New To Poker

Hey there community im new to poker and have been learning all the terminology and trying to understand pre and post flop ranges any help on where to start good books or just any resources for a complete noob would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Welcome ParlayNick
When I started playing I got most of my tips from YouTube and it’s free :slight_smile: Daniel Negreanu has some good beginners tips, I found him the best at explaining the why’s where’s and hows about the various games
Good Luck
Mark

7 Likes

Welcome to the site. The forums here are full of helpful folks, as swamptrash said above, watching a few games on Youtube is a start, just keep in mind that those are mainly high stakes tournaments with huge blinds and pots. Adjust your game type filters in the Lobby to suit your preference, if you’re new to poker itself, No-Limit Hold’em is the starting step, and the most commonly played type of game. Unselect all other game types to avoid cluttering the Lobby pages, log in daily to collect your Daily Bonus chips, they build up pretty quickly. And look at some entry-level Low Stakes Ring games to get started.

All the best.

4 Likes

Hi @ParlayNick , Welcome to Replay, you came to the right place to get all the assistance you can here on the forum. Just a couple of suggestions for you, play as many freerolls as possible and concentrate on building your bankroll more than anything. The faster you learn the game the quicker the bankroll will grow. There are many online poker teaching sites as well you can search for.

GL at the tables and always have fun !!!

3 Likes

I was going to suggest Freerolls myself, but we all know how the Bingo fan club love those. It might send out the wrong message to new members.

4 Likes

It a possibility but if concentrating on building bankroll as a priority, I believe new players will quickly learn when to fold or hold um. Plus they will play them almost anywhere sooner or later here. The sooner they learn how to play against the bingo players, the quicker also their bankroll will grow.

1 Like

agreed ive learned positiion matters to see what your opponents are gonna do and what hand have a high odds chance to win i cant seem to figure out how to read my opponents range off their bet sizing and board cards

1 Like

thanks man

2 Likes

You will, have patience, discipline and faith

1 Like

Hello ParlayNick, This is a great site to follow & learn. Takes quite a while to pick up all the little moves that work out. Good luck at the tables.
wifni

1 Like

thanks for the good word hope to see you out there

1 Like

working on it brother

Play all the free tournaments you can-do not pay attention to bingo players (ppl. going all in all the time) BUT watch ppl. with higher ranks (under 10,000) as they usually do not play bingo----also, just have fun and PATIENCE is very important, good luck…

3 Likes

Its all good advice you got! You can also when you are littel more seasond join a team and play league games,it will help you to be a better player! You can easy look at your played hands and think what i should done better or what you did good! Good luck!!

2 Likes

Very welcome. Looking forward to seeing you at the tables.
Wifni

Read everything you can get your hands on. Google is your best friend.

Best of luck

1 Like

This is for real poker, but even on Replay you can apply these suggestions to build a practice of how you should play poker. However, you are going to have to adjust your game to how your opponents play on Replay as well. Limping on this site is sometimes necessary, but don’t apply how you play here to real poker as you’ll get curb stomped.

1 Like

Welcome ParlayNick,
One thing to know is that playing at the ring or in tournaments are like two different animals, there’s a big difference playing one hand at a time over playing for a couple hours or so to win some chips.

Personally, I prefer tourney’s, one way to try to increase your bankroll is playing in a certain league, perhaps Ruby in the gemstone league where the buy-in is 2.5k, and there are weekly prizes for the top 30 players for 1st 7 and best 7 T’s. Whichever league you may like, I’d say concentrate on playing in that league so you can hopefully win some free chips.

The more experience you can get, the better you’ll be, I’ve played close to 250k hands here and am certainly still learning.
Good luck at the tables.

1 Like

Sit n Go’s are a good way to pick up some chips without grinding it out for hours in tournaments only to miss the payout structure.

2 Likes

Sit n Go’s do seem like a good way to go, but it seems least for me when I look at those most of the time you’re gonna wait quite awhile for it to start, guess you gotta catch it at the right time.

1 Like