Late Registration Must Be Done Away With

Great idea but doubt if i will live long enough to see it ever even considered let alone put in effect or even put to a poll !!

Desperado60

Could not have said it any better than that !! In fact the last sentence says it all in a nut shell Short and sweet Thanks for your support & for telling it like it is !!Desperado60

After about the 15th line forgot what the topic was?? Oh yeah Late registration but thanks for the info

Are you late for work-picking up the children-for a ball game ?? If you are than i understand your reasoning but would hate to be the ones waiting around for you.

I could see maybe 4-5 late registration but I was in a tourney and lobby “says” it’s 15 minutes it was up to 18 minutes!!! That’s crazy! The extra $ is nice but it’s really not fair for the players that played like 25 hands! Just cut it to 5 minutes not 18!!

I agree agree with Desperado60 and SharonSmarty…

I also do not play multiple table tourneys because of late registration. There are several reasons why I do not.

1. The number of players determines my decision to join & it suddenly changes 2. Late registration players come in with a bigger stack than others (huge advantage) 3. The odds change dramatically change from what you thought they were 4. Spend 5 min reducing other players stacks then # of players double w/ full stacks 5. Players enter late, sit & not play while there stack is bigger than those playing 6. Late players cause more adjustment of tables, not a good thing 7. The length of tourney changes dramatically 8. Larger numbers of players requires you to change your strategy & style of play,

2. You do not lose players who want to play, they will seek another tourney…you

only lose players seeking advantage over players who enter on time.

If you think late registration is not an advantage to late registration players you don’t know poker. Show me a player with less chips than me and I will show you a player whose chips I can take almost every time.

A conservative or tight player has a good chance against 30 players, a conservative or tight player has 0 chance against 90 players thus you have to change the way you play based on the number of players so you start playing tight then the number of players triples and you are suddenly at a disadvantage because your strategy just went out the window. The late registration player can muscle you with a larger stack or play tight and out last you…Basically…your odds just went dramatically down. Result of that is… you lose most of the time to the late registration.

Its obvious the disadvantages far out weigh the perceived advantage of a larger prize pool

These are the reason I do not play the multiple table tourney’s

total agree
if i gust log on and miss the starting the next game is 20mins away i will enter late and i have a lot or catching up to do. why i that wrong???

I for one feel that late registration should be limited to 1 or 2 min. max. I like to know how many I’m facing and the approximate time that will be needed to finish a tournament I’m entering. It’s only fair to those who enter on time.

If we all registered late, you’d lose the tour since a minimum of 2 must be registered for it to take place!

Irrelevant. The point is, he found two when you claimed there were NONE. 2 or 2,000, it is more than NONE!

That was a bit sarcasm , but overall it is true. Most of the time pp think “me” only. You have to see the bigger picture, if possible ofc, at least as you able to see. If you see only yourself, that leave you alone in the end anyway.
ATB

Methinks we might protest too much!!!

I am just glad that someone FINALLY has mentioned and then been corrected on the fact that two… is indeed… more than none.

I like the late registration.

If one registers after people have busted out, they start with a less than average stack, which is a disadvantage.

I think late registration sucks, no late at all, if not there to play in time go play on another table it’s a pain for time to play.

I agree whole heartedly which is why I don’t play any tourney with late registration of more than 10 minutes. Even then, I get impatient with the game.

Regular tournament players know a lot of players register in the last few minutes of the regular time and by late registration.

When there would be no late registration and you register 10 mins before start you also not know with how many players the tournament starts, it will be weird when all players would register in the last minute because they want to know how many players will play the game. Not everyone can be the last who register.

Also a tournament starting with 11 tables not always takes more time than a tournament with 9 tables. Tournament with 50 players can take more time than a tournament with 80 players.

I not mind if there are 7 other tables or 15 other tables, first i have to win chips on my own table, in a couple of minutes there are players with more chips and players with less chips, i not lose more because of the players who enter late.
Players will have their reasons to register by late registration, i prefer to start from the first hand if possible. More players, higher prize pool!

No late registration!