Plz fix the stupid button placement

My intent to click “Check” became “Call” when the button changed a millisecond before I clicked on it, costing me considerably since the person to my right went all-in.

That’s happened before but it’s been a long time since I got into the habit of not clicking anything until it’s my turn but it still sneaks up on me (and plenty of others, apparently) occasionally.

That is really, really frustrating and really, really bad design

6 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

I agree as well.
I’ve learned through mistakenly losing that if it’s anywhere near my turn to bet, I won’t click on check.

4 Likes

The old Full Tilt Poker site had this same problem. I haven’t played enough other sites to know if it occurs there too. It is indeed a terrible design and very frustrating. Ed

2 Likes

I just wait until my turn and I have the red buttons. Made that a habit. Clicking check fold before your hand is somewhat of a risk.

3 Likes

Understand if playing 2 or 3 games, when in doubt there’s only one button to remember, Fold!

Hi @JustSomeGuy,

Thanks for the feedback. This is something that we have in our queue to resolve. Right now what we recommend is if you have at least two players before your turn, it should be safe to do your pre-actions (fold, check, call, raise). If only one person is ahead of you, we suggest waiting for that person to finish their bet before applying any actions.

I’ll make sure to pass this on to the rest of the Team so they know more players are bringing this up again.

I hope that helps.

2 Likes

I had sometimes problems on checking the ‘Call’ checkbox. In moment of my click it changed from calling 1 BB to calling an all in. And the time was then to short to take my check back.
My idea to this:
If a player clicks to the checkbox, the software has to look has the caption of the checkbox changed in the last 1000 milliseconds. If yes, then the software checks the checkbox not. The player has then time to think because calling again.
I am application developer, and my code to do this would look like this:

I think this would be a very easy way to make it better.

2 Likes

i once suggested they move the checkbox (on change) a line up or down, also very easy, I think that would be the safest option

1 Like

I do, but over the course of many hands one will come up where everyone ahead of me has checked a box before their turn which means having two players ahead of me (sometimes more) doesn’t help since it becomes my turn almost instantly.

And it got me again today that way, fortunately at a lower stakes table.

It sucks to lose a bunch of chips entirely as a result of the layout/design.

1 Like

Agree, but I think there may be more important issue’s to deal with right now. Like lag, freezing, booting folks, etc.

3 Likes

You are 100% right on this one.

3 Likes

It’s happened to me many times i wish this would be fixed.

3 Likes

It’s easy enough not to get confused if you are watching the game,the bigger problem which has been mentioned is the lag,it’s ridiculous now

1 Like

This issue has nothing to do with confusion.

2 Likes

I also had a similar issue. I had the nuts against an eager bettor and I was just calling his bets everytime until it got to the last one and the call button became the fold button and I folded

I agree with the original post. I’ve even had this happen when I was 4th to act. The call (min bet) became a call (All in) as I clicked, the 2 players to my right had pre-set fold actions, everything got processed bang, bang, bang and I had no chance to rescind.

I think starting the box at the top of the area for check/call BB and lowering a box height for each successive raise would be very helpful. Until some fix is established this “feature” is simply a landmine for players.

2 Likes

Yep, happened to me a couple of times-real money, would cry:)

The issue is really annoying at times. I guess this has happend so a bunch of players.
To resolve it you might arrange the buttons in a way like PkerStrs did in their software. They seem to have had the same problem but their button placement prevents “wrong” clicking in a way as described above. Why not learn from them?

why not just add another tickbox