Hi/Lo Omana players running out of chips but remaining seated and therefore blocking new players

Players should be made more aware of the ‘Stand’ and ‘Leave’ tabs.
All too often players think that they are leaving a table just by using the 'Red ‘X’
They then continue to occupy a seat, stopping other players from joining the table. About time that ‘Replay’ rectified this.

7 Likes

I’m with you all the way on that :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Perhaps they could add an option in the Settings, a simple check box which would enable you to automatically Leave a table if you close that table window. If it happens by mistake, then tough luck if you didn’t want to leave, but it would make it easier all round I think.

1 Like

A simple leave the table tab would be the cure all.

1 Like

There is already one there, what slades11obs was saying is that people tend to forget or overlook it too often.

The objective is to reiterate that it’s there so those that read the Forums will finally get through to those that don’t use it.

I agree. I have asked this question many times in the past.
I’ve seen players waiting for a seat for over five minutes and then have to wait another six minutes for a seat to be open after a player goes bust.
Request a shorter time period after player bust.
If they need a break all they have to do is add chips, so everyone knows they are returning.

2 Likes

I believe once the dealer function comes to that player sitting, twice, the player sould be automatically unseated and leave table.

3 Likes

Excellent idea. No chips added two times around seat gets open.

2 Likes

After further consideration, I can see it taking even over 6 minutes to reach the dealer function on a slow table. Maybe the rule should be after bust, show a 2 minute clock to re stake of be unseated. Thought’s anyone?

10 minutes should do it after the player goes gray. After all, someone is collecting the BB and SB from said grey player.

If in a ring game and broke on the table, I think anyone can decide to re stake or press leave table in 2 minutes. The decision is whether to re stake & continue to play or leave

1 Like

That’s not the issue. The issue is how long is the grey player seated before they are removed from the table.

Players whom go broke are left there for a time that would seem to be equal to the amount of time that they may need to complete the transaction of buying chips.

Replay would be crazy to remove any player with out giving them the opportunity to reload. Just a good business move on their part folks :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is always someone waiting to take the seat. Transactions are instant, 15 seconds.

2 Likes

That is why I suggested 2 minutes, maybe should be more. 15 seconds to make a transaction, maybe up it to a 4 minute clock?

In Ring games, if you close the window or tab are you still seated at the table which means you still have the option to return?? I didn’t know this but it sounds like a programming flaw.

I have never done this because I’ve always checked the Stand and Leave options.

2 Likes

I think no matter how many people debate the timing, Replay will ultimately decide because after all, everyone is replaceable.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right, I think tournaments as well, closing the window doesn’t eject you from the game, you just re-open it and you are still seated.

1 Like

But if you leave and log out of the site you have officially left the table.

1 Like