make players put in all the chips minus one?

Then please tell me why poker is invented with a flop a turn and a river?

How about you tell us what ā€œno limitā€ means?

Your point is silly. If you donā€™t like people having the ability to shove pre-flop, then play pot limit games - and Iā€™ll tell you why they were ā€œinventedā€ - theyā€™re for people that donā€™t like no-limit. Got a mirror handy?

And while someone excessively shoving pre-flop can be annoying at first, with each hand that passes itā€™s an opportunity. They inevitably cough up all their chips to someone patient enough to wait for the right moment.

4 Likes

You obviously have never played a real high stake poker gameā€¦
Stick to Replay or you will go broke.

You obviously are way over your head in this conversation so may I suggest you stick to the topic please.

3 Likes

If i owned this site i would not mute people for calling out bingo players. I will make bingo players sit out 2 hours if they go all in 3 hands in a row with empty pots and or bad hands.