For those who think they always lose because the site is rigged

In the last 115 hands Paladin played there were two hands of quad aces, so his hand history of late supports his statement.

2 Likes

i also see quads almost daily (average 3hrs of mtt play)

recently posted a hand in ā€œevil handsā€ where quads where beaten by a straight flush (the latter i dont see that often, maybe once every 2 weeks? i got 5 myself in the last 3 months ~6hrs daily)

And Iā€™m allergic to straight flushes. According to my ā€œbest handsā€ stat, Iā€™ve had six straight flushes in the last two years. (about 60,000 hands).

Youā€™d think we could argue that stat means I should play suited connectors more often - but we really canā€™t - I almost always at least see the flop when holding them, especially since itā€™s usually just a limp-in to see it.

1 Like

Your chance to see a Quad on 7 of 52 cards is 1:594.
The other 5 players on table have the same chance.
6 Quads on 595 hands.

1-2 Quads on 150 hands is than very OK. But better you look to 100,000 hands to get a better statistic. But many hands go not to showdown, and I fold the most of my Quads Preflop, lol.

On my best day I played ca. 400 hands, and had 1 Royal Flush, 3 Quads, AAAKK, and 3 straights 10-A. And for me there was nothing rigged. It can happen, and from time to time it happens. On another Pokersite I saw a player had Quad, and next hand he had Quad again. This can happen too, nothing must be rigged.

For those that think the poker gods have no sense of humor:

Given the last couple of posts above regarding straight flushes and quads, let the record show, with me mainly commenting on how infrequently I hit a straight flush, that:

Not 15 minutes ago, I dutifully folded my 6d8h hand preflop. The board came up 3d,4d,5d. Turn was a brick. And you guessed itā€¦ 7d on the river.

So yeah, still didnā€™t hit it - but kind of like the Poker Gods just winked at me in quite a cruel way.

If I were a superstitious type, Iā€™d be terrified right now. :rofl:

4 Likes

:joy: the Poker Gods have been reading your posts :joy:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hahahahahaha, love that movie :joy:

5 Likes

Iā€™m not going to say itā€™s rigged, but once i got the same two cards j2 hearts 7 times in a row, and if i set at a table with one person with high chip count donā€™t bet against him, he will win no matter what you have. if your the chosen one doesnā€™t matter what cards you get you win and you donā€™t have to buy the hand. Itā€™s a computer it keeps up with how you bet and what cards you bet on. When i had time to prove it to my self i would play the free games and bet in a way that was not how i would normally bet and after about a week of just screwing with the computer went to playing the tables to but betting my normal way and went 63 days and always ended with more chips than i started with. i donā€™t have time to do that now and since i stopped i lose more than win, get to many trap hands. But i just play for fun, yes get crap cards a lot and lose a lot, but when itā€™s my day i win a lot of it back, canā€™t buy a burned match with chips anyway so way get upset about it, itā€™s replay

Since you know the winning formula one would think you would have 100 Billion Chips by now. As long as your having fun is what counts.

Iā€™m calling BS on getting the same cards 7 times in a row. Even if it were rigged, it would at least be rigged to not look rigged enough for someone to get the same cards that many times in a row. Glitchy maybe, but rigged to do that, nah.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, it happen

I didnā€™t even see that post. BS !!!

Did you mention it on the forums when it happened, or did you wait until now?

No i didnā€™t mention it then, it happened over a yr ago, i just laughed it off, itā€™s the first time i every said anything on the forum and will probably be the last. Your playing a computer that keeps up with every hand you play so crap happens. I play for the fun of it, enjoy the people on here mostly, i wasnā€™t complaining, just saying what happened and how i figured out how to win more with out having to out bet others, if you have time to do it. Playing is free, well i pay the 10 dollars a month to support the site but for most itā€™s free so why get upset.

Iā€™ve been playing this site for many years, and have many, many tournament pointsā€¦ but what good are they??? I have never seen a tournament where you could play using these!!!

@3682

I think the tournament points are only used in the Leaderboards & Leagues statistics where you can acquire additional chips. Scroll the Promotions section to the Leaderboards & Leagues section on the left hand side.

Also, the Toplist page for MTT shows who has won the most weekly, monthly and yearly tournament points.

I hope this helps.

Pretty good breakdown of this phenomenon with a great number of players. Here is WHY this actually happens, from the Cognition/Memory perspective:

Humans use so called Heuristics to figure out world around them, or mental shortcuts. The reason we use them is because our processing capacity is limited, and we try to preserve the energy and processing power required to process/store all the info we encounter in our life. These Heuristics, are very useful and very effective in most cases of our life. So the one Heuristic we apply to gauge how often a certain event happen is this: We reach in our memory bank and try to recall that event. If we recall many instances of that event, we think this event happens often, if we recall only few, we think the even is rareā€¦ Now this works 90% and it makes sense. Thatā€™s why we use it.
The problem is that we more easily retrieve from our memory bank, unusual events, emotional events, painful events. While we tend not to even register expected events (like when our hand holds when it was ahead).
So now, when we experience a bad beat, we look in our memory bank to see how many of such events we can recall. We over-recall these events, cause they are unusual, emotional, painful. Then we get a false sense that this type of event happens more often than it actually does. Add to that that we didnā€™t encode at all events when our hand held when it should have (cause they fit our expectation), and you got yourself a significant mis-perception of the reality.

1 Like

Itā€™s called replay poker so we can replay those hands and events so we donā€™t use our minds storage and analyze everything weā€™ve done in that hand. Then we can put the things we want to remember on a thumb drive on our computer.

Technology at its finest.

Replay Poker ask; "Have you seen this player at the table? We havenā€™t. :frowning: "

My question; You seem to have an opinion on many topics and respond (usually in support of RP) on a daily basis but havenā€™t played in over a month? What gives? Are you on RPā€™s payroll?