The fairness debate

Was it rigged when you snap called off your stack with QJ off??

time to give it up. enjoy everyone.

Iā€™m gun shy do anything raising calling betting cause of everything happens to me. any hand I get is beat no matter what. tried playing every style, nothing works. Iā€™m setup to lose on here. its how it goes and time to move on.

I am aware that playing poker in an online game is not real, as far as no one has to bet real money.
I play here now since 2016 and players with bad hand, but with a lot of luck have won many chips in a game.
But lately I have the feeling that some players can influence the game through cheats, or cracks, or whatever.
Otherwise, I canā€™t explain so much luck that inexperienced games with low cards already go all in before the flop and win with these cards.
And this happens in almost all games, no matter how good the cards of other players are.
If it happens in some games, ok those are lucky hands, but if it happens in almost every game, I doubt that it is coincidence or luck.
I canā€™t explain it any other way, especially when players in low stack (1/2) win 4000 chips and more in the series of games.

1 Like

There are no cheats or cracks.

If you go back and look at the participants in this thread, you will see something most peculiar: There is nobody who regularly plays at higher stakes - say 10k/20K and over - who will even consider that there is a problem with the software. It is even more peculiar than that in that the overwhelming majority of people who complain about the software do not even play regularly at stakes above 100/200.

It seems reasonable to think that the people who play at 10k/20k (and above) have more than the average knowledge of how to play this game, certainly far more knowledge than the players at 100/200 and under.

This has been demonstrated in two threads that I am aware of and perhaps others that havenā€™t come to my attention.

The first thread was started by love2eattacos who, as part of a challenge, played at the low stakes tables and comfortably took everyones lunch!

Yorunoame decided that the level of play at low stakes was so bad that he could develop a simple set of rules that would represent a winning strategy. It turns out that there are a number of very simple strategies that comfortably win over time at the low stakes tables.

Notice that no ā€œcheatsā€ or ā€œtricksā€ were required. Both of these high level players simply applied their knowledge of the game.

What seems more likely:
(a) There is some secret ā€œcheat codeā€ that allows ā€œinexperiencedā€ players to mysteriously win big pots
(b) The general population at the low and very low stakes have little to no idea how to play poker and consequently have occasional big wins with totally ridiculous hands?

I strongly suggest that everyone with an interest in this topic do some reading on random numbers and basic poker theory. That, in itself, will reduce the participants in this thread to zero.

If you are interested in playing ā€œwinningā€ poker then I suggest that, with or without the above study, you adopt one of the many free charts that pretty much tell you exactly how to play all of the combinations of two cards that you can be dealt. That alone will put you in a good position post-flop.

You can and should go further and read the many discussions regarding post-flop play and examine the charts (free) that attempt to tell you the best way to play post-flop under various circumstances.

That is 20 - 40 hours of study that will comfortably take you well beyond playing, and winning!, 1/2 tables. It will also stop further completely unfounded and unreasonable suggestions that Replay is in any way rigged or has ā€œcheatsā€ or ā€œtricksā€.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
TA

3 Likes

how does one play when I canā€™t trust any hands I hit?

Carefully.

3 Likes

Taking player notes with the month and year helps a bit or quite a bit. Usually play free n easy but in real games I fold a large portion- and play suited connectors or gappers often which can create a powerful hand many ways with a dash of deception. Usually push pocket pairs Hard to narrow field. E1 has good and bad days-weeks at the tablesā€¦

1 Like

I do fold a large portion. play suited connector but of course it manages to flop any suit but mine. I do that pocket pairs but still call and I get screwed over.

Soā€¦ I guess you bought those 14.5 million chips? Because clearly you havenā€™t been able to win any of them, right?

lot of those come from winning the contest on here.

AH HA! So youā€™re saying there is a chance!

1 Like

I think that the idea of ā€œgun shyā€ can become one of the main problems.

One has to trust the statistical nature of this game. If we master the process, profit will come over time, but if we deviate from correct process because we have taken some bad beats, we do nothing but guarantee more of the same.

Never let past outcomes dictate your current process, unless your analysis shows that your process is lacking in one way or another.

Instead of saying, ā€œReplay must be rigged,ā€ ask instead, ā€œWhat could I have done better to prevent that outcome?ā€ If the answer you get is, ā€œnothing,ā€ then write it off as a statistical fluke and motor on with your process as if it never happened.

2 Likes

but I canā€™t trust anything. its so why become gun shy. take pockets Kā€™s as one example. I know any Ax gets played and a Ace hits board. if a Ace doesnā€™t come on board, my experience has been they got AA.

so Iā€™ve become gun shy to do anything with pocket kings because of what happens.

its same with anything, that it just becomes to hard to play, because of the experiences I have.

past outcomes just happen over and over that it just becomes like clock work. just like movie groundhog day.

what is so hard understand what I say? I donā€™t make anything up.

I do understand what youā€™re saying, and I donā€™t think you are making things up.

But what are you suggesting?

Did you somehow anger a witch and your bad luck is the result of witchcraft?

Did you anger the site and now they pugged you by writing special code just to piss you off?

Do normal statistical distributions somehow not apply to you?

Or do you just remember the bad beats and forget when it goes your way to the point that it all seems so unfair?

Have you collected any actual data to show evidence one way or the other? I have, and found the distribution of pocket pairs that flopped sets was within .02% of expectation over 1,023 instances. This isnā€™t conclusive proof of anything, but it satisfied me.

Put it to rest by doing the work and collecting some actual data, then present your case and we can take it from there. Otherwise, meh.

3 Likes

if you believe what Iā€™m saying, why do I need collect actual data? I canā€™t explain what the heck is going.

I not just talking about my pocket pairs getting beat. once again for people not understanding, anything I hit gets beat. 3 of a kind, straights, flushes etcā€¦ I can chases straights and flushes till Iā€™m blue in the face and never hit, but soon as I fold one it actually hits

I have tried show proof but gee funny how it gets deleted or Iā€™m told to stop posting by replay.

It rarely goes my way, so yeah I do remember bad beats and suckouts.

all I know is its not fun on here. Iā€™m tired, fed up, frustrated beyond believe.

do I expect win every hand? lets not be silly, of course not.

Then take a break. If itā€™s not fun why do it ? Life is short, enjoy itā€¦

2 Likes

cause I want to play, but it makes it hard too with what I experience on here.

Looking back through the years I do admire the tenacity spent here.

3 Likes

And I do mean mainly by the replay team that keeps the wheels turning 24/7ā€¦

7 Likes

Kings are called Ace magnets even in live games.