Multiple Games

Playing more than one game at the same time is an exciting change-up which I only indulge in occasionally. I am amused when I’m dealt the same (or almost the same) hole cards simultaneously at both tables from time to time, as in this screen shot.

What’s your experience of playing more than one game at a time? Does it break your brain, as it does mine some times? Can you play two different types of poker at the same time? Do you have strategies that help you succeed when you’re splitting your attention between tables?

3 Likes

I can play several games at the same time but think its not fun and i feel i cant get the credit to the others on the table so i do one table!

2 Likes

Playing multiple games is fine with me, but often times I only feel in the mood for MTTs and usually there is only one in my buyin range that I feel like playing so then I only play one. But if I am playing ring I usually ply 2-4 games, (a couple of times I tried six although that is hard to handle).

1 Like

Jeez WATCHOUT8 - I have trouble playing 1 - lol

1 Like

I said I usually played 2-4 a week but that doesn’t mean I play well lol

If You play any of the 4 Regional League games You are multi-tabling often if a fair player. I used to play 3-4 games of different forms of poker at same time… Royal to Hi-lo- etc.etc. Actually been a while but did teach Me the true value of Folding iffy cards.

2 Likes

To play multiple ring games at the same time is oh so different from playing multiple tournament games at the same time. The difference is in the levels of complexity. We must face the facts that playing ring games is no where near as complex as the complexity of playing a tournament. Playing three, or four games of ring are simply easier than playing just two games of tournament play. The reason for this is that ring game play can be like playing checkers while playing tournaments with all their stages of play, beginning, middle, end games and closing down the game requires more intellect. As many know there is now a new league, Higher Nooners, that you can join to play two games in tournament play at the same time. The games start at the same time and after that everything else about the play is quite different. Remember, there are no stages in a ring game, but when you play two games in tournaments, in one tournament you may be in the middle game but your other game could find you playing an endgame strategy. Go to the High Nooners and give it a try. Go to: https://www.replaypoker.com/leagues/49

3 Likes

I cant play 1 game as i get bored :slight_smile: I am female so multitask xxx I see no difference in ring or MTT you focus the same MTT you focus on who is at your table . I often play hi lo ring texas MTT and thrown in a random royal or Omaha - Am lucky as have 3 screen. Is it smart hell no does it keep my brain in tact after 7 mths of total lockdown - hell yeah . I never play 1 MTT by playing 2 keeps me sharper as if not will but up and down like a yo yo doing no poker stuff - hmmm i prob should do more of that. The only time I play 1 game is the RTC but I am then cheering my other team mates on at the other 2 tables. I guess its like Cadburys Cream Egg - How do you eat yours? OMG 12 weeks no carbs guess what I want now :slight_smile:
egg

7 Likes

hi nooners best league on replay - why its the people league run by people who get it but most important lovely people - come join xxx

3 Likes

My tables start to freeze up if I play 4 or more tables, and as I result I typically limit myself to 3 these days. I used to normally play 5 or 6, with 8 being my cap. Playing multiple tables 9 handed is easier than 6 max or less, as you don’t need to act as often. For that reason, when playing 8, I would only do that on full ring, and limited myself to 6 tables at once with 6 max. In both cases, as I neared my limit, I would tighten my opening ranges, as that also meant fewer hands played per table, and made playing more tables easier.

I know some YouTubers of the past used to play as many as 20 tables at once (real cash games). That would be quite a dance.

2 Likes

@Yorunoame We can’t wait until you come bye and play our twin MTTs. We happen to have a game that starts in an hour and a half. Wait until you see @Tiggyxxx play these monster games. I am sure you will have fun and I look forward to what your thoughts are.

When are your games during the week? I play a lot of tournaments

2 Likes

We are brand new and this coming week we will discuss how to make the next smartest move for binging this new form to Replay Poker. By Thursday we will have made changes or added days and times.

1 Like

I am waiting for you WATCHOUT8 - lets party

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: HIGH NOONERs