Who says gg first the winner or the loser?

it seems very rude to knock someone out and then write gg…if the person knocked out writes gg then a ty gg is a nice response

8 Likes

I always say GG when a player leaves the table no matter if I knocked them out or someone else at the table. Also most players at the table do the same. It’s not rude it’s a compliment for their effort .

22 Likes

What the guy above said :slight_smile: GG means GG, if I want to be rude I would write something else.

7 Likes

Dude…I always say gg if I bust someone or if they bust me I say gg tc…That is how I roll.

6 Likes

I’m trying to understand why one who says gg is considered rude after busting that person?

I’ve never considered it as gloating or something else.

I’ve said it many times because it’s not because of that specific hand but how they’ve played up to that hand and I’m wishing them well in their future games.

11 Likes

Saying gg isn’t rude.
Quite the opposite!
It’s good sportsmanship - equivalent to winners and losers shaking hands in just about every sports contest out there.

9 Likes

I most often say so winning or losing and if losing it sure beats a LOL :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I also say gg when someone goes out 1st. Or for that fact I say it when anyone gets taken out, no matter what place they went out in, Like others just stated…shows good sportsmanship.

4 Likes

hey craig its funny i get comments from the 7 players that ALWAYS say gg…let me ask this you are at a table with all new players and you knock one out do you need to feel like you need to hurry up and say gg before they do? i just think its polite to let them speak first…i won the hand i do not need to win the race to say gg

2 Likes

whip2870. If I am at a table with all new players or players I see a lot I always say gg as a show of respect to that player .Just my opinion, think it is good sportsmanship. Cause Bodie rules! :crazy_face: :muscle: :100:

3 Likes

I understand what you are saying whip by trying not to hurt peoples feelings and be kind.
But I also understand what we, the ones that say "GG " are saying as well, just by saying gg means good sportsmanship. So I understand this from your point of view as well as from the ones that say gg point of view. but I will continue to say gg to other players that get knocked out first, because I think it shows good sportsmanship.
I have been knocked out first before and NO one said anything to me, not gg not anything, and actually it kind of made me feel bad, because I tried to stay in and simply just got beat out by a better hand.
It just comes down to a matter of opinion on this issue is what I’m thinking.
just like if the other opponent and myself (well let’s say we both had boats) and I had a higher boat…I’m all for saying GG and NH to him/her when I have taken that person out.

4 Likes

I’m never in a hurry to say GG to someone that leaves. It’s not a race. I’m a gentleman and as long as I say it I feel good about the acknowledgement .

1 Like

@fezzik424 When I knock someone out I write “bye bye” or “Adios”. You literally have people on here that think saying “gg” is rude or raising preflop is unsportsmanlike so I don’t give a hoot :joy: :joy: :joy:

Now bye bye and or Adios is rude

5 Likes

shaken or stirred its ok if you do not understand the question mr bond

1 Like

Apparently he don’t understand the Question.
he needs to go back and read it…maybe read it a couple times b4 he jumps in.

1 Like

zona i am all for saying gg when i get knocked out i say gg gl with a few exceptions for who is at my table…all i am saying is i give players the chance to say gg before they leave…more than half the players never speak so whats the point if your notes say they dont chat …then your just talking to yourself…i am not talking about players who always say gg or every hand is nh they are another conversation…now lets talk about players who write t for thanks the y is right next to the t lol

A lot of the time when people get knocked out…most of the time, they leave right away, so I try and type in gg b4 they leave, but then again you never know who is up in the attic watching, it could be the player that just went out, or it could be just someone watching and learning how to play, or how a particular person plays etc…
and as for t for thanks wellll everyone is going to type in what they want, so I just go with the flow and don’t let it bother me, as for other’s well this is online poker so we are going to have lot’s of different people saying lot’s of different things, which is why I don’t let it bother me. you can’t change everything at the tables to how you would like it to be. some things you just have to ignore,
to many people with all different ways of thinking. Hope this helps.
and yes the Y is right beside the T.

2 Likes

Why the conflict here on first gg or second gg? As I see it saying gg if you win is a good sport and poker pro attitude. My usual way of texting gg is if I have played the player and have respect for their skills and want to acknowledge that. Also if its a new player I want to encourage them to continue on Replay. All players are different and I respect your thoughts, I just don’t understand so please forgive me and thanks.

4 Likes

If you’ve ever watched the end of a baseball game you will see the team line up to shake eachothers hand and say good game. It’s the sportman like thing to do. As to the y being right next to the t, there is no y in thanks.

2 Likes