Bigger community interaction with homegames and clubs?

Is there any word on if we will be able to create clubs and play home game tournaments? I’ve made a lot of friends here, and I’d love to host a little home game tourney with everyone. Maybe even cash tables within the club?

Interesting ideas. I favor private clubs and tourneys and last I heard they were under consideration. As for cash tables that would be nice dream, but probably that is all.

I know what you are talking about but its pointless look at numerous threads and players like us that have voiced our concerns and continue to get shutdown

I’m with SharonSmarty… Y’all need to do something about your programming, seems to favor newbies.

2 Likes

I have to admit it’s frustrating when players question the honesty of the site. It’s not just questioning the site but a direct attack on the honesty of our team, and that upsets me more. It’s particularly hurtful as one would hope the interaction that players have with the staff and team would be indicative of our attitude to the game, just as much to the players. The idea we’d try and manipulate the game in some way to favor new players, or old players, or paying players, or non-paying players, or players born on the 4th of july, or whatever it might be… is a slap in the face as to everything that Replay stands for.

As for home games and tourneys. Yes! It’s something we’d love to add to the site and something we will add. Right now we’re working on a few big projects so those take priority, but I would think early to mid next year, we’ll be in a good position to move forward.

2 Likes

also a frustrated player

You won many games Sharon and you are not a newbie.

Friends, Sharon, Happi, Paul, and all,

It is not about donks or newbies.

You never hear these kinds of complaints from those who play ring games. They don’t claim that the deals are fixed. They don’t complain about either new players or old bad players. The reason they don’t is simple and obvious. You cannot win an extra million chips each month by playing ring games. All chips are earned by the grit and grind of poker.

Has it occurred to anybody that there is so much free chips available that it attracts all kinds of players. Millions upon millions of chips are for the taking. Therefore these players are only interested in playing, and hope like hell that every day is their day. How many times do you see a person with 300K in chips join a 200K SNG? Too many times. They shouldn’t even be allowed. They clearly have no serious logistics to play at that level with their bank. They are there for the luck of it.

Anther thing: cards are dealt random every hand. There is no fixing. There is no favoritism.

What there is, is people trying to win not just the chips of the game but want a piece of the monthly bonus. Even you Happi, Sharon, and me, and every player in the SNGs leaderboard are not in it for anything else other than the bonuses offered.

Simple fix again is, no more double dipping, no more double scoring, and reduce the bonus chips by one half or more.

The closer you get to the simplicity of the ring game the better off we all are.

Scratch

no disrespect but I disagree with everything you have said

2 Likes

I agree

Sounds like we’re all a little frustrated. I have a skin like an rhinoceros, so don’t worry about me taking anything too much to heart. There will always be doubters, it’s the nature of running a poker site, I’ve come to accept that. At the end of the day though, it’s the numbers that don’t lie, and it’s the numbers you can’t argue with. That’s why it’s my intention to open the statistical data up as much as is possible (without compromising anything). Secondly there’s a lot more we can do to educate players about poker, the odds, the randomness of it, and even more so, tailor that education to improve the particular weaknesses of the player - and that’s what excites me, and gets me up in the morning, and desperate to keep iterating on Replay to achieve the potential that’s there.

no education needed for me either

If you make a claim like ‘I feel like the newbies are catered to and win way too often, in hopes that they will bring friends in’ then that’s you opinion, your perception of what you see at the table. It’s an assertion, it’s something that can be tested and proven to be either right or wrong. Given that every hand on Replay Poker is replayable, the evidence is all out there for anyone to see. The only thing lacking is a simple way to digest all that information. You see a new player win a hand, you think they’re being favored somehow. You go to their profile page, and you can see their win rate is actually below average. You can view every hand they played, and confirm that it is indeed below average. That’s the end of the argument. You had a perception they are getting better hands than they should, but you’ve looked at the evidence and it proves it otherwise. That’s the level of statistical analysis I’d like to see on Replay. Then the next time someone says we’re rigged, or we’re biased (whether knowingly or not) I can simply reply, take a look for yourself, the numbers speak for themselves, end of story. If you stop and think about it, it’s really the only way any poker site can defend itself.

Final comment on the subject, as I know we’ve gone off topic, but it’s worth saying. I’m not criticising you or anyone else for having those beliefs. As human beings, we rely on what we see with our own eyes and ears to make up our own minds. We all know how easy the media can manipulate a story, we often need to experience something first hand ourselves to form what we believe to be an unbiased opinion. As smart and intelligent people, it’s healthy to have a natural scepticism, but equally it’s necessary to know our own limitations as human beings. Cognitive bias exists (News: The Top Five Biases in Poker) and it’s important to be aware of it because our unbiased opinion may not be so unbiased after all. So, what’s the end result? I loop back to my first point about providing you with a means to get to the data: the facts don’t lie.

P.S. On the education side, I’m sure if we had a way of analyzing your play to highlight your weaknesses, you’d want to know what they were; play money or no play money.