New To Poker

True words. my approach is register for a few then when a table is almost full , unregister from the other ones or if your a multi tasker , play a few. I can’t do it but a lot can play multiple SNGS.

1 Like

Good idea registering for a few, then drop the ones that aren’t filling much. I’m not a multi-tasker either, I’ve tried two at once a few times, but it just seems it gets me to play far worse in both, so I quit doing that.

3 Likes

Same here been there done that, hope there’s a promo soon in the sng’s MTT’s to fill the tables quicker

1 Like

I recommend checking out Doug Polk’s YouTube channel. His breakdown of the key hands from Rounders initially introduced me to the world of poker strategy and theory.

Welcome, and good luck on the tables!

1 Like

I’m new to here too, buddy! :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Glad to have you & welcome to the Replay Community Forum. Lot of great ideas to improve your bankroll, game and enjoyment right here !! GL at the tables

Agree! There is a lot on YT that are educational and at the same time entertaining. You can learn passively in the background - on the side with lots of vids. Some you should focus on to learn.

Dnegs has some good streams to listen to, but there I wouldnt suggest as the best. blackrain & JohnLittle are good. heaps of other free stuff including basic pre flop starting hand charts.

Learning basic poker terminology is very important too and will help a lot!

Agree. I’ve found that most videos on Youtube are players giving advice which is really more beneficial to people that are more seasoned players than those asking for beginning advice. I like Jonathan Little as well, but I think Blackrain’s advice is better for smaller stakes which is more appropriate for beginning players. Each of them offer good advice. However, application is the most important thing you can do with what they say. Blackrain’s 6Max and Full Ring hand charts are a great place to start. Just remember, you need to use the charts, only, as a starting point.

Agree! Blackrain advocates for very simplistic advice & strategies. Value bet and never slow play. Slow playing appropriately is good, but mostly unnecessary against bad calling station RP players.

I would advise NEVER bluff in low/med stakes and maybe even in most high stakes games for a new learning player.

I would advocate for working on value betting FIRST and later learn how to work in some bluffs occasionally.

I agree 100% with this, especially on a free site. For real money, bluffing in the right places has to be part of a good poker player’s strategy. But, use bluffs infrequently, and remember that it needs to be believable.

2 Likes

@pokerfaceash is a good vlogger who often plays low states cash and low buy-in tournaments. She does a very good job of explaining why she is acting on every hand.

1 Like

I watch videos on YT, good way to understand poker

1 Like

I have been playing here since some time.
But I today discovered the “tournament”.
It happened as I received a message that I have now $100k chips for a tournament play.
Wow, thanks.

This is a great site, i discover every day new options…

1 Like

I’m learning more by playing against AI players. They have software for that.

Just remember-look at the expiration date-the 100k free tickets expire VERY fast, other tickets are good for a couple of years and good luck :).