Community Forums

I have been thinking about this and I might have a couple of ideas to possibly help or maybe lead to a great idea from someone else. Obviously most tech resources must be directed to moving the site away from flash but these may help in the short term and lead to ideas to take forward.
Maybe this one already happens but I dont know. Would it be possible to email all new sign-ups a map of the site? A guide to help navigate their way around and help them to become familiar with the site. Or maybe break it up to be part of an informational pop up as newer players log in. Add it to androosh advertising the promotions. Kinda like “RPOS is starting soon . Check it out in the forums”
I was wondering if a system where the player reps can “see” where the newbies are playing is a possibility. Allow them to pop in and say hello and ask if there are any questions. They could suggest where to find the forums and explain that it is a good place to take questions and either a rep or a veteran player here will answer as soon as possible. Maybe even ask some of the veteran players to help out and give them the same ability to identify new players.

3 Likes

Sounds like a lot of moving parts but it’s definitely good food for thought Brother. :+1:t2:

Here ya go Craig,
Using the minimized width of the page with “static” items and using the template for hight I did ya 1 better. Here is your new dashboard page. Remember we still need to add Ring/MTT/SnG to activity and add Hot & Top Topics to the Forum thingy ( yes its doable )…but this page seems alot better than my 1st try.

3 Likes

I like it :+1:t2: That’s cool you know how to make that

1 Like

You did see , no more dropdown… lolololol

1 Like

2nd thing I looked for :slight_smile:

( yeah , I have no buisness getting paid to do web page design, do I ? )

1 Like

Hahahahaha, nice work :+1:t2:

Well, lets say you listed 3 hot & 3 latest , forum topics… then changed the Activity part to reflect Ring-MTT-SnG, hands/profit… there’s barely room vertical for that but that would include everything currently listed/offered plus the new listings for SnG only… Adding the “Forum button” to the top is super blatent, but necessary I think…

This way they can achieve 2 of the stated goals I have been reading about recently… Driving traffic to the forum & Increasing activity of the SnGs … I did actually replace all the items from the dropdown, just got creative how I did it, and you were right… not much real estate need’d…

I still like the Idea we both talked about where stuff can be hidden/re-arranged/ect/ect , and as long as user chgs are perm, then the end user is much more satisfied… I personally don’t use the dashboard much anyway, but the new top thingy bar part would be very usefull…I do see the new page as more cosmetic but that does include ease of use…

I would like better “ease of use” on the Lobby pages… You see thats where helping the user, helps Replay with bandwidth… The less times you and I have to click something and navigate thru pages, the less bandwidth/processing used by the servers… So setting up the lobbies where you and I get to see everything we need but not any more, is critical… Because Replay is a no D/L, they are asking alot from pplz browsers… The less you can have going, the less laggy your customers will find thier experience…Right now, most times Its displaying 40-60 lines of “stuff” when I could get by with 10-20. I hope Replay takes a look @ that, but I suspect not before whatever rollout they are already doing…lol

1 Like

I think your spot on but emphasizing the word “ Community “ like in “ Community Links “ is paramount in a user friendly header.

Now I see “Community Links” and I’m like WTF is that, so I click it just cause I try to learn each site bu clicking all the links @least once… but see’n “Forum” its a duhhhhh to my brain, what that is… I would’ve even said rename “Hot Community Tpoics” , “Hot Forum Topics”.

I’m assuming you have experience that “Community” works better than “Forum”… I’d like to learn what you know I guess… can you explain it to me?

1 Like

Sure ! I used to be the administrator for multiple forums on the web but I’m too busy now so I am just about done with that chapter . Let’s look at it like this. Everyone that comes together and participates in a discussion is part of something on that site. Staying with just Replay in mind, it is a friendly, safe , instructional, recreational poker site that focuses on core values and it’s mission statement so a softer word is needed and justly so to gather like minded people together for fun ( just like my private Poker League here ( Kool Kidz ) lol. What we have here is a Community ( nice folks ) rather than some hard core discussion forums I have run and controlled.

By using the word Community puts everyone at ease and a sense of belonging to that community/ site and a contributer to such is a great feeling for some people. By using the word “Community Links” means everything good to someone who wants to explore what it is or means .

The forums here are a huge part of sharing ideas, knowledge, debate, agree to disagree and is a huge part in the sense of belonging to those that participate in them.

It is my feeling that it would help Replay grow to use this medium to maintain and increase its user base.

This is just one persons personal opinion that cares about the site and participates daily in its success while maintaining my own fun and wonderful friendships I have made.

So in a nutshell , now that I have texted my fingers to almost numb lol I think the word “Community Links “ ties in nicely and would be a good fit in the lobby header.

Whew !!! Sorry you asked me now Sarah.

If this novel doesn’t get 500 likes I will cry :cry: lol

4 Likes

498 to go… I have faith :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I forget you’re in a hospital, without a keyboard… thanks…

I get it, and sry dude thats way too many letters, forum was only 5. I guess that would be solved if there was no min size for items/writing and everything auto-resized correctly. I also don’t do social media, so any catch-phrases from that medium I wouldn’t instantly recognize. I did kinda think “community links” was almost for educated ppl, whereas “forum” might be the “link for dummies” of which I was 1 of them I guess…

Thanks for explaining it to me that way, I gotcha now… community is the touchy-feely term, whereas forum is the brute force term. ( facinating )

2 Likes

It depends on the type of forum lol. I wouldn’t call it brute force but some types of forums are more hard core than others.

1 Like

Well there you are :wave:t2:

lol… usually am here but believe it or not I don’t always have something to say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

hey - I just found the ‘Top Community Topics’ on the Dashboard page…I don’t usually go that far down on the page didn’t know it was there… Sorry Now, I’ll look there daily… I don’t do Ring games and not much else on the page is of interest to me. Again - sorry. Why not move it up above the Achievements and/or the Ring Game Activity data. There’s lots of good stuff in the Topics section. Sorry I’ve been bypassing it,
Enough of my chatter.

4 Likes

More good ideas :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ladyone, I have found the listed “hot” topics are not the good ones… just come to the forum and hit “latest” in all catagories…

1 Like