I became the top #2 player in less than a year

The fact that some people think I may have bought chips speaks volumes about their thinking about poker (and not only) :rofl:

1 Like

Guys, don’t stop the celebrations! :partying_face:

I still highly recommend to you (and the other billionaire / hundred-millionaire players reading this) the annual RPOS tournaments which usually starts in August or September.

The series probably should be considered Replay’s version of the WSOP. The chip prizes shouldn’t matter to you guys. But, if you can win the Final Game, I think there’s always a lot of prestige that goes along with it. I think you can even win a hoodie.

I’m just guessing that PRESTIGE means something to you or you wouldn’t have started this thread.

Just going from my memory, the championship series the last few years offered, I think 30 qualifying tournaments offering a variety of the tournament games which are offered on Replay. Only the winners of each individual tournament advances to the Final Game.

Some win more than one tourney so, the Final Game will probably have less than 30 players.

I hope you consider it.

2 Likes

Sorry El-Jogador, I wasn’t implying that.
However the fact that you thought I was means you considered my opinion, and for that I thank you.
I was just speaking in general about buying vs. winning and the 0% difference it has on ranking. I wasn’t referring to you at all. :wink:

PS:…and if you did have enough money to by Billions of Replay Chips, you’d be my hero anyway!

1 Like

Admittedly that’s quite a feat. Print it out and impress your friends. That and a couple of Euros might even get you an espresso.

2 Likes

Perhaps you are Gamergirl in disguise, since El-Jogador means gamer-boy in Portuguese.

3 Likes

Congratulations! A few questions.

1. Had you played poker before?
  2. DId you ever buy chips on RP, or did you start from scratch?
  3. Which type of games did you play first to win your first million chips?

First and foremost, a sincere congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment. I have been playing for a little over a year and have only gone from 0 to 2.3 million (which I felt I worked very hard for, but is nothing compared to your chip total).

Any tips for building my bankroll faster? I’d like to think that I am at least a decent player, but maybe not? lol

1 Like

From a neophyte: Congrats, that’s pretty damn cool.

But you had to know a post like this was coming (just teasing):

But don’t worry, I added this one to counteract the bad juju:

1. In you opinion? :slight_smile:

2. Never, i started from scratch (and i went broke maybe 10 times at start) but i didn’t bought chips

3. I climbed the first levels by playing holdem (a real bore, I tried to play tables with few people and when they filled up I changed tables). The first period I played diligently and after 2 months I had 4b.
    I played mostly Heads-up, Holdem and Omaha H/L. I did the first million… I don’t remember, but i think holdem.

That is a very nice achievement to reach. I have only played against you twice an have lost quite a lot. But to me you are very lucky. :slight_smile:

mark

If you’re a good player, climb fast … I see players with 1b, even better than those with 10b who keep playing 50k-100k for no reason. If your skills are above the level you don’t need excessive bankroll management.

If you are not a good player, read a book. should be enough to get you up here: joy:

And as you go up the levels, take notes on the players.
At the top, they are always the same ones… And they aren’t able to change their strategy.

Lastly, consider incorporating Omaha h / l into your games.

There is less variance and playing well this game (and aggressively) you can destroy all levels … (personally I broke at least 5-6 “big” players of the site, some have unsubscribed and one recently changed its name :joy: )

Then if you get to play 100m-200m then i will again have a player to play omaha h/l with.

El-Jogador

I would like to ask, do you play real money sites now too.

If so have you replicated your success there. Do you win real money online ?

El -J great what have you done and vey impressed but please tell all why you stalk me - I still find it odd but for some reason you do - the number 2 player joins this game … that takes effort and I feel very flattered but come on its weird and a bit creepy… you can be what ever rank on the site bit to take that effort to find me (which you was doing) is messed up - Replay should be a safe place win loose or draw… but if you can go this far do this no matter what I win or loose as I would never wasted my time and never be simply weird - why would you or anybody do that … its so so wrong and messed up that you would do that… be the No1 but drop the stalking as I do not find it all acceptable and ask Replay to review this as in the end we should be able to play whilst feeling safe… right now I don’t feel safe

3 Likes

Get off of his friends list and he won’t be able to see where you are at. That’s creepy as hell !!!

he wasn’t on my friends list at the time

1 Like

Just for the record Tigster, I don’t mind if you stalk me. :slight_smile:

oooo I am so in My Sunster :slight_smile:

1 Like

and for the record to all who might think its odd I accepted friend request - I did to see what thrash message’s I would get to show replay - I am not that stupid to accept a request from somebody who clearly stalks me —

I just checked and you’re one of his “friends”. So, is he stalking you when you show up as being on line at the same time as him?

Then the question becomes why did you send him a “Friend request” or accept his request?

One solution, I imagine is to unfriend him if you really are concerned of being stalked.

I realize you are a female but uncertain now of El-Jogador’s gender since that earlier comment from BluffaloKing above that his handle means “Gamer girl” in Portuguese.

I just checked and this is true.

But, since you are a female you must be very careful. After all, this IS the internet. And, I wonder sometimes about some of the people on here and hidden motives.