Playing in more than one game at a time

I dont like it and feel it is the one flaw in REPLAY poker. No matter how skilled you think you are, you inevitably slow down both of the games you are competing in. Playing in more than one game at a time should not be allowed

2 Likes

how do you play two games at a time???

Regional leagues have MTT Tourneys spaced just over hour apart and it helps 2 Multi-table when needed.

1 Like

There are too many factors involved to just come out and say itā€™s slow play because players are playing multiple games. How many times in over 6 years did I apologize and other players in the chat for slow play because of lag times caused by the internet connection. The clock is the clock. When your times up itā€™s up and then your out of the hand. Please take into factor different internet speeds. I personally donā€™t play multiple tables at once, donā€™t know if I couldā€¦have fun and enjoy. Donā€™t sweat the small stuff.

4 Likes

Waiting down the clock can be a strategy, too, in order to get to the larger blinds with less play. This saves on your stack.

For the longest time, I didnā€™t understand why some players were . always . so . slow. Then, a friend explained this strategy. Thereā€™s always something new to be learned when playing online vs. in person! :smile:

2 Likes

To make it clear, slow play is a legitimate strategy under some situations, My mild complaint is selfish folks who are playing in multiple games at the same time and slow down all of the games

3 Likes

If I am playing for points for a leaderboard MTT then i will slow play if i need to if I am short stacked and hope others go out before meā€¦ But for ring game points promo I can play 5 tables without slowing a game down. But for MTT then 3 max. I like to push myself once played royal, texas, hi lo and Omaha thought it would be funā€¦ I shake my own head at that one.

But I never slow a game down if I am playing multiple tables - unless I am doing for a strategic reason

Agree a clock / timer is there but unless there is a reason behind it (strategic) then its more like attention - I do often see players in ring games doing it for a reaction (so they get a zzzzzz) and they are only playing one table

Yes I can play many tables as I have the computer / screens to do so and I have always said this I do think that this is NOT fair in certain promotions to othersā€¦ For a promotion when its ring game points, the max tables that count at any one time should be 3. I can table up to 10 for a promo. Well at least I am honest :blush:

Tiggs xx

3 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ Oldbru have You ever tried playing 2 games at once? Truly no problem at all. I used to play a tiny game to the side when in a High caliber game. Keeps My betting demon satisfied with no ill effect to big game. A few players want the button to hit them just before it is to be raised for all others in Sng-Tourney playā€¦ Game within a gameā€¦ I agree Tiggy I have tried the variety pack of Games several times and have given it upā€¦lol ā€¦ Good-Fun 2 e1ā€¦ Later, Gator

2 Likes

We want players to be able to enjoy playing at more than one table if they wish to, so we donā€™t plan to change this. If youā€™re looking for a game with a faster pace, look for tables or tournaments that have a white lightning bolt ā€“

7 Likes

If your playing on a windows computer you can make split screens . I can get 4 on one screen.

1 Like

I think its not bad to play multi tabels,do that sometimes but for me its more fun too focus on one game! Think evryone have the right to do what they want and its good that Replay has the choice for evryone and slow play,fast play its part of the beautiful game!!!

1 Like

Agree but itā€™s not for me. I have a hard time chewing gum and walking at the same time lol :joy:

1 Like

I donā€™t think I play any slower per table playing 3 tables than 1. Iā€™m not even sure I follow why that would make me play slower at each table. Playing 8 or more, you might get 3 or 4 tables with a hard decision at the same time on rare occasionsā€¦ but I remember watching one pro who played 20 at a time and was always lightening fast on every table.

2 Likes

Sometimes, players just leave the table. I find this happens most on 3-player tables (Sit-N-Go). They have either left for a tournament, or, it seems sometimes, wanting to play a quick ā€˜all-inā€™ game, than waiting. That can be a bit off-putting, and is why I donā€™t play the higher stakes tables. I donā€™t want to yawn around to keep clicking, and itā€™s bad form.

If this is your beef, I hear you. Thing is, the only choice is to relax, and let that go. Thereā€™s so much more in life that we can get up-in-arms about.

Hope that was helpful. xx :slight_smile:

2 Likes

some times players got locked out of replay and have no choice but to leave replay and log back inā€¦ if winning worth itā€¦but if low on chips ā€¦ this could take 10 min or moreā€¦ so just give upā€¦

3 Likes

I can play two tables at one time without slowing the normal flow. Maybe in an hour I will need to pause (and take more time) once or twice. ā€¦less than the average person does playing one table. Also, I often play on the Tables with 9 players and I often find that too slow for me.
Kunda

1 Like

A good answer that I think is specific to oldbruā€™s comment. However, I imagine as others have said here that it is possible to play more than one game at a time without slowing down the tables involved. But, to those who do slow down all the tables that they are playing and think itā€™s okay - itā€™s not. I almost always have a alternate game going on my phone when this happens so I donā€™t get irritated and have also, seen that it tends to make others at the table focus on other things as well and that can lead to a very slow table indeed.

2 Likes

I tried to play 2 today becuse my favorite started amd i am not good in thatamd i slow down the things so i will keep to play one in time,works for me and i want to see and read and endorse players and i want to win :slight_smile: works for me! i dont mind if players takes their time,better to think or a fast descion! Be magic!!

2 Likes

Slow play ? Players just trying to manipulate the RNG plain and simple !

Hi @Alleycatt,

You do know that the ā€œRā€ in ā€œRNGā€ stands for ā€œrandomā€ right? If it could be ā€œmanipulatedā€ it would be a ā€œPNGā€ (Predictable Number Generator).

Regards,
TA