CONTEST - Late registration feedback

i see a lot of complains about it being too long. but personally i think it’s just fine. on real money poker sites the late reg is WAY longer. the most i’m seeing is about an hour, but there are also tournaments of several hours of late reg. imo thats a bit too long but thats just my personal opinion. so what im trying to say is that 15 minutes is not long at all, it’s actually very short. but the player pools are also a lot smaller as in real money sites so i think thats just fine

3 Likes

I think late registration is important to have enough number of players registered. 10-15 minutes should be standard for all MTT.

1 Like

I’m in favor of a standard late registration period. I often wait to the end of late registration to see how many player there are in the game. If their paying 5 or less players I’d rather take my chance at a ring game. Smaller MTT are simply too much work for limited reward and increased opportunities to donate.

1 Like

I love the idea of late registration on your MTT’s because not all us can make it to a game right when it starts. This will also help with increasing the amount of players and payoff spots. I saw some of the comments on this and someone had mentioned about having a standard amount of time for late registrations. This person also said 15 mins across the board would be fine. I have to concur with both. This works for me just fine. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Late registration is ok with me the way it it is, It saved me from being closed out more then once. I don’t see it having a edge on the game in any way. i always wondered why some game have a five minute late and others have a fifteen minute registration .

i think its perfect how it is personally

1 Like

I think any late reg over 10 mins is too much. There are MTTs starting every 15 minutes. If you missed the window, wait for the next one. Getting in 15 mins after start can also give an unfair advantage.

1 Like

I like the idea becouse sometime I see the tornement 1 min or 2 mins late

I think late registration should be 5 minutes for free roll tournaments and 10 minutes for chip pay tournaments.

1 Like

Add no late registration tournaments and keep the the late registrtion. I will play in both depending on my mood.

1 Like

Its ok

1 Like

I would rather there not be any late registrations. If you can’t be there on time them wait for the next one. At the most 5 minutes should be the limit on any tournament.

3 Likes

I think the 15/20 minute late registration is fine. Or maybe tie it to 2 blind levels. It does let the bingo players to get bumped out, and those of us with patience can watch how the others play…

1 Like

I don’t like late registration for the time reason . What I mean is I look at a tourny with see 25 players and think I’ve got time to play this next thing I know there are 60 players it goes for hours and I have to leave !

2 Likes

I don’t like the late registrations at all. There’s at least a small advantage to showing up after some of the competition has been eliminated or beaten down.

That said, and after reading the assessments of my fellow players, I have decided to adopt a new attitude. I shall consider the stated game time as an Early Bird entry, and look at Late Registration as the actual kickoff. From now on I’ll be elbowing my way in with the rest of the latecomers

1 Like

Welcome to the Forums, Tractordave, Brickowski, and blueman123. Come back often and good luck at the tables.

I like to wait for the late registration, I have seen that at the beginning people are excited and they bet big, and after 10 min that they do not see fruits they get frustrated and there is income to play stronger. They know how to play more often all in and with a good hand you get good pots.

2 Likes

Hi, chriscar. Welcome to the Forums. Good luck in the games, too.

I enjoy the variety of game structures on replay and prefer it the way it is. In the future- why not try a few “Prompt” tournaments?

I’ve had issues in bankroll builder where I’ve registered just prior to late reg finishing then I’ve hit the table and got kicked out for being “away”. I think whatever changes you make to late reg, please ensure the drop out time is different to the late reg time. For example in bankroll builders, reduce late reg to 10 minutes. Consistency for the same types of games would be good too.

1 Like