I know what "nh" means but

How can a compliment be genuine when it’s not delivered in the form of an acronym?

I like NC for nice catch when someone rivers a hand.

2 Likes

That’s what I use.

1 Like

I usually say, WD.

This means “well donked,” but people assume it means, “well done.”

Just ask Penn & Teller, its on thier trophy … FU = Fool Us

In response to what Sassy_Sarah was saying earlier. When someone says nh to every hand, to me it becomes watered down or weak. nh to me is when you pick up a straight or flush or better using both of your hole cards. When someone has a pair even if they’re Aces I will not respond. if I go head to head with someone and they have the same cards (different suits of course) and we split the pot, I may comment with “nh lol” if someone has 3 of a kind I usually say nice set. If they have 3 Aces and Win I might say Strong cards or strong set. I think people become lazy with their comments because nh is easy to type or else they may think a pair of Aces is a nice hand. Personally even with AA in the hole I won’t bet I will call. It may be the highest pair but, it’s only a pair. Aces are highly over rated and high cards don’t always win. I’ve had AA and often been beaten by 22 33 or basically a higher ranking hand. THAT (2233 2 pair) would be a better hand but I would comment “n1” or “g1” for nice one or good one. For whatever my opinion is worth… there it is…something to chew on, to contemplate “food for thought.”

I replied but it appeared below your next comment about Penn & Tellers’ trophy. it could mean many things but depending on what other comments that same player made prior to that one. It could mean "First! Unbelievable! If typed in upper case. finally ultimate, funny unbelievable, fortunately ughh, figures unreal, I suppose I’m kidding myself if it’s anything other than what Craig_Anthony just stated quite well.

1 Like

Ace,
Of course it means what we all think it means… I was just be’n sassy…

I figured as much, just feigning naivette. Like i could get away with that.

Daquiri’s on the house for Sarah for being her Sassy self. Would you care for a bowl of guacamole to go with all your chips? You are a good poker player, a lot of fun, smart and formidable. That is the truth, I will not deny.

It’s a nasty thing to say to someone regardless of all else considered. Like Craig mentioned or to the same effect, it is the foul mouth of a sore loser. They say there is nothing worse. I don’t know about that, but I agree it is not good sportsmanship, especially considering you get free chips, it’s a free site and there are many truly wonderful people playing here from all over the world and many various walks of life. I like winning, sometimes I am lucky, but I never get angry when I lose because sometimes it’s not your day or whatever. Chalk it up to, we all win and we all lose. We can’t win all the time or lose all the time, learn from the experience and become a better player. It’s not necessarily if you win or lose, it’s how you play the game. Am I right or wrong? I’ve seen good players knocked out early and I’ve seen inexperienced players go on to the final table. No matter how skilled or experienced you are at the game of poker, it is the cards that decide, not you not me, the cards. (It’s in the cards.) No one is to blame, just keep your cool and enjoy life while you are alive.

1 Like

Right … I have won a lot and lost a lot. depends on the cards.

Morning Ace. You got that right Brother. " It is what it is"…Be cool, enjoy life and be happy. It’s a short ride when you get right down to it.

Enjoy your day :+1:

Craig

2 Likes

Aww Shucks, AceNevada, thanks…
I think many times , things are said that are all in good fun and really doesn’t matter too much what it is, but I think when things are said for what I believe are purely evil reasons then I have a prob with it… Same goes for actions.

Having said that, “text only” conversations are easily misunderstood due to the fact you cannot see a person’s facial expressions, nor can you hear the inflection in thier voice…
(waving arms, rolling eyes). Yea, yea, yea… FU
(pointing finger, angry voice, scowl). Yea, yea, yea… FU
Totally different meanings, yet online, text only, its the same thing…

My biggest problem with other people, is when basically ppl " are mean, just to be mean ". I understand this because I’m sassy, cause I like to be sassy… In my heart of hearts, I’m not trying ( usually ) to be actually mean to ppl. Push me far enuff, and yeah… its on like donkey kong. I go outta my way to say things like “j/k”, “lolololol”, “lulz”, “all in good fun” … so ppl have those xtra clues that say, hey I’m just mess’n with ya…

1 Like

fu = “Felix Unger”, one of “The Odd Couple”

1 Like

That was awesome !!! With your permission i’m using that now :slight_smile:
I miss the odd couple.

Thank you for the laugh, hahahahahahaha

Craig

1 Like

nh

1 Like

@Ace_Nevada

I say nh also when someone win a hand with a pair, beating some inveterate bluffer :slight_smile:
even if a pair of two, but I’m happy that this kind of player lost an hand, and so I say nh to the other.
By the way, I’m so far to be a professionist poker player, so my point of view could be stupid!

And yes, when I’m bored or when I wanna kidding, i talk a lot, and there r a lot of “nh” lol .)

1 Like

To me, NH means that you played the hand nicely, not that your two hole cards and the board gave you a really good poker hand

It’s kind of pointless to tell someone with a full house that they had a nice poker hand. I don’t think anyone here needs that help.

What is useful is to tell another person when they did a good job with the way they played the hand. Because that’s something where it is useful to have other people’s input on how you played your hand.

And on that same note, NC means nice call, and NB means nice bet or nice bluff.

1 Like

one other i didn’t see here is wp, for well played

1 Like