Full house nightmare

I had a full house and their are only two if us playing and the other players pulls a higher full house. Unreal. That just doesn’t happen in the real world. It was the first hand dealt. I got stacked. Now I don’t mind getting stacke, happens all the time, but on the second hand with just 2 of us playing. No way.

It would be great if you could share the hand Replay, but these things happen, it’s just poker. Never know what the board will bring as I always say.

1 Like

sure it does, don’t think headsup matters?

once in a while you’ll find yourself in a hand you cant fold

5 other “coolers” you’ll probably recognize

2 Likes

“That just doesn’t happen in the real world.”

Yes. Yes it does.

Hell, I’ve seen quad Aces knocked out by a Royal Flush. In real life - not Replay.

2 Likes

Of course it happens. But, it happens a lot in Replay pokers games. I’ve played a lot of poker in my life time, I’m no expert, far from it, but I just can’t remember seeing so many quads, straight flushes and huge flushes. I’m just on here crying over spilled milk, lol.

I knocked out Q quads with K quads

Never do that again tho :slight_smile:

the theory is: its because you play so many hands in a short time

Of course that happens more in Online Poker - also sites with Real Money - because there are so many more hands that are played in a short time. In offline Poker you play far less hands per hour than online and so the chance of such coolers are not far as high. But at is written here before and also in my personal experience, it does happen also in live Poker.

2 Likes

If the board is paired there is always the possibility of a set over set situation. One always has to take this into account, unless, of course you have pocket Aces, but even then you might consider the possibility of your opponent having quads. It happens, but not very often.

1 Like

At some point the probabilities here are just a joke.

1 Like

IDK why they merged my post into this one but, An opponent just had 5 full houses in under 20 hands. The probability of that is simply outrageously small. They weren’t double pair board/set board FHs either they were both cards played.

There are exceptions to the rules. But, there just appear to be more exceptions then there would be otherwise.

I have seen it done in live play regular tournament