Increase Late Registration

The following is not directed at any particular individual…

To me, arguing for the abolition of late reg is no different than saying, “I don’t like broccoli, so broccoli should be outlawed.”

SPG
Tank Gunner, E trp, 2/3 Armored Cavalry

2 Likes

That’s bout as stupid a thing I have ever heard “object to late registration the weaker Players” what proof do you have county29.

1 Like

what does the size of the field have to do with weak or skilled players? so if we have a field of the top 30 poker players and have a field of 80 armatures, the field of 80 is more skilled then the field of the 30 of the top pros?

I don’t have a problem playing with a larger field. problem I have is players joining late. I just believe on time you play. soon as tourney starts then that is that. nobody else should be allowed to join in.

1 Like

No matter how much debate is in this thread late registration is never going to change.

Although it’s nice to see different opinions and who has thick skin or not.

It’s not something that should put anyone on Tilt.

Have a nice day…

1 Like

Always enjoy the topic of late registration. :slight_smile:

Chasetheriver keeps an eye on these discussions, but one thing I can say for sure is that we have no plans to remove it entirely. Late registration is significantly important to the health of our poker room. Quick stat for you – 51% of MTT entries in January so far were via late registration. It’s important that we continue to offer options that a sizeable amount of players are regularly utilizing.

5 Likes

As I see it, the problem with increasing the late reg period is how to determine the point that it becomes unfair to the other players.

At some point, it does become unfair. Let’s say you allow late reg until the tournament ends. If the top 10 win chips, you can’t allow people to register when the field gets down to 9 or less, because this would mean you automatically make the money without playing at all. Unless, of course, other people do the same, which they would. Hahaha

Extending the late reg period too far quickly becomes unworkable.

As a Rhode Island Schooner, or whatever that nice fella said I was, I think things are fine the way they are. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, that made me laugh :joy: even when I didn’t want to :wink:

2 Likes

I generally stick to freerolls. The only registration period that I consider is the one between the stud games and the next game – that is the only one that overlaps. Stud break starts as the registration for the next one ends.