The Eclipse 2017!

QUESTION: If the moon was passing in front of the sun during the day on the day side of the earth, what was those on the night side of the earth seeing at the same time?

1 Like

Nothing !

Although, the US had exclusive rights on totality, a partial eclipse was visible across all of North America, reaching beyond the Canadian Arctic; as well as across the north of South America down to Bolivia.

Parts of western Europe were also set to see the Moon take a chunk out of the Sun at the end of the day just before the star dipped below the horizon.

It was just a small bite, but in parts of France and the Canary Islands where clouds were limited - it was no less of a spectacle.

The next total solar eclipse on Earth is on 2 July, 2019, over the South Pacific, Chile, Argentina.

Craig_Anthony : You missed the point.

I’M BLIND!!! HELP ME. I CAN’T SEE. sigh…

2 Likes

What was the point ?

How can something be in two (2) places at the same time?

Oh I thought it was a legitimate question. Didn’t realize it was your attempt at humor.

Craig_Anthony : It was not an attempt at humor, but an attempt to stimulate thinking.
For us to evaluate what has been taught about the rotation of the sun, moon, earth, planets in relation to each other and how those teaching fit with what we were told occurred during the “Solar Eclipse”. Read my original question again. Did not want a debate, just thought.

They had a Sky with no Moon. I cherish those Dark sky nights with Either No or Dark phases of the Moon.

If there were 3 Moons equally separated around the Earth, then every single Evening and even the Morning would Have a View of the Moon.

Gulf_gator : How do you KNOW that “They had a Sky with no Moon”?
In my lifetime I have never seen a night with “no” moon.
There have been nights when the actual moon was not visible.

Gulf_gator : Have you ever seen the moon in the daylight?

1 Like

There are a Myriad of Planetarium programs to explain how the solar system revolves and works. And Of Course I’ve seen the Moon at All Times of the Day and Night during it’s Slow Lunar Month around the Earth.

When the Moon is Full And Bright the detail with a telescope is washed out. You need a Partial phase to see Details-the Shadow of Mountains-etc. I’ve showed Many People the Moon during the Day…

For Florida on the 25th the Moon rises about 6 Am in Morning and sets 12 Hours and 49 min Later. Progressing everyday about 50 minutes later every day.

I drove N to Perryville, MO for the totality…it changed my life…I can see clearly now…

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a good question. Yes, there are answers. Taking a leap here, assuming where this is going, but - no this isn’t evidence of a worldwide conspiracy lasting throughout all history that means the earth is flat. -_-

And yes, I’ve also seen the moon in the daylight hundreds of times. You haven’t?

3 Likes

Why is this still a ‘hot topic’? …

1 Like