Tables for Bingo Players

1K/2K full ring - hand after hand of preflop all-ins with any 2 cards. You can use this hand as a starting point though I think it started before this one. I don’t know how long it lasted because I stopped watching after a dozen or so. https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/476332756

I’ve seen the same thing at much higher stakes. Biggest cold-shove I’ve ever seen was over 2000BB. I think the player had AJo or something like that. Perhaps this site should install a slot-machine lobby so people can gamble it up in a game more suited to that type of behavior?

Actual experience (at another site) shows that slot machine-type games wouldn’t satisfy that need unless we could claim that being a “lucky bast, uh, beggar” was really a measure of skill. Illusions count.

1 Like

LOL, well said. I may need another break from here. Recreation is supposed to be fun. If I wanted to be around a table of people praying for something good to happen to them, I’d go to church. Honestly, there is nothing less enjoyable than being on a table of stations, no matter the result. Say I got great cards and took everyone’s chips - so what? What skill did that require?

I miss playing poker - I may have to do some chores around the house so my wife will let me play for real again. Maybe I can bribe her with some jewelry? :slight_smile:

Yeah - can’t take this place anymore. I could teach a hamster to play these games if I could stop them from eating the cards. Limp-call any raise, be dominated and somehow hit your 2-outer to win. Who wouldn’t enjoy that? LOL. I can’t blame most of the players though - they have zero idea what they’re doing so when the deck smashes them in the face, they think they’re playing well. Illusions indeed.

For reference - limp/call out of position with a hand that is most often dominated and pray. This hand may have been a good open and a likely fold to a 3-bet if out of position in a real game. Not here - “Suited Broadway pretty. Me like pretty.” Most people here have no clue what they are doing or why. If they catch cards, they’re geniuses. If they don’t, then who cares? I committed chip-suicide with the shove just to get me off the game. Too many stations for it to be even a little enjoyable. https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/476392101

Tell your wife you will either play poker for money or follow her around the house talking about the finer points of curling. Then buy her a new broom. She will quickly relent and let you do what you want.

2 Likes

If I bought her a new broom, I’d be in the hospital an hour later trying to explain how I got splinters way the heck up there :slight_smile:

Don’t mind me - I’m just grumpy because I actually enjoy playing poker. I don’t enjoy Keno. If people are so hot to limp all the time, I can think of a few ways to accommodate them that I may actually enjoy :wink:

2 Likes

I would suggest you show her who is the boss, but it seems she already knows!

(haha)

1 Like

Maybe you could explain the ways things are supposed to work to her? I’d pay good money to hear that conversation.

Sigh - the torture continues. I’m walking away with a game and then run into 3 horrible beats in short order. I know this guy is limping any ace and only raising AQ+. So, I know I can isolate him all-in with any big ace. I get him with AK vs A2o and then with AQ to A7s and he wins both. Then I raise with KQo on the BTN, get flatted by the SB so I know he has an ace and he flops one. I go from having 5x the average stack and in 1st place to 15th of 25 left. LOL - if I see one more person type “NH” when someone catches a card to suck-out, I think I’ll lose it. 232 runners and to go that far just to have silly beats is painful. The saddest part of it all is that the guy had no idea how bad he was getting his chips in. “I haz an A” is the entire thought process. Its the cousin of “I haz pair” and “I haz suited”.

Hmm, maybe I should try the ring games again? In tournaments, the bad beats matter but in ring games not so much. Play enough hands with stations and they cannot run well enough to win. On the other hand, getting more chips for the sake of having them doesn’t interest me. I like winning games, not just amassing chips.

1 Like

I agree with you, Comicguy, it’s so upsetting when some arse give’s soneone the NH when they suck you out, last one for me is when my ak got sucked out by aq, on the river, OF COURSE, after the all-in preflop, and that one is really a LOT less disgusting as the usual suckout, at least aq was a good starting hand…but when you hit your cowboys on the flop…all-in…get rivered by 2 6. it REALLY digusting :relaxed:

1 Like

Actually I have found many Bingo players share the fact they are RRP 45+,
been on here several years and have less than 3K in the bank. They are true bank builders one-on-one.

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/472218806

So I was at this table with a bingo player. tennis. He would open shove like 80% of hands pre. And he wasn’t this one off shover. Judging by stack sizes I’d say he had gambled away more than 50 buyins. Now the effect of this was that everyone really opened up their ranges. You would think they would only open up against him but you would be wrong. Everyone opened up against everyone. The hand in question was played with exploiting this in mind.

I left the table shortly after as my stack hand grown to more than 1/4 of my bankroll and I started feeling scared. Felt like a shame to leave this ridiculously soft table though. Please rate that decision too. Maybe I should have just started tightening up to reduce variance instead? Like literally fold everything except AA and maybe KK. Or maybe try to play only with tennis?

1 Like

Off hand, I’d say you did that very well indeed. And, escaping WITH the chips is commendable. Once you’ve gotten those chips, the challenge becomes “how to hold on to them.” Your solution was the best one. Good job!

2 Likes

LOL - so that’s how you get a 2900BB+ pot. Insane play and it would be hard for me to leave a table like this. On the other hand, banking a huge win isn’t a bad idea. If the whole table is opening up, the variance is going to shoot through the roof. Look for that player in the future and pick a seat with position on him. Feel good about such a huge gain in your bankroll.

And for what its worth, if you think that table was loose, try playing some of the 20K MTT’s. Just started playing them because I like 6-max but the level of play is way below the 15K regionals. I mean way below. 6-max is usually where you get to play some cards but holy batcrap Batman, its pure bingo-spew. Will look for another game because these seem to be terrible any time of day for some reason. Less actual poker going on than in some of the 2.5K games I’ve tried.

1 Like

Just for the heck of it I went to the following hand and he had auto topped with 25k and shoved again with 75o.
I might go try to find him later to get a handout too :grin:

1 Like

It’s like a fluorescent bulb. Run some electricity through it, the vapor inside gets excited, and it starts to glow.

But yeah, I’ve seen tennis as high as the 500/1000 ring tables before. One of the few people I’ve given the ATM seal of approval in my notes. If you play with the mindset that a minimum table buy-in is “1BB”, it’s not so bad. That said, it gets old. Once I’m up a few buy-ins, I rat hole my winnings.

Good to know, I had considered moving up to that Gemstone level. I’ve even noticed my 500/1000 ring games starting to be encroached upon by people playing their entire bankroll. (Distinguished by the 6-digit rank with 0 chips in bank but starts play with an odd number of chips around 60K.)

But hey, I’m profiting so… “Waiter! More donks, please!”

1 Like

Where are you going to spend all that virtual money? LOL

Is it even a little entertaining for you to see who can catch the best cards? I’m not particularly thrilled today because I keep getting it in way to the good and people are hitting their gin cards on the river. Big deal. There is zero skill involved in being hit in the face by the deck. I guess its fun for some people but its just boring as all get out to me. I honestly don’t mind losing if I was outplayed. That’s fun and I can take something from it. Being outdrawn or outdrawing someone else is a big zero in my world - meaningless on every level.

I was actually thinking of playing a ring game just to see if I can find someone that likes to play and fight for pots. If not, I think its time I go back to my cash games. Poker has to be entertaining or profitable or both. I’m getting neither lately here.

I mean look at this hand: Hand #472344052 - Replay Poker - A9o flat-calls a 3-bet after an UTG open. Not poker. Not close.

1 Like

Heh, I get your point. It’s not like an MMORPG where I can spend PixelBux™ to buy shiny min/max pixels to go fight ugly pixels because they are a danger to other pixels and their pixel kingdom. But it does move me up the ladder… into games with slightly better play.

Speaking of MMOs… we had a term for unbalanced, overpowered builds: “keyboard faceroll”. Basically, you could roll your face on the keyboard and win the game. Took absolutely no skill. Remind you of anyone?

1 Like

But Tennis is a Champion RRP 50 and has over 749 chips in the bank, how can that be ?

Some people get tired of playing and “dump” all their chips in a day or two. I’ve seen good players do it with more than a million chips.
No biggie. Its not like the chips are worth anything.

Better yet, do not allow players with ranking above 1 million to play
in SOME, but not all games. With a high ranking there is no incentive to
maintain your chip count. If you blow it all you can get more a few minutes later.
Granted one should adapt to all types of play, but these players
for the most part, would not play this way in a real money game

1 Like

You want a certain number of donkeys on your table. They provide you with all your profits in the long term. The problem is when they roam in herds and comprise of more than half the table. At that point, it becomes more a matter of luck than skill. The ideal table has just enough of them on it for the people who play poker to pick apart.

No donkeys = no profits
Too many donkeys = too much variance

3 Likes