Tables for Bingo Players

So true. On an ideal table players can take turns with good hands calling the all-in Bingo Boy. If it’s a herd just take time, it will play out eventually and like you say the table will be well funded.

1 Like

Well put and I couldn’t agree more :grin:

1 Like

well one way to avoid bingo player is go play higher limit! at my limit the 40 million plus table, we actually want bingo players LOL. And once in a while like once every 4 or 8 month we do get a crazy bingo player who shove all in every hand. The bingo player gets everyone excited because we all double or triple up.

Here is what you do against bingo player.

If you have a lot of chips and you can aford it just call the bingo player with any ACE!
if you are tight on chips just call down the bingo player with any pocket pair!

SIMPLE AS THAT LOL.

I personally love bingo player, and as a matter of fact i want to play bingo player everyday all day long. Then I can accomplish my dream of 1 trillion chips in like 2 month LOL!

3 Likes

Players have a right to play anyway they want. It use to bother me , but I realized that playing against bingo players makes me a better player. All you have to do is fold. I’ve won more chips from bingo players than all others. I find that most bingo players can’t play anyway and do not have the patience for the game. They will play bad hands. And I know if I get a pair of aces and a bingo player is at the table all I have to do is go all in, they can’t resist most time with anything they have.
If I’ve a pair of aces or kings I will go all in because it’s easier to beat a couple of players than a table full; I don’t want a guy with an 8 6 hitting a straight, flush, or set on me. You simply have to know when to hold them and fold them. Besides, eventually, bingo players always bust out.

2 Likes

This is to -Lyleangel -
What exactly is your “style” of poker, and what exactly makes it more “supreme” than any other form or way of playing? Just curious.

What’s your opinion of a “good hand”? I had a player crab at me because he had an A & Q off suite for hole cards and I won with 6 & 8 suited hole cards. Which by the way would have stomped your pp in the dirt too. lol Just saying, I was called a fish and a bingo player. It’s all in the cards. The “style” you are labeling people with has nothing to do with win or lose, or very little anyways, it is more on betting techniques and timing. Very hard for ANY style to be productive on a freeplay site where people go “all-in” constantly, or over bet on a nothing hand and get lucky enough to win, constantly.
If you cannot hang with a multi-styled poker player, maybe it is you who is lacking skills. Food for thought.

1 Like

From what I have seen, the biggest culprits of “pre-flop” ejaculation comes from your pocket pair croannies that think I should heave way to their pair or face cards and fold my 6 & 8 every time . I’ll take a 6 and 8 over them any day.

Asking for donations to keep the bingo players here isn’t the answer.I’m happy to pay for an annual membership but I want poker players rather than nutjobs throwing chips in pre-flop.Usually with nothing that replay makes sure they win with ensuring they keep doing it.

You want cash then provide the service that people will pay for.I certainly will not pay to keep tables going for the clowns.

Are you saying pros don’t raise preflop???

2 Likes

Wait, what…?

2 Likes

haha lol, fully agreed.
it’s usually the bad players that DON’T raise (or fold) preflop.

but assuming most players here are referring to the bingo plays, why not just beat them and take their chips? you use the chips and play higher stakes where bingo players aren’t playing anymore. nothing easier then beating a bingo player :slight_smile:

and if you can’t beat the bingo players then it’s probably a much better idea to read some basic strategy articles instead of trying to get to the better players

3 Likes

Don’t forget variance plays a role though. The times some bingo player beat me with a cooler, man… I won’t try to count it :expressionless:

Bingo play is not limited to the lower/better (a higher ranking number) players. I have seen more Bingo players with better rankings playing in the exact same “All-in every hand pre-flop” approach. To suggest that raising your ranking and playing with others of a similar rank will provide non-bingo play is a fairy-tale, particularly when it comes to free rolls, where the “good” bingo players seem to out number the “bad” bingo players by an order of at least five.

haha fair enough,
lets just say every bad beat they deal you, will make you get twice as much back next times :wink:

i agree they might appear in a wide range. have to say i rarely see em at teh elite stakes but i understand that playing there might be a bit too optimistic. but i meant to say that even though you might not get rid om em for a while, you do get lesser of them.

if you take this line literally then yes i agree. otherwise have to disagree on this one.
when getting higher (even the highest stakes) might always get that rare situation where someone just likes to get crazy and see what happens, just like you occasionally might find a very skilled player in the lowest stakes. but generaly this i not the case and you will keep getting more people at your table with at least some skill and less people with a “i don’t care” attitude.

in freerolls you will get a lot of them just because it’s a freeroll. some people might be clueles and just try out stuff. some might just not care because there isn’t anything to lose. and some also dont care much so they either want to get a big stack early on or just move on without wasting time.

also please define what you mean by a good bingo player? imo a bingo player is never a good bingo player because if they were they aren’t playing bingo in the first place. bingo just means shoving anything (or at least a lot) without a good strategy, sometimes with no reason at all, or thinking “you don’t know whats coming anyway”, or simply just not caring

1 Like

If bingo players have to stand up to play, it’s no wonder they are in such a hurry to get games over with. Maybe we should stop talking about getting them more tables and maybe consider getting them some chairs.

2 Likes

That’s the problem : I don’t get as much back haha!

A “good” player can’t be identified by any measure provided by RP, BECAUSE this is a free site. It doesn’t matter if you buy chips, they still have no inherent value and therefore the possession of such, in any quantity, does not provide an accurate assessment of someone’s play. In addition, a player’s rankings in no way provides a clear picture of who the better players are, again because you can influence your ranking by having more chips, even if you have bought them.

So what is a “good” player? Ask me when we are playing for cash, either in a tourney or a ring game. I would like to add that there are NO great players here on RP that come from countries where you can play online for cash, which you can’t do in the U.S. (with one exception). If they were that “good” they wouldn’t be playing on RP, but rather on, say Pokerstars, and making REAL money. In fact, if you are “good” enough, you don’t even need a bankroll to get started. Last I checked there were still freerolls on pay sites and after the first five minutes you see almost NO bingo players, let alone at tables where you can rebuy every hand till the first break.

Personally I know who some of the “good” players are by looking at my notes, the few I keep, since this is free site and there is little motivation to do so. And of course I haven’t played against everyone here on RP. Chances are if you have a mental list of players you don’t like to play against they are better than you are, and if you have a list of players you want at your table, you are probably “better” than they are. So someone tell me, what is a “Good” player here on RP.

The difference between free poker and real money poker is the stakes, not the poker.

It’s about making the right adjustments to suit the environment. Good players understand what adjustments to make, make them, and prosper in any environment.

The world is full of people who are good at one thing or another, but don’t so what they do for money. The idea that anyone who does something they love without getting paid can’t be good at it is absurd. Maybe this would be true if everyone was simply motivated by the accumulation of material goods, but a growing number of people reject this idea, and with good reason.

3 Likes

“The idea that anyone who does SOMETHING they love without getting paid can’t be good at it is absurd.”

Rarely are universal statements are true. Poker is not “something”, say like fishing, painting, or playing baseball. You can make money doing any of them, if you are good enough. Poker on the other hand has a completely different motivation for being played and if you aren’t playing to “profit” you aren’t playing poker.

That was pretty general, so I guess you’re right.

Poker is something. You seem to be saying that there is a universal motivation for pokering… profit. I guess it depends how one defines “profit.” Since there is no real profit on a free poker site, there is no motivation to play, so nobody would play. Since people do play here, there must be another motivation.

Your motivation argument is thus neatly debunked.

2 Likes