Bug Reports & Performance Issues

This annoying bug is being worked on. A workaround in the meantime is to refresh the lobby and then click on the table you want to view. Sorry for that extra step - we hope to have a fix soon.

Regarding the recent comments about individual performance issues, I’ve created tickets for you so our support team can troubleshoot, or note your information for our devs. We currently recommend that you avoid Firefox, but they’ll be able to follow up on the rest of your setup.

Booted out of the game yet again. I pressed “call” because I was one ace away from a straight (an ace was the next card, naturally) but the timer ran down.

Clearing Chrome’s cache has certainly dramatically improved site performance from the way it was a week or two ago, but I am still not satisfied enough to purchase chips with real money nor recommend the site to others. Thank you for listening to my feedback and I hope you are able to find a solution soon.

1 Like

it is amazing how many hands are played where no cards are shown or too many cards are in the pot. just amazing. took something that worked and broke it. check/fold button still does not work

2 Likes

More of the same…

Win7 pro, Chrome, Just Black theme, 100% zoom.

I have been able to fix it by making it a little wider, but it is annoying and takes up more room on the screen.

1 Like

This Table has been stuck open for 10 days, apparently. Might be time to close it down?

1 Like

straight

Had a straight. Pressed raise. Didn’t work. Got folded out of the game. Then the table froze for several more minutes.

This site is at present fundamentally unfit for purpose.

1 Like

Thanks for these reports - I’ve forwarded performance issues to support to get some information. We’re still on the case on this window size issue – it’s proving peskier than we thought to make things look appropriate on both desktop and mobile. Our devs will get to the bottom of it.

Just experienced a dealing error when playing in the Play the High Blinds MTT. I was dealt pocket 9’s then dealt a 5 over the 9. Basically I was dealt 3 cards on a Texas Hold’em game. Wasn’t sure how to play it not knowing what my actual hand was so I folded. Luckily this didn’t happen again. I was able to grab a screenshot as seen below.

-Marc

I am still experiencing all the same issues. waiting for some fixes like patience on a monument. aaahhhh

1 Like

Has anyone mentioned the multiple river cards that keep on coming like a slot machine jackpot ? And why ruin the chat ? I don’t get that one.

1 Like

This is probably a bug needs to be looked at. There was a break even after the game was over, game lasted for slightly more than one hour.

@Marc978 - that is also a performance issue, so I’m going to create a ticket so we can get your specs. Same with what @Finn007 described. We just hired a new dev to look at some of the ongoing issues with fresh eyes, so getting your information could be quite helpful. Especially if we can work out a way to improve things on your end directly.

@narench - That is a new one to us! Looks like the final hand ended right when a break was scheduled, so it went on with the break anyway, even though the SnG was complete. Thanks for the report - it’s been escalated.

2 Likes

I observed one thing, if its helpful to you, in the cases Marc978 and Finn007 are reporting.These are the cards from the previous deal, either dealt to the hands or to the open. These are the extra cards, just dealt but don’t have any effect on the current deal.

2 Likes

100% true. I’ve mentioned this previously. The previous hand dealt adds the river & turn cards to the next hand. They are fake or mirage cards. As mentioned by another player the Chat Box Dealer will announce the TRUE or real/actual cards. Its still hella frustrating, distracting and irritating to deal with & try to play with!

Hey, appreciate the update.

I observed freezing occurs more frequently when you shuffle between the pages (say table and tournament lobby). When you stick to just the table, its much less.

To reduce further, just have only the table page. Minimizing or closing the main browser is one way. But you will still have the main page running, which will cause some freeze.

Having, absolutely, just the table page (by ‘end tasking’ the main page, and reloading the table page only) will make the freeze to almost zero. With this technique, I played two simultaneous SnG games for forty minutes without a freeze. Well, there was one freeze (only one) when I was making two pairs on the flop.

Added: I played two ring games, without ever going to the main (lobby) page, for about two hours without a freeze.

What several of us have found helps is to park our “main page” on something that doesn’t update often, like “Statistics.” If that page isn’t constantly updating, it seems to help a lot. On the other hand, if you leave yourself parked on something that churns, like the “Tournament Lobby,” it eats up a lot of capacity and lagging ensues more frequently. And, that’s not “new,” it was happening before the transition to HTML was started. Is this a “perfect” solution? No. But, it’s a lot better.

2 Likes

Since you start a table from the lobby page, to park the main page on a static page like statistics page, you have to cross through the lobby page. The moment you focus on lobby page, the problem starts, more you shuffle with lobby page, problem increases. (This is probably true even in the earlier version, in much lesser scale.)

Cleaner solution is never touch the lobby page, once you start the table. If you have to go to the lobby page say to join another table or land in a static page, do it with minimal crossovers. Like I did to start two ring tables. After that I didn’t touch the lobby. This doesn’t work very well with SnG’s, as probably the lobbies are more volatile than ring. If somehow you started getting the freeze in the process, end tasking the main page gives a solution.

Simpler solution is as you say, park on a static page and minimize. Then you won’t go to any page. By the way parking on a static page consumes less resource is just a belief. Its not verified. I used to do in previous version, it didn’t make much difference. If you see in the task manager, you will see the same amount of cpu tick irrespective of the page you park.

It needs much more analysis, I just outlined a way where you can work around the freeze.

I am playing a normal game and on the final flop card I pull a straight so I go all in, But the game keeps on dealing another card and then another card. Now there are 7 cards dealt on the flop and I lose to two pair. My straight was still top hand but now I’ve lost. Something is radically wrong there!!!

3 Likes