Manners

still alive and kicking, harley

I see sites nowadays using emoticons (as a universal language, no more text). :wink:

1 Like

Someone needs to come up with Donkmojis and Donkmoticons. Then I’ll get on board.

2 Likes

That’s so funny!

1 Like

IMO it is ridiculous to expect other players to respond to that repetitive BS…

If I am in a hand and am beaten by good play, I feel it is only right to acknowledge this by saying wp (well played), and if someone wins with four of a kind or a nut Full, then again I like to say nh (nice hand). This does not mean one has to say the same if someone wins with A high or a pair, but I do like to acknowledge a good hand, and if someone does the same to me I always respond with a thank you. Courtesy costs nothing and can win you poker friends for life.

2 Likes

why did you fall off

I concur, but not everyone have good manners, like me and you grape lol .

I say NH if it’s a nice hand. One pair isn’t a nice hand. Sucking out on the river when you should have folded isn’t a nice hand. A full house or better is usually a nice hand.

If someone says NH to me, I usually say ty if I’m watching chat, which isn’t always. Sometimes my keyboard is under my monitor riser and I’m doing other stuff in front of my monitor. This means I can’t get to my keyboard to say ty.

Don’t assume someone is rude if they don’t say ty.

Actually, you shouldn’t ever tell me NH. Odds are, I was watching the hand and already know it was a nice hand, right? I would rather you have some sort of conversation with me. So instead of saying NH 10 times, just say, “Hi Sun, how ya doing?” That’s only 16 characters, so it would save you 4 characters and be nicer anyway.

4 Likes

I ‘liked’ your comment… lol… Most of it, anyway… :>)) “YF” - “You’re fine - Don’t mind me, I’ve always been hard to please…” :>)) Sometimes I just don’t feel like finding my keyboard - it has a girlfriend, and sometimes I just let him have his way…

I, too, don’t always say ‘t/y’ or some other sibylline comment… Yet, I still think I have pretty good ‘manners’ considering what goes on around here, anyway… :>)))

There is several of us that try to play at the same table just about every night and you will see a lot of GH,NH,VGH,VNH,TY and YW on there. It’s not so much as what the hand was but more out of respect to the other player. You don’t have to say it every time, some hands are just "crappy "

1 Like

and other tables just use player name abbreviations or short-hand to acknowledge a hand, without the NH stuff… like SPG… to say that SunPowerGuru done gud!!! lol

1 Like

other things to chat … g1, wd, np, nbt, nbf, wtg, n$$$ … etc so it is not a punchcard reply, but a thought out comment

1 Like

Even though I may say nh when I am beaten by a chaser … I am thinking wtf …or kma … so don’t take my saying nh as always meaning nh , most likely I have put a note on you and added you to a list.:smile:

1 Like

[rolls eyes]

Occasionally, I say nice play or nice bet when my opponents make bad plays and get lucky because it encourages them to make the same mistake in the future.

lol…yup…why I put a note

lol SPG…

Let others join the conversation

This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 21% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?

Sorry didn’t know I was only allowed to make a few comments , thought it was a good way to converse on an open forum and was just responding to reply’s made to my comments. From now on I will limit my responses or not respond at all.

It’s an open forum please don’t limit yourself share you mind!
I like to say nh when I see player get the most value out of one :wink:

1 Like