How do you explain this?

Is there a difference between being wrong and technically wrong? :slight_smile:

think so

I totally agree

I must admit at times there seems to be a Glitch happening- sometimes being folded out with winning hand several times- etc. but I still believe in Replay. When low on chips I go back to Games with nice odds. Playing Heads up gives a 50% chance of Getting to the Chips compared to Tourney Plays paltry odds. Takes lotta folding in Tournaments to get to the Payout. I started in Ring Games which Offer a chance of entering with the minimum and when possible leaving for next room with chips in the bank. Weekend Tourneys with Bonus chips added are a Bonus. I agree Tournaments are Fun and a challenge which can Zoom You past Your peers. The odds are such to expect long long droughts also.

@JoeDirk

I think it just has to do with players calling down way more at the low stakes. The higher the stakes the less hands reach the river, so just less hands are shown and less royal flushes are made

1 Like

replay is a business …they do have control…

1 Like

The only way to be sure you get a straight or flush is to fold! This site has changed over the years…top starting hands ( AK) mean nothing (7-3) will beat them almost every hand.

2 Likes

I saw one player get about 4 royal flushes in one night on RP. They were playing about 30 or more tables & all very low stakes with a huge bankroll. Stupidly lucky tho.

I played for a few years before I ever saw my first royal. Limit was 1 table at a time where I was playing. I was playing SnG so that makes some difference. I eventually got 2 in about 4 months. A friend got 2 in three weeks.

Wish I recorded his profile but maybe its on an old laptop.

What @NoBluf said makes a lot of sense.

Even further to that we play loosey-goosey lower stakes or at least I do. I’ll happily call or 3Bet JTSuited lower stakes, but not nearly as much higher stakes.

Welcome to the Forums, Bo49. Come back often and enjoy the games. Good luck.

Yes they are!

1 Like

agree…100%

port76, do you realize you’re replying to a post from April of 2017?

The last previous response in this thread was about a year ago, July of 2020.

Could it be out of the hundreds of thousands of accounts created on replay that someone could have had this happen to them “naturally” by random chance?

What’s your distribution of hands played over time? If you played the vast majority of your hands in your first 6 months, and then hardly played after that, that could explain it.

Were you playing the same type of game the entire time? Hand frequency is different between Omaha and Holdem. That could potentially explain things.

I’ve had 6 royal flushes in 205k hands. One of those happened at a Royal Hold’em table, so I won’t count that, but it still takes a slot on my Top 10. Filling out my top 10 are four king-high straight flushes. I had two royal flushes come within a pretty brief interval, like within weeks or a month of each other. Four of the 6 happened “about 2 years ago”, and the most recent two happened 9 months and 2 months ago.

According to google search, which sources wikipedia, a royal flush occurs in a random 7-card hand 1-in-4324, or 0.0032%.

205000 / 4324 = 47.4.

205000 * 0.0032 = 656. (Edit: Er… maybe it’s 0.0032**%** which is 0.000032, which works out to 6.56. Which is close enough to actual.)

So, assuming I never folded a royal flush draw, I should have had 50 or 650 royal flushes (edit: or 6.6?), but I’ve only had 5?

I don’t understand statistics.