Hi/Lo Omana players running out of chips but remaining seated and therefore blocking new players

In Ring games, if you close the window or tab are you still seated at the table

That why I am suggesting if we forget to click stand & leave, there should be a clock of 4 minutes to re stake or be unseated.

Yes you are.

1 Like

Absolutely still seated, That is why I suggested an automatic clock which would unseat player in the event the player forgot to stand & Leave

1 Like

Are players still seated but have no more chips and show as greyed out? This sounds like the player has closed the window and it is a programming flaw which should be an easy fix.

If the player is greyed out but still has chips then they are probably on a bathroom break and should be booted as it currently does after “xx” amount of minutes. If the break is more than 5 minutes then the player has some obvious problems.

2 Likes

Note: I think the OP @slades11obs is talking about ring games in general, and a player going bust in a hand, unless I’m wrong? The variant Hi/Lo or game type Omaha is irrelevant IMO.

AGREE: There are two basic reasons YOU as a player should use the “Stand” and “Leave” buttons/options. First its curtesy, to clear the table fast, so a new player can join & also to NOT unnecessarily slow the next hand, bc even tho you are seated and “active” in the hand, you are not actually playing. Second if u click X whilst u have chips at the table, bc u decide to stop playing your table, you will often be “active” in the next hand & will possibly be paying the SB or BB to play a hand you are not actually playing - wasting chips & again also wasting everyone else’s time.

I agree RP should promote etiquette and courtesy more. Unfortunately RP cant force players to act with courtesy and good etiquette!

The current system works more than adequately. Its a player problem IMO & NOT a system problem. Changing the current system is harmful. Examples, a player goes bust and wants to take a short break, get a drink or use the bathroom, and come back and play again. Why kick them off the table bc they want a short break?

I agree it would be nice to kick a busted player off that seemingly obviously isn’t coming back! What if a players has a little lag? Its impossible for RP to reliably asses that a player is busted and has a legitimate reason to take a short break. Thats the great thing about ring IMO - you can take short breaks, without losing chips unlike SnG or MTT.

1 Like

I also believe @slades11obs was referring to ring games. So how do you solve the issue with the player busted, that you think is not coming back and if you happen to loose your seat for reasons mentioned, can’t you get back in line on the waiting list, without loosing any chips?

1 Like

Why should I get kicked off & join the wait list at the table if I need to use bathroom or get a drink? Some games might have a MEG WHALE chip buyer donating at the table! I might be waiting 30 mins to join in the same game again.

The solution IMO is the same as OP @slades11obs said:

My translation is:

I always do same as smooth bc I find it annoying and time wasting when players don’t use courtesy and good etiquette when leaving the table.

Using the stand button is slower and more tedious. So why do it? Personally I use it as a courtesy and etiquette.

1 Like

That’s the way it’s designed now. I missed round of betting and the player is grayed out but still present at the table. I think 5 minutes is generous for getting back in the game, if not booted.

1 Like

I’ve been doing that. I thought that was the correct way. So how do I leave?

By the way, I don’t play Omaha

Kenyo13

Top right corner of the table window.

Screenshot_2023-07-22_18-59-29

Also bottom right where the action buttons would be, this is another option.

Screenshot_2023-07-22_19-01-20

Click Stand, it will give you a prompt, saying you cannot leave while participating in the current hand, ignore that, once you’ve clicked it you can close the window and it will un-seat you after the hand is finished.

3 Likes

Guess you don’t play live much poker, because this is a huge curtesy for a player that might have busted and needs a break and reload, there is a standard time to hold your seat if you say your coming back. Plus closing the table with the “X”, allows you to reopen it and kill the lag this site can have without you standing up and losing your seat. Using the buttons is the correct way to stand up, seems like the site has all the correct buttons in place, people are just ignorant.

1 Like

Not true. If you close the window, you are done. Minimize the screen and a player is still good.

1 Like

Agree, but I would also add VERY before ignorant!

As OP @slades11obs said: “Players should be made more aware of the ‘Stand’ and ‘Leave’ tabs.”

The RP system regarding this issue currently works adequately. Changing the system would create more problems than it would solve. What if a player is experiencing lag? Getting disconnected? What is a player decides to restart pc, laptop or whatever they are playing on to try and resolve lag issues?

We should punish players already being punished by lag, connectivity issues with more restrictions and issues?

We don’t need a ridiculous draconian system to make the site more oppressive than it already is.

I agree because I’ve noticed when you click Stand you have to then click cancel because it takes you to an option to add additional chips and then you can click Leave.

I’m just guessing Replay has set it up this way to mirror your actions in a live game when you are finished playing, you just Stand (up) and then Leave the table. Sometimes you’ll hear a lot of cheering and other times see a lot of tears.

1 Like

The way RP has it “set up” works well IMO! Trying to replicate a SLOW live poker table is a horrible idea. Ignorant players are the problem.

IMO its courtesy. Maybe add something in missions and/or endorsements etc. Endorsements has done ZERO to improve the tables etiquette and courtesy IMO!

1 Like

well i guess we’ve beaten this horse to death.

1 Like

I am not sure that it does any good to post here but here goes. I am not on this site anymore because they don’t have hi/lo Omaha tables anymore.

Check your Game Types in Lobby, make sure you have them selected. Sometimes Lobby pages don’t load up the first time, refreshing the page can help.

2 Likes

Thanks. That worked

3 Likes

No problem.