If you cant beat them

Hello Litenin, Great advice. I try to follow about the same. Very nice playing cards with you. Good luck at the tables.
Wifni

Correct, overthinking is just as worse as underthinking. Find a happy medium.

1 Like

IMHO FWIW LOL YOLO SSDD EOD TBH IDC ROLFLMAO SMH, BTW OG BFF TTYL FTFY TYVM
@BeerEagle69

I think your a bit off topic @fezzik424 , but check out the topic post at Cant send or Receive a certain player or player’s a friend request:

I find if you can stick around long enough, no one is unbeatable.

2 Likes

At the end of the day the luck factor always plays a big role. I play regularly with some folks that more often than not they hit a river card to win a hand they are behind in from the start. Me, on the other hand, are usually recipient of those bad beats LOL…

1 Like

A lot of this depends on why you are at this site in the first place… It’s FREE poker, and “what are ‘you’ getting out of it” is a reasonable question to ask oneself to account for the time spent, and whatever else you want to factor in to your ‘equation’… As for me, I view poker here as one of my ‘brain exercises’ of the day - it helps to keep my brain in reasonable shape - in case I actually NEED IT… :>))) …

No idea how old anyone else here is, but I reside in “Geezerville” at this point in my life… I’m home from ‘the war’ for 55+ years for example - so I’ve been ‘around the block’ a time or two, and believe at this point that I have ‘perspective’ for just how I fit into ‘reality’… If it ain’t worth thinking about right now for ‘you’, I guarantee, if you live long enough, someday it will … lol… :>))) …

4 Likes

What it all comes down to on this site is catching cards. If you are not catching cards you will never win. Sure you can bluff but that isn’t a strategy and you can only bluff so much. Seems like I am always card dead on this site. I was chatting with a player the other day who was getting great hole cards every hand, he said he has always gotten great hole cards ever since he started on this site a few years back.

Really makes me wonder ! Like a post a week ago or so about a player who started out with 2500 chips and in 10 days he hit 1 billion chips !! In both cases, how the hell does that happen because I go weeks with nothing but the worst hole cards in the game, along with no flops, no river wins, Card Dead !! In fact, I get the river bounce just about every hand ! Then maybe once every other week there is one day when I catch cards like these players you are talking about who win day in and day out. A billion chips in 10 days ? I say its impossible without cheating on this site.

1 Like

That’s not a fair statement. Give some scenarios where someone could cheat ! The collusion team is one of the best in the business here.

I personally don’t think there are “players you can’t beat”…It’s all about knowing the odds & when to fold. But I also believe there are “hot” and “cold seats” at times. So, when I just can’t win a hand or I keep getting dealt unplayable cards. after a long bout of this, I either move to another table or quit. Bottom line: when I have good cards, I play them. I play Omaha Hi/Lo & can only speak of that.

Name the player, so we can look at his stats for ourselves.

1 Like

He’s gone he was part of Hack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, Goat. I remember the guy, and remember he quickly disappeared. Customframer did too, right after me made the post, so it seems.

1 Like

Anyone can be beat, poker is a game of patience, discipline, skill and luck. If anyone plays the game to be concerned more about beating one player, rather than focusing on the win over all players has already conceded the loss in the game!

I didn’t disappear I just changed my name. It’s a superstitious quirk I have from playing baseball my entire life. Benn playing on this site since 2014. Few breaks. I got up to 40 million last summer. Then the Site crashed, or froze. I call it the summer of the big Freeze !! LOL Never won another hand, bank was gone so I to0k 6 months off. was remodeling my home anyway so the freeze was perfect timing/ Just came back

@customframer , yes it was a bad time for us all but, glad you’re back & hope the remodeling went well!! GL at the tables

Here’s the post from Sept. 17:

feelmysins

Mar '22

The player who created this thread went to over a billion in 10 days. The numbers are impressive. 12038 hands to reach 1,009,546,347

Thank you.

If you accept poker as solved no one is unbeatable. If you’re both running a perfectly constructed game you’ll be playing at 0EV with the rake as your only real opponent. That said I don’t like the way certain people play and since I’m here for fun I just avoid the tables they’re at.

why are your comments directed at me? It’s wasn’t me who asked the original question…

1 Like