The Eclipse 2017!

Had about 93% coverage here in NC! Really neat to see :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

mood music

5 Likes

1Warlock,
Very interesting thoughts about our ancestors, never evn thought about how they would feel about a major event like this. Thank you for that!

2 Likes

Your welcome Marc.

Very cool. Got those official cardboard glasses. Nice orange color, somewhat cloudy but no big deal, kinda dark here and wierd. No sounds from any animals , not even birds. I can see far off that my neighbors all have their blinds and shades closed lol.

2 Likes

Hahahaha, Hahahaha. Awesome !!!

1 Like

Road trip !!! :grin:

1 Like

( I was just thinking , Hahahaha, that’s scary lol ) no one is playing poker. They are either looking at the eclipse, posting here about it or reading here lol :joy:

2 Likes

We relented and drove inland a bit and were surprised to see the sun eerily glowing through the fog and smoke. It was a “happenin’” out along the highway, cars all lined up along the road, people looking at the eclipse through appropriate eye wear, and then taking those off because the filter of the fog and smoke was all that was needed.

A totally cool effect of the eclipse, completely unexpected, is to find out that LkLkJubly (Ronnie) and I are practically neighbors! We might have lived out our lives NEVER knowing this! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Anne Murray version as we say goodbye to the eclipse of 2017

2 Likes

It was a very emotional eclipse in so many ways …

Looking forward to 2045 right here on this thread :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Had 99% in my front yard… and visitors (lost folks) from Indiana to view it with!!! Steady stram of folks avoiding Interstate 65N now flowing on my lil Ky back highway… been a fun day.

4 Likes

My two dogs lay happily under their ‘sail’ shade tarp… quietly & not glimpsing up… like they were just napping. Got pretty dark here too… roosters even crowed about 20 min past peak!

5 Likes

If I was there Fin we could have set up a lemonade stand and made us a bundle with those lost folk from Indiana :grin::+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m in Clemson, SC and was in the path of totality. Animals ran backwards, birds were flying upside down, men and women running, screaming, and pulling their hair out, sheep laying with wolves, dogs and cats mating, the dead rising from their graves-- end of days stuff - then 3 minutes later the world was right again.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’ll have some of what you are having!

2 Likes

Hahahaha, Hahahaha :+1:t2::rofl:

Always like your business ideas CA… really shudda set up for the folks going BACK! 6-10 cars/min till about 4am

2 Likes

Lol :slight_smile: lemonade and sweet tea :+1:t2: Poker in the parlor , Hahahaha

2 Likes

Call me old school but I would have set up a toll-booth :slight_smile:

2 Likes