Poker Slang and Casual Chat

I’ve noticed recently that my chat responses seem to some players as if I am speaking a foreign language. That may well be the truth! But slang terms are common in poker, and we should get used to them. Poker, to me, is a social game, and I try to chat in social terms. I play online as if I were face-to-face at a real table.

I recently lost a hand to an Ace-to-Five straight. My response: “Crushed under the Wheel! Nice hand!”

A few hands later, 3 Queens lost to a full-house. I said, “Boat wins!” The reply was, “What’s a boat?”

I like the banter, I like the casual chat. I like players who can speak in full sentences, or even partial sentences… And I like to give props to well-played hands and well-skilled players!

When the chat log becomes

nh
ty
yw
nh
ty
yw
nh
ty
yw

I wonder why people even bother to touch the keyboard… Not EVERY win is a “nh”.

And so, If I ever say, “Boat”, “Wheel”, “Trips”, “Broadway”, it is to spice up the chat a bit, and make the game more fun! Get people into to slang of the game.

And if I ever piss you off, sorry. Just trying to keep it real.

6 Likes

I like good banter also. Looking forward to playing at your table sometime.

Enjoy and best of hands

1 Like

You forgot to include fu

3 Likes

I never shut up… I like to talk and like the social part, Have been told I talk to much , doesn’t stop me though , if people don’t want to chat or see my chat they can use the mute button. Chatters are always welcome on my table .

6 Likes

If we only had a chat room :rofl:

2 Likes

Oops! Typo… lol :rofl:

1 Like

I should put in a request to start a league called the “ Chatters “ we could play one night a week. Or you could. How many players 1 table ? 2 ? It will grow to be the biggest on the site :+1:t2:

Probably wouldn’t get much playing done but it would be a chat league/room lol

1 Like

DO IT !!! I’m in and know a few other chatter boxes :star_struck:

2 Likes

Really ? Say it ain’t so hahahahaha. When I get through with this surgical rehab center I will inquire or perhaps on of those other chatter boxes could get some info.

I see a few leagues listed now

2 Likes

Yes , really… would be fun , I saw a few also but we will have all the cool kids…:grinning:

2 Likes

RALPHIE IS THE CHATTER SQUIREL-
COMPLETELY NUTS!!
U NEVER KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE MIGHT SAY-
IF ANYONE IS NOT HAPPY W HIS BANTER-
HE DONT CARE-
REMEMBER HES A LUNATIC!!

TOM
RALPHIES SECRETARY

3 Likes

that sorta earns a ‘mute’ from me when I see it. It
shouldn’t be on the poker chat

i’d love to be one of those kool kids. a Kool Kid League !!!

1 Like

ladyone64… you would be more than welcome

2 Likes

ummm chAos,

Whats a boat ?? :female_detective:

2 Likes

count me in…

A boat is something you use to catch the whales. :wink:

2 Likes

really?.. you’re not a chatterbox on tables

1 Like

in Cockney Rhyming Slang boat is face.
Let’s have a butchers at your boat = Let’s have a look at your face.

Blockquote

1 Like