What gets under your skin?

Winston has a big brother watching out for him.

2 Likes

@Tagespapa

Its against the FORUM rules anyway, and there is a fine line with rules. Why would RP be OK with providing everyone a platform to promote or possible lose business to competitors?

Rules aside its sorta bad etiquette. You wouldn’t go to someones house for a gathering/meal and proceed to talk about how your friend Mrs Doubtfire is such a “great cook,” to the point your making indirect comparisons & belittling your host. Its just not good form.

There is a fine line.

3 Likes

To tolerate someone is to insult him. Tolerance must lead to respect. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1 Like

Being pretty chill most of the time playing poker, I will admit that: all-in pre-flop “bingo players” will get an eye roll from me. Also in that vein will be the trash talking player that mistakes his “one out” catch for skill. however, since the question is: “What gets under your skin?”, I will have to say that after doing a considerable amount of driving over the past weekend, people that mistake my three car length distance from the vehicle in front of me (while travelling at highway speed) as an invitation to cut off my safety cushion and invade that space really gets under my skin. Having said that, some people might assume that I’m a compulsively slow driver. Not so, ask some of my passengers. :wink:

1 Like

A chat bar i can’t see unless i’m on a full size table lol

This gets under my skin: Hand #620719595 ¡ Replay Poker

ha

I’ll tell you what gets under my skin: what appears to be the daily rotation of algorithmic programmed winning hands types that occur on an impossibly regular basis.

one day it’s straights. the next day it might be flushes. another day it’s three of a kind. between those obvious occurrences and the hand-killing miracles of magically appearing cards on the river that give the pot to the otherwise out-of-luck opponent, it’s impossible to pretend that skill at poker is much more than an occasionally important element of playing on this site.

the more you fold on this site, the longer you’re in the game and in the long run, the more you win.

that’s not very from from useful poker playing logic, but on this site the winning hands become too predictable and bad beats become overly brutal.

2 Likes

amen. that gets under my skin too

In the new tables, I have been moved to another table before the hand I was in is over… One cannot see if any friends are at that table or request someone to be a friend. A lot say the betting options are no

t all there.

YES, I get rivered more than anyone else it seems. Some stay in seeing decent sized bets, with not even a pair… And , what do you know, their straight or flush comes up on the river.

getting a straight or a flush on the river is not a suck out! while pre flop all ins is not how I want to play, I have won a lot of chips busting out such players and I have folded a lot of good looking hands

Welcome to the Forums, JCoverall. Have fun, enjoy the games, and good luck at the tables.

1 Like

That happens to me also. Sometimes there 7 cards up on the table, not from the player’s down cards. Don’t know what kind of game that’s supposed to be!

1 Like

What really gets under my skin are subcutaneous tissues.

6 Likes

Good read here…thanks to all.

One of the things I find MOST annoying is when a player wins a hand (and it is normally a showdown at that point) and the next thing you see in the chat window is:

hahhaahhaha -OR-
lol

I don’t know about you, but a sore WINNER is a bit more distasteful than a sore loser, though both are quite annoying. I make an occasional comment that can be deemed in the sore loser category, but that is typically when I have seen a set of circumstances that seem to be out of ordinary luck range for this game, or a pot bully who happens to get lucky when I decide to call, then get rivered.

3 Likes

Agree but I struggle to fight back the tears more when players say oops more than hahahahahahahaha or lol.

Sore winners usually arent very good at winning so the rare win hurts more. I always keep a box of tissue close by, just in case. :sob:

1 Like

One thing that annoys me is the programme itself , far to often 3,4,or even 5 cards of the same suit drop .get a pack of cards give them a good shuffle then try to do the same I tried its very hard .Also it seems the new format is playing slower than the old one but maybe that’s just my perception

3 Likes

My pet peeve is people who leave a table without officially leaving the table. They dont hit stand and they dont hit leave. They just go naway o r close program and leave their blackrd-ot icon behind, blinking, blinking, blinking, until the program realizes they are gone for good. I think the program waits 4 or 5 hands before kicking them out. Meanwhile, we are playing short a player, and sometime short 2 or 3 players if there has been an all-in massacre. And players on the waiting list are stuck twiddling their thumbs because rude players couldnt just click stand and leave. Be kind when you leave check out properly.

1 Like

Hi rivercat,
I don’t quite understand why you are addressing such a complaint to me. Have you noticed I behaved like that?

I mostly leave a table when my PC starts ululating like a wolf in the prairie (it doesn’t digest the new program), and I have to switch to my laptop, but it is a question of one minute.
Or when I need a short break, and in this case I always come back.
I can’t remember I have ever forgotten to click on “stand”, when I left a table for good.