Utterly Awesome!

Here’s an utterly awesome video I watched this morning, courtesy of my news feed which likes to leave me with a moment of Zen. Got an utterly awesome video? Share it here!

13 Likes

Cool vid, Jan! Reminded me of bat flight at Carlsbad Caverns. Every night, something like a million bats fly out of the cave…

5 Likes

Awesome for whole different reason:
watermelon_owned

4 Likes

I saw that in person. Loved it!

1 Like

Yeah I saw it in person too. Afterwards, I went right out and bought a big Stetson. A fella has to protect his hair, yanno?

2 Likes

Amazing!!

1 Like
4 Likes

I bake bread at home, but this makes me look like a piker!

1 Like

Jan, this lady makes everyone look like a slacker…

2 Likes

I want to be this gifted!

4 Likes
4 Likes

For the citizens of the U.S. who cannot attend a fireworks show today, here you go!

2 Likes

Woke up in time to see this just now! So exciting!
https://wwmt.com/news/local/newly-identified-comet-neowise-is-a-visible-glow-in-the-night-sky![comet|562x310](upload://tPcF0BG02T6RtbCaLHOd0S4NNmK.jpeg)

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

This is almost freakish! Amazing–and yes, utterly awesome. Any chance it’s faked? I’d like to see the video in real time.

2 Likes

There’s always a chance it’s faked. Have you seen the ads (called doodle ads) where they draw a scene really fast? The only software that I know of is called Doodly, and this seems to be beyond its capabilities, but there might be other, more sophisticated apps out there.

There are other ways too. For example, he might project the image, turn the projection off, then draw a little, take a picture of that frame, and do this over and over. Kind of a brute force method, but it could be done. He might even be using some sort of white paint pen to “erase” the image a little at a time, then play the recording backwards. I’m sure there are other ways to fake it too.

Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool, glad you liked it!

1 Like
3 Likes

Really cool Jan, any chance that it’s faked?

1 Like

I asked Snopes. Snopes said nope.

1 Like