Why are the cards dealt displayed in the chat box?

Thanks Poki, it looks like right now we have a 50/50 split on wanting and removing cards deal to table. That said, I wouldn’t even ask for it to be removed. Also, as as far, as I know it may be a requirement for the RNG Certification.

Thanks everyone for your input.!

I like to go back and re look at the previous hand from time to time. i vote to keep thee broadcasts. Yea

1 Like

They probably don’t belong in the chat box, but that information is definitely useful. I don’t think anyone has said the dealer broadcasts are useful during a hand though - they’re only useful after it has played out. If the replay always showed that info in some form without having to watch the whole hand play out in real time, that would be fine. Just having buttons to skip forward/back would do it. A semi-detailed summary of the hand that is always displayed in the replay would be fine too.
I think it would be an improvement if the chat box was just player chat, but would be very disappointed if any of the dealer broadcasts disappeared from chat without being easily accessible in some other way.

1 Like

Thanks, great input and hope staff will follow the thread for ideas of cleaning up the chat box. However, that recorded info may have to be displayed for a reason, such as RNG certification. I have no idea, but the only reason I can think of.

It’s there because it’s useful (sometimes). A lot of other sites don’t even have a chat window - I’m certain it has nothing to do with the RNG certification.
I like that the player chat is color coded so you can easily spot it when scrolling back through to see what drama you missed.

2 Likes

Probably for text to speach, for visually impaired

I agree, posted on main page and if you play tournaments you know when they are starting

Chat box
Where is that
Play on my phone?

1 Like

???
Or not allowed
Like talking to people

Unfortunately, I don’t believe chat is available on phone, app

1 Like

I totally agree. But if the broadcast’s generate a revenue for replay, it would have to made up somewhere else. Normally that is the consumer, don’t think that would go over well. Hopefully someone at replay will answer that question. I’m all for giving players choices to turn on/off if possible.

Got to Love the forum, always great to be able to agree to disagree & learn from others. As I often say, we are all like snowflakes (different) and learning opportunity’s for us all is unlimited !!

Looking at the results so far, it seems to be 50/50 for and against. I would be interested to see a poll where the dealer gives the hand result only, and the Broadcasts advertising other games starting are eliminated.
Before the Broadcasts flooded the chat box with this advertising, they used to post the winners of other games being played, and I really miss that. If I saw a friend had won I would send a PM congratulating them., To my mind, this helped further community spirit, and if I had been fortunate enough to win a MTT it was lovely receiving the odd PM from a friend.

4 Likes

I agree with that. I much preferred the notices congratulating someone for winning a tournament over the ones telling me of a tournament getting ready to start. (WHEN I AM ALREADY PLAYING IN A TOURNAMENT SO I AM CLEARLY NOT INTERESTED). Comradery vs clutter.

As far as the cards dealt in the chat box, I personally think Replay hits the right balance, I dont want a play by play just the facts and winning hands especially in hi/lo games. Could do without so and so mucks if the cards aren’t shown at the end.

2 Likes

Since we are split on removing the cards dealt to the board, I don’t think it will change by asking dealer to only display hands won.

It would be interesting to see the poll results. Do the Broadcasts bring value to the players & if not how many would like to see them, with an option to not display them in chat box. Coming soon hopefully!!

Thanks everyone, the poll is closed & Thanks again for your input to the conversation of cleaning up the chat box!!

yup, jump to next hand should be slower, not much but tiny bit.

I’m late to the party, but here’s my thoughts:

• The biggest problem with chat is that you have absolutely no option to see it on mobile. Fix that first.

• 2nd biggest problem is the broadcast messages. If I want to join a tournament, I’ll go to the lobby and filter on them.

• Looking back a previous hand for board info and showdown hands can be very valuable. Sometimes the hand moves on too quickly to see what everyone had/did.

3 Likes

Thanks @Dorkupine for your input. I believe it’s time to have a poll Hopefully, with a larger amount of players regarding the need for options to turn off Broadcast.