An actual real suggestion for improvement

So I’m at the table, and I go to click the “check” box ahead of time because hey - I’m all for moving things along when possible. It’s the nice thing to do.

So I click it. Unfortunately, a millisecond before I clicked it, the player right before me went “all in,” and that moment, my intent to simply “Check” changed when the “check” box became the “call” box, and it happened so quickly I couldn’t change it before - yes, I was all in and got busted.

So, point one: Perhaps Reply could change the unfortunate placement of these check/call boxes? Granted this is probably a rare happening - but I just got busted out in the 19th of my 20th allotted Astral Orion weekly tournament (and I’m currently doing well and sitting in the money, but this is going to hurt my chances severely) when I went to click the “check” button only to have ended up checking the “call” box because of unfortunate timing.

Point two: Lesson learned. I’m NEVER attempting to access the choices intended to speed up play again. No more Mr. Nice Guy on trying to keep things moving. I’ll wait until it is my turn and I’ll take my time.

But there is absolutely no reason for the “check” box to be replaced in the exact same position by the “call” box - this makes a completely accidental call (as I found out) a possibility.

29 Likes

Has happened to me several times too. Very annoying !

11 Likes

I vote yes on this change. This has happened to me, too. I blame myself, but if there’s an easy fix, I can have one more mistake in poker for which I needn’t blame myself. lol

9 Likes

Yep - I do blame myself - but the only way to guarantee it never happens again is to never, ever, click that button - and then what’s the point of having the “check” box if I’m now never going to use it? I mean, it was the just the second hand of a nine player table, and I end up all in with K5o?? In what world do I go “all in” with K5o???

Two worlds:

1. At the end of the road when the next blind or two is going to drain me, so I really don’t have a choice other than to ride that King like Secretariat and pray to the poker Gods for mercy. (And of course, 99 times out of 100 we all know that “Secretariat” really turns out to be a horse named “Three-Legged Elmer” and he’s headed straight to the glue factory)

2. This world - where on any given hand an evil gremlin can change the “Check” button to the “Call” button a mere millisecond before I click it, and if I can;t correct it in time (which is what happened here) throwing me into a bet I most certainly did NOT want to be involved in.

4 Likes

Yep, have had this happen to me quite a few time too! But like everything else, I just blame Replay, and keep on trucking, because, deep down we all know, someone is to blame and we also know it is never us! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

And it will happen again to you… because no matter how adamant you are about never doing it again, eventually you will want to speed the game up and won’t be able to resist the temptation. Trust me, I know from experience :roll_eyes:

Seriously though, Replay could/should rearrange the boxes to avoid it altogether. Pretty simple fix.

3 Likes

Patience Padawan. If trying to speed the game up you are, the problem you are not! yoda

Still wouldn’t hurt to examine the programming on that point.

2 Likes

Have happend to me too,not fun! So i am up for that change!

2 Likes

Hey Elvoid, Thanks for the great suggestion! It looks like it’s happened to a few people so you’re definitely not alone in that. I’ll be sure to pass it along to the rest of our team. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Cool! I’m not saying I will have “He Moved the Box” on my headstone… but I’m not saying I won’t! :wink:

7 Likes

Yes I’ve been caught out the same, although once or twice its worked to my advantage:)

5 Likes

Yes, that too! lol Which is why I hadn’t complained earlier.

3 Likes

it is not a rare occurrence with me, happens alot. Fortunately not all on all ins but heavy bets and I look stupid for making that play “ugh”. I have the habit of doing that all the time and I am trying to break myself of the habit by waiting …It sure is aggravating when it happens. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve had that happen many times on hold 'em so I make sure I only click the check box if it’s early in the rotation. Also have been caught in stud when the call button suddenly switches to the fold button in the same place once the players are all-in, and I have accidentally folded some winning hands after being almost all-in, very aggravating…

3 Likes

It’s a baffling and incompetent design element that’s been an issue since the site went to HTML. It’s crazy that it’s still an issue. Much worse than a bad beat when it happens, too.

2 Likes

I agree with the suggestion, its happened to me multiple times too.

Ditto,and I never seem to learn to pay attention! LOL

1 Like

Yes, same here!
All buttons should be redesigned and aligned in the same place, including the ‘sitting out’ button should be in the same box!

You’re so right, it happened to me a couple of times but not as severe as yours.

Happened to me 4 or 5 times as well, you can click to speed up but never when the player is just before you. Fix it would be nice.

2 Likes