For those who think they always lose because the site is rigged

I definitely think there should be a bonus if you hit a six-card straight…and a bigger bonus if you hit a seven-card straight. (Same with flushes, by the way.)

I’m sure this will happen as soon as they put in an “Unfold” button. I could use one of those every once in a while as well.

3 Likes

Minnow lol you know how thick I am with numbers and i took 9 days figuring that out lol god wish you was i my class with them maths lol

Heads up, obviously 32o is the worst hand.

But if you played the 200,000 hands of all possible starting hands, 72o would likely do slightly worse than 32o.

32o won’t win any high card hands. 72o might win one in a very rare situation.
72o will win an infinitesimally greater number of flushes with one card versus 32o hands. Almost all of the wins will be where the hand was the only one with the flush, but there will be the rare 7 that beats a 6, 5, 4, 3, or 2. And there will be the extremely rare 3 high flush beating 2-high

But there will be a far greater number of straights with the 32 than there will with the 72 since only one of the 72 cards will be involved. And that’s what will give the 32 the advantage.

A post was merged into an existing topic: The fairness debate

I am one of the few on here that rarely limps preflop, but there is so much preflop limping and calling that in many games this turns into a losing strategy. I raise preflop to shrink the field, but everyone calls anyway and then when my AK misses the flop, I end up losing a good number of chips.

In the last team tournament, there was a player who finished near the top each day who limped in on 90% of the deals. Didn’t matter what he had, he called and more often than not seemed to hit his hand. When those of us who play more judiciously play guys like this, since it seems like he’s beating insurmountable odds consistently, the only explanation we have is that it must be rigged.

But if we look at our games, we may also see that maybe we hold on to a missed flop too long because of a pre-flop raise or continuation bet. Missing an AJo after a 3-BB preflop raise and 6-BB continuation bet is frustrating because you don’t want to suddenly have to toss 9-BB because some guy hit his 5-9o again on the turn after calling your 9-BB. So we call his shove and take it in the teeth or we dump it and hope we weren’t bluffed. In either case we get screwed.

Televising the pros skews things well, I think, for many of our lesser skilled players. They see a Gus Hansen play a 4-7o aggressively and talk about how “any two will do” and think that’s a reasonable strategy, not knowing that he has folded the previous six non-televised hands, some of which were much more playable. He plays a weird hand like that to remain unpredictable and put more power into his bluffs, and they show those hands because they make for good TV.

Meanwhile, a guy figures if Hansen can play hands like that and win, they can as well. They bet, raise, and all-in like crazy, we fold to keep alive, and they get rewarded enough to think they’re doing the right thing. They bust out early, get more chips, but then win the lottery on a few and suddenly have the chip lead. And guys like me are sitting back, trying to pick off a few blinds, take a few hands here and there and not fall victim to one of their wild shots before the odds catch up with them.

4 Likes

Very well put!

I can not agree more BUT what about a player ranked 1074 who for some unbeknown reason went all in preflop (sometimes only winning 45 chips) for the 1st 29 hands of a game b4 i got moved to another table lol 5 mins again he joined us to resume all in every hand why?

He missed you :joy:

Not sure what the odds are for someone going all in preflop for 29 hands in a row and winning every time. But it must be a rather large number.

1 Like

The point about playing 72 is that you will only flop a pair 1/3 of the time. If neither player makes a pair on the flop, then almost any hand will be starting ahead of 72, and 72 will have to come from behind on the turn or the river, which is pretty obviously against the odds.

Obviously 72 will flop a boat as frequently as any other unpaired hand, but on the occasions when it does not flop a boat or trips or 2 pr it will not win very often. However every other card combination of two unpaired cards has the same probability of flopping a boat or trips or 2 pair, and most of these combinations start ahead of 72.

Depends how many opponents there are, what kind of game it is, and whether this is a cash game or a tournament, and if it is a tournament, what are the relative stack sizes. If it is a tournament, and it is on the bubble, and the person shoving pre-flop has the largest stack, then there could be a lot of pre-flop folds from players not wanting to risk their whole stack on the bubble.

I’m all about J4o these days…or was that J3o? I get confused :lying_face:

1 Like

Don’t forget the low cut :joy:

This is an observation on the site. I’m not worried about rigged as that implies that the site is favoring one player over another. I am more looking at the so called random generation of cards. Now I play 150 or so hands a day…now one could argue that’s not a lot of hands…however in my rather long life I have played untold hands of cards in a variety of different card games. Here I can play this relatively small sample of hands and see on an average of 1-2 quads a day…where under usual play it would be a lot rarer event. That being said…it’s a free site and good place to kill some time.

Please define “ usual “ .

Usual= hand dealt/shuffled…6 position table.

So seeing 1-2 quads a day here would be unusual somewhere else ? I don’t get your point .

Merely an observation…statically quads would be dealt every 500-1000 hands. Since I see them much more frequently was so stating. Not interested in a ticky-tack back and forth.

Not disputing what you say you’ve seen, but for the other side of the coin, I feel like I’ve only seen quads maybe two or so times in the last couple of months. (And as a side note, I haven’t seen a straight flush hit the table in what seems like forever.)

2 Likes

@Paladin13 You made the statement, i didn’t and your numbers are wrong.