More Time For Late Registration

I noticed that the late registration to join tournaments here on replay is from 5 min. to sometimes 15 min. I think that is too short a window to join a tournament. I know Poker Stars late registration in their tournaments average 90 min. which I think is too long and makes the game go on for ever. I suggest that the late registration for tournaments here on Replay should be no longer then 30 min. That way you can get more people to join and a bigger money pool to pay out for more people.

1 Like

I once thought late registration should be longer than 5 mimutes and sitters should stay not get kicked off. After years of playing and being frustrated that sitters are not gone sooner and registrations being extended I am for the five minute rule on both sitters and registration, It’s a play site but doesn’t need to prolong the game. Just saying had a change of heart on certain things.

4 Likes

30 minutes bwahahahaha

3 Likes

Bad idea for so many reasons. Even 15 minutes seems too much sometimes, 5 minutes sounds reasonable, it gives people a fair chance in case they forgot or didn’t have the Tournament starting notification pop-up, but extending it much longer just gives an unfair advantage to those who want to exploit it. Shouldn’t give them that option.

If a motor race gets the green flag at 14:00, you don’t turn up with your trailer and car at 14:15 and ask if you can join somewhere in the top 10th of running order, do you?

3 Likes

5 minutes is plenty of time to get in on it. If you were late for work 15 minutes continuously you would be fired.

6 Likes

I dont agree with the late reg or sitting out.

Too many people abuse the option to play at the last minute and sit out half the game as it is.

Some games players pop on for a couple of hands then sit out again as those that are playing genuinely numbers fall

Sure your dont accumulate chips doing that but to me its a cheat and of course that’s just my opinion and pet hate.

6 Likes

totally agree

2 Likes

I liked the NO late from the April Foolroll Be there or be square, However would Vote for 5 late to register and booted after 7 if sitting out (2 if late)

5 Likes

5 is plenty of time… I don’t want to be playing a game all day!!

3 Likes

Agree 100%

2 Likes

should even have limited players yes i kno sng (9 or whatever ) but most free tourneysare over 200 seats → the final table 50-200 k is not unusual
yes 5 min is plenty 15 is a bit much

3 Likes

Tournaments take way to long as it is. Could you imagine a longer late registration bad idea.

1 Like

Then play ring games

i agree Auggs …that is exactly why i play rings

I don’t mind 5 minute late registration. 15 minutes is somewhat long.

3 Likes