High Stakes Players in Low Stakes Games...ARE YOU THAT BAD REALLY?

its not complicated? really never seen you both even once on a final table…so you think you both too good for the site…joke of the year…have played with one of you and mostly a joke…really who do you really think you both are…gods gift to poker?

Was this really meant for me. ??? I was asking cash to explain what _“a bunch of loosers” were not crying. “Loosers” are a species I never heard of before and hoped for some more info on them.Think wildlife documentary (pride of lions, pack of dogs, bunch of loosers) if it helps you catch my drift.
Been here 2 years and have 3,840,155 chips while only ever playing low stakes (1/2 & 5/10 ring games or freeroll) so why would I moan.

Pretty funny reply. I like it.

I’d never heard that “wear a cup” line. Laughed out loud and sent it to my son. Thanks for the smile. I guess I’m the only one who ever bought chips here from reading all these replies. Shamefully, I do get down to zero and this site is addictive. Have a good one.

2 Likes

Was this really meant for me. ???

Cheetahboy also bowed out of this thread and went to join the “LOOSER” pack with cashmarket… they will be starring in a Discovery Channel Documentary “The Elusive Loosers” are they fact or fiction ? urban myth or the the missing link ? :slight_smile: stay tuned…

@wildrenee
I can almost hear Sir David Attenborough narrating the show. Reckon it would be something like this…

"Here,at replay poker, a bunch of loosers, approach, a ring table…You can identify the ,dominant looser ,by the large tin foil hat,always atop their over-inflated head, and by their willingness, to toss chips, on the table,for no, apparent reason… This, chip tossing behaviour,is often accompanied by calls, I’m better than everyone, in a loud, CAPITAL LETTER voice,

In partial defense of the OP’s point, if not his spelling…

I don’t think the high, medium and low tables on this site are aligned with the player ranking of the same words. A “medium” player, with 80K- 250K chips is not going to be too comfortable at a “medium” 1K table if he wants to manage his (virtual) bankroll where he has to risk 50% of his stake.

I want to play where I can increase my stake if I play well and not get damaged too badly if I screw up. As a very low “high” player, the 10-20 tables won’t do it for me. The 50-100 tables fit me well. The 500-1K tables are still scary. But they are less scary as I build up my bank.

High stakes, low stakes, no stakes, … It means nothing on a site where you can buy an instant bankroll.

A noob that’s never played a hand of poker in their lives can have a million dollar bankroll in a matter of minutes if they are willing to put that big of a charge on a credit card.

I’ve only been on the site a few months (but I have been playing online on other sites for years) and I’ve gotten to where I don’t even look at the ‘stake’ rating any more for just that reason. I watch the play and base who I feel the need to watch on how they play.

I actually like playing with folks that buy their bankroll instead of building a stack at the tables. They are usually easier to pick off for a good pay out because they tend overplay hands since they know they can always just buy more chips. Folks like me that earn their stacks (I’ve never paid a penny to play online poker and have no intention of ever doing so) tend to be more circumspect.

There are predators and prey on every table. If you can’t tell which is which, then you are the prey.

The betting machines (the ones who has a default setting of ‘bet’ and who love to lead the action- whether they have a hand or not) and the raise button lovers don’t worry me. They are usually pretenders that have read a poker book or two and are trying to play table bully or ‘big stack’ poker. You know, the ones that like to rob blinds and steal pots with outrageous bets. All you have to do is be patient and make your stand with a good hand. Show them up once and the table will pick them clean in pretty short order. The one over in the corner seat that folds and folds and folds until everyone has forgotten they are even on the table is the one that gets my attention. Especially when they start leading out or raising.

whoeverit
Apr 10

LMAO…:joy:

they play low cos its “stress free” place.

As a Moderator, I am occasionally invited to a low-stakes table to answer a question, or to quell an unruly situation. Recently, such requests occurred mostly when I was playing in mid-stakes games. That’s the idea behind player volunteers… that we are available whenever we are online.

Since our new players usually start at low-stakes ring games and may be unfamiliar with the Community Playbook, I will also take an evening every couple weeks, and move around in the low-stakes tables, so folks know how a moderator looks in chat,and to answer any questions that may arise. When ‘making rounds’, I play at a level appropriate to the table I am visiting since I am not there to make chips. Sometimes rounds are fun or ‘stress free’ as Caracal said, and sometimes not… lol!!!

I played very infrequently Jan - Apr as I moved. So now I am trying to catch up with friends, and visit their tables just to say Hi & I’m back!! I have missed the camaraderie, and want to touch base with a few folks!!!

Yes… this is a great topic… love the Forums…

1 Like

I play low stakes from time to time too. If you don’t like having me at a table, you can always just move to another. Especially at the lowest stakes, there are usually a lot of tables going.

I do have some sense for what it can feel like, though… bbkids, El-Jog, and gamergirl come down to the stakes I usually play at and give me a spanking from time to time. (There are other strong players that do that too, but those three are on the more aggressive end of the spectrum, and so you really notice it when they are there).

Players should play wherever they feel they can make the most chips. Sometimes I avoid tables if I think the players are too good and my winning rate isn’t as strong. It’s not a big deal, I just try to find table with a bunch of fish and try to destroy them. (Although most of my chips come from tournaments) Sometimes when I go on downswings I go to low stakes, I don’t tilt very much but if I do it isn’t as bad and it allows me to recoup and get back into the groove of things. All in all, high stakes players can play wherever they like. They seem to be everywhere, even my friends in the freerolls say they’re are many of them. You have to figure out how to beat them. Usually the ones that play low stakes are tight and straightforward, looking to squelch out chips from calling stations, so just don’t call their bets light and you will be ok. They fold at least 4/5 of their hands usually at least so they aren’t really a disrupter if you know how to play them.

HIGH STAKES PLAYERS it is so funny how you wrote that. In low stakes is alot of good players , I guess more than in high stakes, we all play for fun, not for chips thats reason why its low stake not high stake (fun=/=bankroll management)

There are more high stakes players in high stakes, it gets to a point where low stakes players just simply can’t afford high stakes so it only has high stakes players and these players usually use more complex strategies, low stakes is much more relaxed in my opinion but there are still some high stakes players. All that this means are that they enjoy playing low stakes or they don’t like risking their bankroll.

No, you did not understand me. In my opinion amount of your chips on rp doesnt indicate your poker skills and much of low stake players know your strategies such good as hs players. It doesnt matter i have 2500 chipos or 200millions I can play same way same game strateggy without BM only reason that its all playmoney games not real money. It is really not such harcd to count pot odds, position playing, betsizing, setmining, halfbluffs, bluffs cbets, low stake players are not worse than high stake players thats my opinion

@StudentBluff2, please have a read of this thread:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TA

Yes, it helped. I have to say I dont play ring games I am MTT and Sng player I wasnt talking about level of ring games where I definitely see huge difference in skills between low and high stake tables… Regards, good luck at the tables!

That is a solid opinion, but I have played in both relatively high stakes and low stakes, and I have noticed the level of play changes. This is a more dramatic example but if you sit down at the duck pond there are different table dynamics than a 500k/1M table or a freeroll compared to a 5M tournament. It makes sense that successful players are better players . That is not to say that any low stake player is bad, because that is not true, sometimes they are just new players or they play really risky strategies. It is just a general thing because high stakes typically represents that you have gained some amount of chips in poker (although some people buy chips).

I’m really curious how your bankroll of less than 500k (obtained in 8 years!) has qualified you to say that you don’t see a skill difference between a 1k buy-in and 500k buy-in.

Regards,
TA

1 Like