Late reg

BASICS. Computer Generated Player (CGP)

Dont get me wrong i luv a good laugh but lets be real, I agree this site is not rigged, as some would say it is, why would they rig the site others ask. Maybe so the new players who would realy like to learn how to play the game could buy more chips thinking they have a chance of winning. Others say there is nothing to win so why rig the site. You tell me.

So lets say you program a CGP to always do the same play over again and randomly change, that in its self would be cool unless there are more CGP than real players,

lets do the math,
Random games tonight
Game 1418524 15 players to start, At end of late registration 49
Game 1421701 46 players to start, At end of late reg 152
Game 1418572 20 players to start, At end of late reg 48
Game 1420789 26 players to start, At end of late reg 40
So that tells me on an average we are playing maybe 20 percent real players. It might not be rigged. But it is still a good laugh

2 Likes

If 1 in 5 are CGPs I think the ā€œrealā€ player would spot the patterns and make out like a bandit. That said, I think what may be more interesting is how your mind works and that you ought to be putting your efforts into writing sci-fi instead of dreaming up this tin-foil hat fiction. Just my 2cents.

4 Likes

DONKBOT 2000 at your service.

5 Likes

Please DONKBOT, may you call my bets with A-high every single time!

Serious reply: A lot of people come in late because the late reg period is pretty long (10 minutes) and most players join in on a whim than plan ahead on participating in a certain tournament that day.

4 Likes

:robot: Warningā€¦ Warningā€¦ Danger, Will Robinson !!
:robot: bee-dee-bee-dee-bee-dee-bee-dee ā€¦
:robot: whistleā€¦beepā€¦beepā€¦whirrrā€¦whistleā€¦

5 Likes

at three a.m. it is good to find a gamer on the other side so he does not p, like i do, beaths no gamer on ip.

So Zā€¦ The topic is really not late registrationā€¦ But it is really Botsā€¦ Did I get that straight?

1 Like

I do not think no CGP could make the ridiculous plays I see here all the timeā€¦they must be at the other tablesā€¦

2 Likes

Very, very simple why it is a bogus site: TO SELL CHIPS!

We donā€™t have any bots on the site. Youā€™re always playing against real folks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for ā€˜addressing the topicā€™ - lolā€¦ Which is why Iā€™m here - Because I am a
Habitual Late Entry - On Purpose, of courseā€¦ And, I wanted to know how/why
that is perceived the way it is because I have never gotten any feedback when
I arrive ā€˜fashionablyā€™ late to a tableā€¦

I donā€™t see the point of being early, or even ā€˜on timeā€™ā€¦ I donā€™t do that in real life,
wonā€™t do that in real life, and certainly ainā€™t gonna do it hereā€¦ :>))) ā€¦

Having been at several poker sites for reasonably long periods of time, I believe
I Know that this place 1) Ainā€™t rigged - why bother - that would be ā€˜major leagueā€™
stupid of the people behind that idea - anybody that smart ought to be robbing
banksā€¦ 2) Since I have never bought a chip, and have a fair amount these days,
I think itā€™s absurd to think there is some kind of manipulation going on to try to
encourage the practiceā€¦ 3) You want to ā€˜grow your stackā€™? Stop playing bad pokerā€¦

1 Like

Computer generated players,shills,dummies, and wacky program anomalies have been bantered about since Party Poker
threw down the first Shuffle up and deal card. Also, donā€™t forget team play( if you gotta ask how, never play for money),rigged dealing, and so on and so forth . This is a free sight . What would be the point? If you want something to gripe about, how about a pop-up ad, that caused my handed to be folded because I ran out of time and my hand was folded. So what,my four Queens probably would have lost any way.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a bot and I sign up for the tournament later:
1-I do not like playing in the low blinds (5 / 10,10 / 20etc)
2-By the end of the late registration so-called ā€œbingo playersā€ are already out of the tournament and you can play poker normally :wink:
The same thing happens with playing satellites on a Party Poker now - an average of 1000 players in a tournament - for me it is a waste of time and unnecessary risk that a ā€œbingo playerā€ will eliminate me. So Iā€™m signing up for the tournament later, and itā€™s about making it easier to get to a promotion :wink:
In conclusion: I am good, so I do not have to tire of the beginning of the game ā€¦ Besides, playing poker on replay anyway, it does not matter, because the layouts here are cosmic, that it pains me to time and nerves to watch these strange games from start and unnecessarily get upset!

1 Like

Right on Winston!

1 Like

I really like your logic for late registrationā€¦ Iā€™ll try it to see how it works for meā€¦
I am usually early - a habit I developed onver 20 yrs in the militaryā€¦ so I am probbly overdue a lil lateness!!!:rofl:

4 Likes

LOL - Different background but same instincts. This was drilled into me from as early as I can remember:

Early is on time
On time is late
Late is unacceptable

Oh I need to loosen up at some point in my life. Maybe someday?

3 Likes

DEAR RALPHIE IS NORMALLY LATE!!
REASONSā€“
1 HES PLAYING W HIS NUTS
2 HES IN A TREE LOOKING 4 MORE NUTS
3 HES PUTTIN ON HIS TUTU
4 HES PUTTIN ON HIS SPEEDO
5 HE COULD BE IN HIS NUT HUT??
ALL OF THE ABOVE AFFECT HIS PROMPTNESS!!

UNDERSTAND THAT RALPHIE IS NUTS

TOM
RALPHIES SECRETARY

4 Likes

Wow Tom! Thank you for such a thorough explanationā€¦

I just always thought that Ralphie was in his own time zoneā€¦ :rofl:: :chipmunk: :peanuts:

3 Likes

So warlock, why not now?

It may be a wiring issue, combined with years upon years of conditioning to be exactly this.

I am what I am what I am :slight_smile:

1 Like