Community Forums

Well Craig,
My ink wasn’t even dry when I started hearing “staff” in my ear … But Sarah, you know everyone uses a diff screen size/resolution, and as soon as we resize it for you, it won’t be that way for others who have a different setup, just a 17" will mess that up or someone who has bigger everything for easier “seeing”… and I agree with staff.

Duhhhh, yess… thats why as HTML evolved you had “frames” within pages, or variable size objects dependant on screensize… and we’re way past that stage now… This is why the holy grail for any site, is to offer a basic layout, then allow users to customize what they want to see if they aren’t happy with what comes standard. At the very least tho, they need to understand of all the users connected to thier site, whats the LCD on screensize/resolution, then code to that…

This is where I love the code once, use unlim times method. Over 10 years ago, my ISP’s ( DSL ) homepage had tons of stuff… wayyyyy too much… but the really kewl thing was : Everything was move-able & hide-able… Sure the page started out as 1 thing… but easily all users made it what was most usefull to them, and hid the rest… That might be a good suggestion for the new update, as it is the most efficient use of bandwidth for replay and most efficient site use for the player.

(edit) but for gosh sakes, is you wanna drive traffic to the forum, don’t put it @ the bottom of a page , almost noone scrolls down to even see… make it more prominant.

3 Likes

Ohh and Craig… in that example… did you think I chg’d the overall feel of the page, or was it basically same-ole same-ole ???

(edit) - basically, all I’m saying is when ppl have to scroll, sometimes they never do… overload of info on any page is bad, and simple things that make life sooooo much easier… will keep/attract players like noone’s buisness…

2 Likes

I didn’t think it was same ole same ole even tho it looked the same one change made it look more user friendly.

Expanding on what you said about custom, my Bank of America app on my computer, iPad , iPhone has a dashboard that you customize depending on what you use. Don’t need it, bury it until you do.

Doesn’t matter what screen size I can see everything with minimal scrolling and getting to 15 inch screen no scrolling at all, lettering size changes automatically with screen size. 32 inch screen is the Letter size of my thumb.

1 Like

Hey Craig,
I was just browsing… and it reminded me about another “small tweak” I noticed like a month or two ago … On the Promotions page, the stuff on the leftside, now had “collapsable” menus … but the crappy part is that… everytime you go to the page they are “un-collapsed” and you can’t somehow select it how ya want and have it always be that way till you chg it… it always reverts to “un-collapsed” which drives me nuts…

A awesome tweak, that really isn’t very awesome cause you can’t keep it the way ya want it. But it does show Replay will make small tweaks before the new rollout… so yeah why can’t they just add 1 button as Marc said…iono

2 Likes

Exactly Craig… and just that 1 approach = you get much better overall experience. ( and you basically program it yourself = no work for staff )

2 Likes

I must commend Replay tho… all thier pages have NO SideScroll need’d (left/right).

2 Likes

I agree , that’s why I started the thread . Get the tweaks done before a major rollout.

User friendly is the name of the game.

It’s just like going to the store. If I can’t pull up front I go to the next one 500 ft away and so on.

All good suggestions hence the thread. If it can be implemented great , if not , adjust, adapt, overcome.

Oops lol

1 Like

Well they can’t just do bigger tweaks I guess, but according to you, they spent more time on kool kidz league, than it takes time to add 1 button… so really how much time to they really have ??? and I can’t understand why Shaker in Sept, told us as of Oct 1st, no more 50% finishing rule… in no less than 3 different posts basically, yet it never happened… so what do I know anymore…

When someone says they can’t add 1 button, yet takes hours to set a league up… I start to wonder about things. We the forum users, contribute so much to this site, for free, that @least we deserve not to be BS’d around…

Now Replay could just take the easy way out, and Ash ( those login popups ) could advert the forum alot more with no effort to chg anything…

2 Likes

Although I do agree with the minimalistic time for dashboard change I did say that I slowed things down by changing things daily and it being my first attempt at the league and tournaments setup not to mention having Rob add players daily in order for me to launch in one week so I do take the blame for taking up Replay and (Rob) Chases time.

For everything there is a reason and we shall see what comes of the suggestion.

And BTW where’s all my likes for 2 years from you?
If you are in agreement spread the love !!!

You have 2 days to reread the entire forum and make the necessary corrections :joy:

1 Like

@fizzymint hello :slight_smile:
Trivia and promotions sound very cool.
I also suggest a very small change in the order of items displayed on the dashboard: Latest Achievements and Ring Game Activity are not really a priority and should come after Community Forums. So if you could just put Community Forums right under My Games and Tournaments on the right of the screen, followed by Latest Achievements and Ring Game Activity, it would definitely make the forums more visible and accessible to players. Those who have to contemplate their latest achievements all the time can scroll down a bit for them. But they won’t be scrolling down for the Forums, they should have them on top, visible and easily accessible, if that makes sense?
Thanks
Maya

2 Likes

I have to be honest and say there is a whole lot of room up there for new buttons. There are buttons now with no labels so might as well make it all uniform if we can’t fit all the names.

Just suggesting

1 Like

I confirm this is still the plan. Apologies for the lack of follow-up on this. This will be effective for all our tournaments and leaderboards from January 1st.

Below is exactly what I said:

We will remove the 50% rule as planned. Nothing technical is blocking us from doing so. This will be most likely effective from October 1st. We won’t change the rule in the middle of a month or it would affect monthly leaderboards.

We try to avoid any rule change in the middle of a competition. Sometime we have to make changes in the middle as it’s a requirement for the success of the promotion. Here, it’s not the case as the 50% rule has been used on Replay for a few years. We are currently running some yearly leaderboards and we don’t want to change this rule in the middle of these contests either.

However, RPOS events will be soon announced, will all be excluded from all leaderboards besides the League of Legends, and 100% tournament points will apply to this promotion.

2 Likes

haven’t much time on the moment to read the whole thread, but i gave it a quick look and it looks like marc978’s idea is the best idea on the thread. even while it’s only a small change in the system, it makes it way more clear that the forums exist and way more easier to come in here.

i also know it’s mentioned that there might be too less space to add it in there. but that should easily be solved.
1: make letters thinner so a 4th word can be added.
2: since there will be 4 things you can also put them in a square
3: if the square isn’t possible because it will take two rows you can also enlarge the upper red bar where these links are put, there is obviously space left between the links and the tables on the lobby, enlarge it to where it fits and you have enough space to put it there in a square.

hope this helps.

1 Like

It was discussed to have a ‘Community’ section next to the ‘Promotions’ one. It would give the right visibility to the different community channels Replay has to offer (i.e. forums, social media etc.). This was not implemented although it is still very alive as one of our plans. It is very much in line with this idea from @Marc978 and to see some enthusiasm for it only plays towards its implementation.

Many thanks all for sharing your thoughts and ideas on how to make Replay a better place for its community. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Great to hear. Glad I started the thread to bring it to the forefront to discuss some ideas.

Mission Accomplished :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I guess I will just stop playing till Jan 1st then Shakeraise… its not gonna effect the yearly leaderboards, the Champ MTT doesn’t use the 50% rule, there was only a 1 day difference for doing it Oct 1st… and you said “most likely Oct 1st”… I’m severely tired of worry’n about going out early, its adversely effecting my play…

Yearly leaderboards have a ave point total more than 15k…the ave 48% finish is like 8200 pts, it wouldn’t effect crap… thats a Lame excuse… and if it was a valid excuse why didn’t you personally bring it up before now… you said it could be done on Oct 1st and nothing was stopping you, now you say u lied and it couldn’t… I might be a pain, but I’m not a hypocrite…

You couldda said on Sept 11th… no, its impossible till Jan 1st, but thats NOT what u said…If you can show me where , on a yearly leaderboard, it would actually make a difference… then I’ll shut up… but we both know u can’t…

Craig,
after looking @ your phone pix again, I then went back and found the point where stuff doesn’t condense (left/right)… and Shaker is right, @ that point … there is no space between “Promotions” & the Search thingy…

Now @ that point where stuff doesn’t auto-resize/condense, there’s almost room on the right for a 3rd column like in my example… if it was on my screen, yet as small as that condensed size. Since it just makes the page longer ( to condense ), no reason they couldn’t do the Nav bar like you said, but its pretty easy as is to just hit the dropdown arrow then pick something…

I still think the Dashboard page could use a fresh face, more user friendly & effective.

1 Like

The only reason I don’t like the drop down box is that you don’t know it’s there. I like Marc’s idea and Shakes as long as the word forum or community links is there

“ Community Links “ next to promotions would want to make me click it out of curiosity and behold, Forums, Social Media links IE Facebook, Twitter, Instagram , etc . Actually everything in the drop down box.

I think the words “Community Links” would tie everything in nicely.

Just my thoughts as I’ve had a few days to ponder what would look the cleanest and give the user an easier experience when trying to navigate the site.

You could even put everything in the footer there and reclaim more real estate.

2 Likes

I guess I will just stop playing till Jan 1st then Shakeraise… its not gonna effect the yearly leaderboards, the Champ MTT doesn’t use the 50% rule, there was only a 1 day difference for doing it Oct 1st…

We amended the Championship rule very early in the promotion and we applied the same rule to the first tournament already played. This was based on player’s feedback (you were one of the players advising it if I remember well). In addition the Championship tournaments only count towards the Championship leaderboard, so there was no consequences on other running promotions and competitions.

and you said “most likely Oct 1st”… I’m severely tired of worry’n about going out early, its adversely effecting my play…
Yearly leaderboards have a ave point total more than 15k…the ave 48% finish is like 8200 pts, it wouldn’t effect crap… thats a Lame excuse… and if it was a valid excuse why didn’t you personally bring it up before now… you said it could be done on Oct 1st and nothing was stopping you, now you say u lied and it couldn’t… I might be a pain, but I’m not a hypocrite…

Actually there is no excuse here, just a decision. Replay always aims at being as much transparent as possible with its players and community. This is part of our core values as a company too. There has been no lie as no date has ever been confirmed or promised for this change. I personally said it was technically possible to change this rule overnight without the involvement of our Tech team which is the truth as this setting can be changed using our admin tool, one tournament at a time. This was simply not implemented yet for player experience purposes. There are 16,000 players playing every day on the site. Any decision affecting the game, the promotions and the leaderboards are not taken lightly, this one included.

You’re not a pain. You can at times be vocal but also quite helpful. You are clearly passionate about Replay and want to see it thrive. We ultimately share the same passion and ultimate goal. :wink:

You couldda said on Sept 11th… no, its impossible till Jan 1st, but thats NOT what u said…

Yes, I could have. At the time, I did not have the yearly leaderboards in mind. However, I would not promise anything before double checking all the ins and outs, consequences of a change like this one. I don’t recall anyone at Replay promising a date. I promised we would change the rule in a near future. Now you have an official date: January 1st.

If you can show me where , on a yearly leaderboard, it would actually make a difference… then I’ll shut up… but we both know u can’t…

Any player playing a yearly leaderboard (i.e. Omaha, Royal, Omaha Hi/Lo) have not received any tournament point for finishing in the second half of a tournament for most of the competition. If we were to implement the 100% rule today, any player who have played in these tournaments until now would be penalized against the ones who are more active playing at the end of the year. We are not going to change and/or affect the yearly leaderboard of thousands of players because a few players want a rule to be urgently changed. Especially a rule that has been used on Replay for several years. Before you ask if we can change the rule for all hold’em tournaments or even sit’n’gos, please note that the tournament point % rule is set at the tournament level, not at the leaderboard level. As our Omaha, Royal and Omaha Hi/Lo tournaments also count towards our monthly MTT Leaderboards, it would not be fair to have Hold’em tournaments offering 100% tournament points, and the other 50%. It would not look consistent and professional either.

Hopefully this clarifies the reasoning behind our decision of only changing the rule from January 1st. We are not pushing back on anything. We just put game fairness and player experience at the centre of everything we do. :raised_hands:

Ps: I won’t reply on tournament points on this thread anymore as I don’t want to jeopardize the original topic further. As always, please feel free to ask more questions in a PM, or in a thread created for this purpose. :blush:

4 Likes

Apology excepted!!! But please be advised I will not be sharing my popcorn with you 2 during any tournament table we sit at for derailment of my thread :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

B5AC4E91-C10B-41DF-876E-8A0B3877C308

4 Likes