Why are the cards dealt displayed in the chat box?

Why are the cards dealt displayed in the chat box?

The cards dealt are either in the player’s hand or on the table. They are also displayed in the congested chat box.

Please click on the following poll questions.

Do you pay attention to and use the cards dealt in the chat box, during a game?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Should the cards dealt be removed from the chat box?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Please add your comments regarding the subject.

Thanks everyone and good luck, on the tables!!

I often look at the previous hand to see why I didn’t win (or lose) since they jump to the next hand pretty quickly. I don’t want to have to replay the entire hand just the bottom line is very useful to me personally.

5 Likes

Totally agree! It is the Broadcasts which crowd the chat box! Would love to get rid of them!

7 Likes

#m2 ‘‘just the bottom line’’

2 Likes

Yup, see them sometime, but mostly table changes quickly. Flop seen all the time, but ignore turn and river.

1 Like

Thanks, @southwestmba . I wanted to see how many actual uses the cards dealt info, as I see no need for that info myself. Also @grapevine . I agree with you regarding the broadcast. I wanted to chip off some of the unnecessary info in the chat box, one bite at a time. Starting with the easiest one, that I believed was unnecessary. Thanks also @mrzick , I also look at them at times & wonder why they are there. :smiley:

It will be hard to get rid of the clutter in chat box, without knowing what is important to everyone.

Thanks everyone for your input & thoughts. Looking forward to more.

Why not make the chatbox filter a real filter with multiple selections possible. I would like to be able to turn off the broadcast while keeping dealer and chat. Currently we can select one only. For folks like Litenin who don’t like broadcast and dealer chat the current system works fine just use the “players only” selection.

3 Likes

Thanks, that has been the ultimate goal for many years. Our members should have options. Sadly we have had no options to decide what we want to see in chat box.

Perhaps, we need to start a thread upon that again.

I think we need to know first what is important info to our friends & players and start with, what I believe is the low hanging fruit. Very curious how the poll results will be and look forward to more comments.

1 Like

I don’t think you quite understand the problem in question, my friend. The current filter system is the problem. There should be options to turn off certain info from the dealer, such as cards dealt and still see results. Just taking baby steps to get to the Broadcast issues.

1 Like

Yes, I did misunderstand… I don’t think we will be able to pick and choose what we get to see from the dealer… It is probably all or nothing.

Personally I do not mind the dealer announcing cards dealt. I think that is pretty standard for online poker. I seem to remember being able to select verbose or not for the dealer (not sure what site). Choosing verbose resulted in all action being announced. Cards dealt, all bets calls and folds, and hand results. The minimum was just cards dealt and hand results.

1 Like

I don’t really pay attention to the dealer chat - cards dealt - while playing.

We do have the option of turning off the dealer chat by selecting players only in the filter. In doing so, we miss out on the hands shown at the end of that deal. I do like to see who was holding what…if they don’t muck. I also like to see who won…if I’m out of the hand and not paying attention. :wink: So, I might have Players Only on…and then turn it back to ALL just to catch what happened.

I’m curious to know how many players opt for Broadcasts Only in their filters. Frankly, I’d like to be able to turn those off sometimes…but that’s just me. Some games have so much fun chatter that gets lost when multiple broadcasts happen.

3 Likes

I would agree that having multiple choice check boxes would be ideal, but Replay is a business, so I don’t see the announcements going away without consequences of not seeing something else, that’s just the price we pay. Maybe someday when they are big enough, the option for multiple choice will be available without slowing player participation in other games.

2 Likes

You may be correct, however my thought process is anything’s possible. I think the question’s is it needed?

2 Likes

My hope in presenting this poll, was to find some simple item ( low hanging fruit ) in chat box which has no value at all to players to request removal. However so far, results are showing there is value to seeing the cards dealt to the table.

To my mathematical wizard @Poki65 , How many est, hands are played on an average in a typical, Holdem free roll tournament X 3. If I’m correct that is how many times that cards dealt ie, Dealer: Dealt to board: [ Kh Kc 2c ] Is using in chat box lines of messages, per the tourney.

Personally, I see no value in having the cards dealt to table, as we can see what those cards dealt were on the table. Perhaps, I should’ve, specified only that and not affecting showdown cards, results or anything else from the dealer’s chat posts.

I will leave the poll open till Thursday 4/18 and lets see what final results are. Thanks to everyone participating. As always, I hope you will have fun and gl on the tables!!

1 Like

I like to look back at a hand to see what another player had, if they were betting with garbage, or actually had good cards from the start. If a lot of people are calling, you can quickly scan everyone’s end hand. To have to go into the history of hands in the middle of an MTT, or SNG, can make you miss a turn.

1 Like

Thanks and agree. Great to see showdown cards. But does the cards dealt to table help you, when we have already seen them on the board? We just didn’t know what the player cards in hand was.

2 Likes

i like to see showdown cards only and prefer seeing like this
last hand results

1 Like

I look many times back to the cards of last hand on chatbox, but most for seeing the other players holecards / playing / bluffs. Seeing there the community cards too is good too, no problem for me. To see all better I start many times the replay of last hand and look on folded hands to it. Yesterday I saw on another poker site no dealt cards in chatbox. I’m sure making a setting for hiding the cards on chatbox is not many work.
The big problem is for me the broadcast. Sometimes 5 or 6 such messages at same time, 10 – 12 rows on chatbox. I had it the last half year blocked, used first my own add on, and now a freeware add blocker. Perfect now.

Here an animation of a complete filled chatbox, I remember it can hold max 200 items. 7 pictures on the animation, changes every 3 seconds. Pokertable hidden too, lol.

Chat

Broadcast means for me: “Play here, play there, lose chips, buy new”. The new pop ups are the same. Replay want sure to keep both.
I’m sure the dealt cards can be blocked too, but not so easy. It are all “dealer messages” on code, good and “bad”.

In 2 months come new tables, wrote fizzymint. We can hope it gets better.

2 Likes

The games move quickly, and at my age, the memory is not quite what it used to be.
I often scroll back up the chat box to see what’s been dealt or played. :smiley:

2 Likes

My 5 cents:

I think it would benefit the whole system if the Dealt to board messages were removed. Who wants to read that anyway when the cards are there displayed on the table? Keep the winning player and hand, but definitely bin the former messages. And definitely definitely either disable green Broadcast messages or let us have an option to filter them out.

2 Likes