Late Registration Must Be Done Away With

Can you please remove the mumbo jumbo - this is fun poker. Save all that analytics for Real poker - no one cares.

Also, there is no gain/loss for Replay if the tourny pool increases with late registration or not. People will just move on to the next tourny and spend their fake chips.

Adding late registration to a real poker tourney makes sense because there’s “REAL” money involved and people may only have that one opportunity to play.

Free poker; they can and register and play as many times as they like virtually from any where in the world.

No need to extend one singular poker tourney.

Eyeamdaman1 wrote: “Can you please remove the mumbo jumbo - this is fun poker. Save all that analytics for Real poker - no one cares.”

Then people against late registration can remove all the whining too about unfairness of late registration vs those registered in time who had to play few cheap blinds (and could see flop and chase for freen, and double up easy too btw). If it’s free chips and fun, no one cares too.

The mumbo-jumbo is there because it was written that increasing field size increased tourney time dramatically. This perception (as if, eg., doubling the field size would double the timeor multiply it by some other factor) is false as the the time only increases by an additive constant amount every time you double the field size.

And btw estimatating the play time so that we don’t have to quit a game early when not busted has nothing to do with free chips vs real chips.

Eyeamdaman1 wrote: “Also, there is no gain/loss for Replay if the tourny pool increases with late registration or not. People will just move on to the next tourny and spend their fake chips.”

No, most certtainly won’t. These people have nothing to do for 2 hours, wonder how to spend time, say to themself “how about a Poker MTT”, go in their bookmarks and look if an MTT is can be played in the minute. If nothing is available in the minute, they won’t wait for 30 minutes for the next game with suitable buy-in, they will go somewhere else, watch TV, a youtube video, read a book, play a facebook game, or go walk the dog… to return and try only the next day.

People making websites know the patience of visitors is very short and that the heavy loss of vistors happen in the first few seconds or minutes. This is the very reason why there is a dashboard on the the frontpage of the site for insta-play that simplies the more complex lobbies of Sit’n Go, MTT, and ring games.

unbelievable… mumbo jumbo does not even begin to describe that garbage. Incredible to say the least.

" People making websites know the patience of visitors is " two click.

I dont like that future, but have to say, your comment all right.

plazpoker,

Especially when you are talking about unlimited chips.

Missing a tourney here or there because you are late on a free poker site, is a minor inconvenience to the individual.

They won’t leave, they’ll just register for the next tourney.

Even if they do leave, you think they want return later for another tourney?

I do it all the time when I miss a tourney.

This is crazy!

i like pie

We have a lot of unemployed/wanna be statisticians on this site, lol. Personally, I think the late registration is too long, should be limited to like 2 minutes. Those who register real late now will follow the guidelines. It would be fair.

late registration is a joke

every tourney registration opens 3 hours before the scheduled start time

if you want to play a particular tourney but have to go to store or whatever and you might be a few minutes late log in find that tourney register and go do the things you need to do come back and play in the tourney

if I miss a tourney oh well that’s my fault and I don’t take advantage of the late registration I wait till next hour see what tourney’s are coming up or wait until next day to play in tourney that I wanted to play in

or I go see if a sit and go tourney needs players and I will join that one

trav790300,

That sounds like common sense you are writing.

It is rare when I see it in the comment section that I have to point it out when it happens.

Mods, please pin this artifact.

To your point, whether it’s the player’s fault or not is of little consequence. If they don’t make the tourney they wanted, guess what, there’s another happening in the next few minutes, Oh, not that one you say?

It’s happening at the very same time EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. You will get to play “your” tourney.

Just be on time or wait for the next one. It really is that simple.

NO!!!

Late Reg is a must!

only a must if you want to take advantage of the players who started tourney on time.

My last try at making LATE REGISTRATION & why it is not done away with totally! First of all that poll about after 3 blinds-etc-etc-was an insult to any of us players with half a brain!! Sorry but since this is my last comment on this issue am telling it like it is but remember this is my opinion that i am writing be it like it may it is backed up by most other players! As i was saying there is no way of really knowing what the average of 3 blinds is. Too many variables to consider like 6 or 9 players- how fast do they play but the main point is even if your estimate of 18 minutes for 3 blinds to go by just how many MTTs does that affect? The truth is not many!! Only the 20 minute ones but has no effect on the other ones??So now to avoid the real issue of late registration Replay Poker decides to switch things around to only giving players 3 minutes to un-register!! So know us players that need to have an idea of how many players are there going to be somewhat mainly because of time factor involved!! Some of us have a life & if the amount of players get’s to large you have taken away from us that check to see all the way up to 1 minute to see if we have the time to play but NO what you do is take our chips 3minutes before game starts but yet people are still able to register for 20 minutes after game has started!! Sorry Replay but who is getting the shaft here because i feel like it is ME and many others i know but this is just me writing this& just want to make that clear.IN my opinion seems like your riding the horse tail first!! In other words give late registration 3 minutes at tops or one free big blind and that is it. Do not punish us that register on time than to top it off take our chips when we see that we will not have enough time to play!! I know for fact that i am not the only person that checks the odds -checks buy in- and most important number of players!! The responsible players unregister if they know they do not have the time to play that bigMTT so they are not a hated sit-out. I have lost any hope that Replay would do anything about late registration but never did i imagine that you would take our ability to unregister before the start of the game!! This needs to be shown where the majority of players can see it and not put on back pages where most people do not even know it excists. Would love to see one of Replays thumbs up poll on this % what the outcome would be ?? Good day to all Desperado60

I think you posted on the wrong thread

I think the 18 min 3 blind is for the seat out time… Maybe I’m wrong tho.

3 mins prior start of the MT tournament the seating process starts, and from that moment you can not unregister any more, 2 mins prior start the button “Open Table” appears and players can open their table. When the seating process would start 1 min prior start there will be too less time. You have the choice to register 1 min prior start.

You never know the duration of a tournament, with or without late registration, it not only depends on the number of participants, it also depends on the tournament structure and on the play syle of the participants.

The duration of the late registration is short, 5, 10 or 15 mins, only 3 daily tournaments have a late registration of 20 mins. And yes, some players dislike the late registration, but a lot of players likes the late registration, even when they register in the regular time.

read this again and i am sure you will understand it better

Once again skip the real reason hid with anything that stays away from the real issue!! All i see here is another way for Replay to take chips & punish players who want to unregister before the start of game?? They get 3 minutes to do the right thing by unregistering but yet other players get up to 20 minutes to register ?? All i see here is Replay taking players chips for being respectfull and Replay can resale more free chips which is kind of like buying a car minus motor-tires-etc-etc!!! Cmon Chap how about a real honest answer to what is a problem instead of useless same old beat around the bush?? Done beating a dead horse here but the first time i am entered in a large buy in like 50,000 chips or more and Replay does not let me unregister before tournament start time but let’s other players register late that will be my last time i will play on Replay Poker!! Remember players this is my opinion but also remember you also have your on opinion!! A site is only as good as the people who play on it which includes to a large amount to the players that run it!! Can only hope that staff reads my last comment and pays attention to what was there because i see no answers to my questions?? For once it would be nice to see latest comments out front instead of hiding them where nobody even knows about forum!! would have loved to see a thumbs up poll on late registration & now the insult of the 3 minute rule to unregister!! Take that 3 minute rule-turn it into 3 minutes for all Late registration And you would finally make sense!! Have a good day at the tables everyone!!!

Desperado60

1 Like

Sorry to hear you see the 3 mins as an insult, that time is extended for 1 min so players have no trouble opening their table on time.

@ Desperado60, who opened this thread: Many real money poker sites allow late registration, often up to the first blind level which incorporates ante; this can result in players registering 45 minutes or an hour into a tournament. Have a look at the registration policy of the iPoker network, for example.

While personally I consider late registration a pain in the butt, it can be a valuable tool for tournament players.

I have only played a few freerolls on ReplayPoker so far and do not plan to participate in buy-in MTTs on this site. This is due to the blind structure used in tournaments, which is way too fast and incorporates ante much too soon. IMHO the time allowed to decide on your action is way too short as well. Ten seconds just aren’t sufficient to make a decision which may well mean your tournament life.

I have found ring games to be way more profitable in this poker room. Why bother surviving the high percentage of donks playing tourneys, making regular tournament strategy infeasible, when I can make 60 or 100k in a ring game during the same period?

So, I just stay away from tourneys on RP and have fun playing cash games.

Since many players seem to like the late registration policy and some are even asking for shorter periods to think during tourneys, I do not see RP changing anything soon.

Cheers, FLAB

I SEE U FOUND THREE?? WONDERING HOW MANY THOUSAND THAT DID NOT HAVE LATE REGISTRATION