Mindset Losing Streaks

Has been a real roller coaster ride since joining Replay 4 months ago. Started well and got to 900k in no time then stupidly played 1 hand in a big Ring game and lost 500k. Ended up back to zero within a week. Then I had a six week period where i played some good poker , recieved a good share of pockets and enjoyed a little luck and got up to 20 Million.Since then I,ve played poorly at times but have also enjured some amazing bad luck-particularly on the river. Opponents needs a card for 3 of a kind,flush,full house and on one ocassion quads they hit it. I didn’t count the number of ocassions but it was a mind blowing number. As part of my run of bad luck I lost 6 consecutive all in hands with KK(none against AA]. 3 of these were in Rings and expensive. I’ve fluctuated between 18 and 28 million over the last 2 months and currently have around 22 Million. I tried playing lower entry tourneys, tried to be more or less aggresive etc etc but similiar results. The problem with long runs of bad luck is it can sap your confidence and get you into a negative frame of mind. In the end I think you have to trust your game and think positively. Most importantly keep your emotions under control{ still a work in progress}. My current ploy is to try and laugh it off and remind myself that most of the time I’m putting my chips in when I’m in front. Yes there is, and there will always be variance. And yes, over a prolonged period{ hundreds of thousands of hands it will even up} but you also have to remember it’
s when you get lucky/unlucky that counts- is it in tiny or monster tournies etc-that’s what many of the experts fail to mention.

Keep improving your game. If you are growing as a player, your “streak” will break itself. Be patient. Good luck!

3 Likes

Have patience and play the player and you should be ok and remember IF you lose, its only chips and not money:) so just have fun…

2 Likes

Patience. Discipline & Faith & you’ll do fine

2 Likes