How to start again

You’re clueless as to how probability works, and to use absolutes like “always” and “never” shows how much so. Unless something is absolutely impossible, always and never don’t apply. In poker anything can happen and often does. You do realize that you aren’t playing in a vacuum, and if your’re playing full ring or 6max, the other players at the table have the same probabilities in each hand that you do. Just because there’s only 1/220 chance that you’ll get pocket aces doesn’t mean you can’t get them twice in a row. Not likely, but not impossible, and that applies to your opponents as well. With the narrow-minded viewpoints you have, I’d hate to have ever come before you, if you were indeed a judge.

2 Likes

This is in response to an email I received from jwd44tx accusing me of defending Replay because I buy chips, and Replay rewards me for doing so. If I were going to buy chips, it would be somewhere where the chips had actual value, not at a free poker site.

2 Likes

@MinnowShark, I’m sure that you are aware of this but it bears stating in public that feeding the trolls is not helpful to anyone other than the troll who, no doubt, gains some satisfaction from receiving the attention.

I will be saving my time for threads that have intelligent discussion. That specifically excludes this one.

Kind regards,
TA

2 Likes

FWIW, I believe you @jwd44tx about your post that you “… managed to lose over 250 M chips in one week. …”

I’m guessing it was within the last month. You probably should reread @Craig_Anthony 's post above.

Don’t get discouraged and IMO you should take a break because you just may be on Tilt.

1 Like

So then why do you keep playing on their site if it’s allegedly “rigged”? Guarantee you don’t have a problem with the site when your winning hands.

1 Like

Talk to Archie Karas, who went on what gamblers simply call “The Run.” Starting with a $10,000 loan in 1992, he went on a winning streak and ended up with $40 million by the beginning of 1995.

He then went on a downswing and lost it all by the end of the same year.

Karas was a Vegas landmark for years after, and could be seen at $1/$2 tables, happily playing the game he loved and not worrying about what might have been.

3 Likes

My old boss once told me. “It doesn’t matter what you believe.” “It matters what you can prove.” That pearl of wisdom has always stuck with me. Seems appropriate here.

2 Likes