CONTEST - Late registration feedback

I don’t like late registration. Everyone knows what time the games start. Be there and play or get the next one. At a minimum, all the times should be the same (say 5 min or first blind jump).

1 Like

Sometimes I get to my computer a few minutes late and can still enter because of the late registration… because of this i’m all in on having it… :grin:

Real life games have buy in periods.
10 to 20 minutes seems about right.

I would appreciate an across the board late registration of 5 minutes because there are so many players that actually sit out for the first 5 minutes of the game and thus all would have a more accurate estimate of how many players total are actually in the game after 5 minutes

5 minutes across the board, after all you can pre register if you are going to be a few minutes late. Personally I prefer no late registration, for a more fair game.

1 Like

I don’t mind late registration. Ten minutes would be enough, though. Sometimes things happen and you can’t get to the tables exactly on time.

1 Like

I think 15 minutes is fine to register in the mane cases. But may be could it be fine for some players to organize tournaments WITHOUT late registration. Then, we can know exactly before beginning how many players are going to be paid…

1 Like

I think 10 minutes should be the limit when you know it going to start you should be ready with out delaying the game for everyone.

Its fine

10 mins is more than enough.

In general I think 5 minutes or first blind limit should work. In The BankRollBuilders and FreeRolls I think there should be NO late registration. You enter with 53 participants and 15 minutes later there are 203. I have stopped playing those tournaments for that reason. I do miss playing in them. Thank you for asking. Cyn

I feel that around 12 minutes for late registration should be plenty on a decision to play or not. Many times people register at the last 2 minutes and the total of players jumps to more then I wished for. Overall late registration is a good idea.

I love late registration , You have no idea how many times I set my reminder to go off for a tourney and by the time I hear it and sign in poker and go to register I almost don’t make it in time. If it wasn’t for late registration I wouldn’t make it in time. Or sometimes I remember on my own that there is a tourney I am interested in but don’t want to register for it incase I forget and then I will lose the registration fee, but remember about it minutes after it starts, Please don’t remove the late registrations. I fell 10 minutes it sufficient :ok_hand:

1 Like

I would prefer late registration be one standard time. 10 minutes is fine.

1 Like

I think the 1st change of blinds jump should be the limit. for late reg., Some players are playing more than 1 game and its not fair to other players, to add too many late players and make the game longer in time.

I also would ask for more hi lo games, as it is my favorite game. It is often a 2 hour wait to get one, but I agree with a lot of players, that 15 and 20 minutes is too long for LR

I think there should be a late registeration allowed . Player’s could be taking care of something else, and not aware of the time. there is a lot going on these days.

1 Like

I like the late registration, but would cut it off at 5 minutes. Sometimes I don’t have a couple of hours to play. I get in a tourney with 20 players and next thing you know it’s over a hundred. I would also like to see a few deepstack tourneys with higher blinds and shorter rounds.

Today was a perfect example of what I do NOT like about 15 min late reg. I reg for a tournament right at the deadline before late reg. There were 11 players registered. Towards the last 5 minutes of late reg I watch the player list go from the mid 20’s to 34 and I knew I would not be able to finish. When you had school, there was a start time, when you have a job there is a start time. % minutes is more than enough time for this group of constant late birds to buy in and sit out, which is what most of them do. The players are not little children, they are adults. If they want to play, they know when the game starts. Quit coddling them and welcome them to the adult world where you are responsible for your own actions. They are just manipulating the system, and you condone it with 15 minute late reg. 5 minutes is more than enough.

At one time, I was opposed to all late registrations but I have since changed my opinion. My opinion was first formed when I did not play 100K, 50K, 20K, and 10K buy ins. I think these MTTs need a 15 minute late registration to have enough players for a good tournament. Although, I no longer oppose late registration I would prefer a consist time across all MTTs of 15 minutes.

2 Likes