Bigger community interaction with homegames and clubs?

No need to surrender, we don’t need winners or losers since I’m all for lively discussion. I consider having passionate players a badge of honor actually. :smile:

So, about the win rate, it’s not there yet, but it’s data we can get to and share; that’s my point - there’s a lot more we can do to increase transparency and enable you to dig into all that lovely data to see what’s really going on. :sunglasses:

Hehe, our goal is to get it into players hands so they can see what’s going on. There’s just a lot of work to do and never enough time to do it. =) It also takes some thought – what’s the best way to get it out there? What data is most useful? How can we make it usable? Not sharing it, as you noted, leaves us right where we were… with a lot of confusion and gut feelings.

Part of the team meeting today touched on this. To get a meaningful sample, we have to pull a significant amount of hands from a given user. Something we can do, but it would impact performance if it was done constantly. I’m not a developer, but it was super awesome to get Jonas’ perspective – it’s not just a simple fix!

Never give up! Trust is worth earning.

First off let me tell you I really enjoy your site, and it’s free. And other times I’m frustrated as all heck, but hey it’s free. I’m learning all kinds of things that I can try in real games. B4 I jump into this site, (Jan-Jun) think I lost like real money. The past couple of months,. daily tourneys, actually placed in money, not big, but nevertheless in the money. Might be awhile B4 I break even, but brother it’s coming back! Now about this other matter. Why are higher-levels allowed to play in lower-levels, say 2000 chips or less. Let the newbies and rookies learn. Once the lower-levels play like 100 tourneys, which probably separate the serious players from the not so serious players ,then move them up the ladder. Anyway, I got to get back to my homework. Thanks Replay ! It’s free !

Glad you’re enjoying it DangerousDame. The question of restricting play so that higher stake players are prohibited from playing lower stake tables (and maybe tournaments) is an interesting idea. Would be good to get other player’s opinions on the subject.

you can’t do this lets say you got a bunch of friends that are low stake players and can only play low stake tables and you cant play with them because you are a high stake player and are prohibited from playing a low stake tables that’s not right at all

Why is everyone so ready to restrict peoples’ ability to play? If a low stakes accidentally binks a big tourney, they should absolutely be able to play any stakes they can afford.

No one should make a complaint on a free community gaming site, PERIOD. Why are there so many players who are so serious in winning and forget about the fun in playing poker. Why are there sore losers that always complain or blame something else rather than look at the flaws in their plays (if you want to get technical). Conspiracy Theory - Please Perish the Thought.

Just Play and be appreciative and give praise Not complain!!!

The only disappointment I might have with RP is when i bump into negativity… LOL just pulling y’all legs. A shout out to all RP staff, keep up the good work and thank you for the effort and time you all have put in.

HTwaves , I like your idea bro, and yes you too keep up the good work

Cheers, “dont make me angry”

1 Like

That’s a good point. I don’t think we want to limit anyone’s fun, but rather, make sure more people are having more fun. Creating tables geared toward more games, or with the intent of slowly introducing poker might be a better approach.

We often get stuck on the idea that most of the tactics being used are legal and allowed in all types of poker, they just limit the fun for other players. Not as big of a deal in person, I’d imagine, but scale it up for online play, and you’re going to hit it more frequently just based on the amount of folks playing. I’d be willing to bet the vast majority aren’t doing it to be malicious, but how do you filter those out from those lookin’ to take advantage? (And should you?)

I think Replay Poker is now in a place whereby it needs to have three to five playing levels so that people with similar skills can play unencumbered by people who are much better or people who are much worse. I can’t think of any sport in the world that doesn’t classify so as to keep the competition at its highest this way.

Maybe create games and leagues with certain colors.

I believe deeply that if this is inaugurated it will be the single most important action Replay could take to separate itself from any other site. It would be a Herculean effort but I think once completed it will quickly triple or quadruple the size of Replay as the word of mouth would draw people from everywhere.

Thanks for the feedback Scratch. Are you proposing just color coding in the lobby, or actual restrictions on play? Or something different in mind?

something like this?

Players start in level 1, when they are good enough they can and must play in level 2, when they reached a certain level (good average over x played games) they must play in level 3, and so on…?

Players who play just a couple of games a month must play in level 1, only the few good players can play in level 5. And of course when you must play in level 5 you may not play in level 1. You mean that?

I not like that also, just try to understand what he means.

Players must be free to choose the game they want to play, and when is someone a good player?? Players can learn from better players. Good players win and lose, bad players win and lose, only good players can win back their lose most of the time.
And besides that, having fun and a good time is very important also, im not here to play with only a very small group, i like to play with all players.

Paul,

If it comes to pass that there will be ratings in the same way that chess is rated, or even other money poker sites, then you can have all the open table you want so Happi and Sharon can have a good time with their friends. I am not against that.

But if you go so far as to find a system that will legitimately rate players then why not further and look to make other parts of the site a place where solid and equal poker is being played. As those who want more private games for their friends, there should also be a dedicated section on the site that will have games between and among players in the same rating categories.

Have one section of games where anybody can play anywhere as long as they have the price of admission. And have the same games in three levels that accommodate players who are rated at one of the three levels.

Scratch

Yeah, I’m not a fan of restricting friends from playing with each other, but a private/unranked system could be an interesting solution. (Though maybe technically challenging; who knows?)

Organizing suggested tables by ranking cohort, or maybe suggesting them on the dashboard over others might help with that, as well as provide a more balanced experience for everyone – unless you’re explicitly looking for a different level. Hmmmmm.

Just joining in the brainstorm, by the way. Nothing is official. =)

Gatzsby,

I’m not sure if this helps but here is the link for the FAQs of the Official Poker Rankings website: http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/faq.html

It would seem to me that there is a math that may work for a universe of say ten thousand active players. I saw somewhere in their pages that they use the past 120 days of results to determine the rankings.

I hope this helps if this gets any legs.

Scratch

1 Like