Bug Reports & Performance Issues

Yeah, noticed that works in MTTs, but got the same white screen trying to open and join the 2/4 royal ring tables today. I couldn’t open or join any of the royal tables at that stake for over 2 hours. First time that has happened.

Thanks, all - have reported the tournament sizes and white screens. @Marc978 - yours sounds like a performance blip, but please give us a shout at support if you start seeing it happen regularly.

@Comicguy - That’s odd - we had to make an adjustment to change the window size from 724 pixels to 790, but that’s a fairly small difference. Could you shoot over a screenshot in case something’s going awry on some setups?

1 Like

Well, I can now view live tables on my smartphone again. But if I go to replay a past hand, it still tells me to tap on the big black rectangle to go into fullscreen mode, and doesn’t respond when I do so.

I have two separate issues I would like to report.

1. The first is an issue that we had with the old table every now and then. Usually the first 3 players knocked out in a tournament wood have their finish order reversed. Normally not a big deal, but now we have quite a few where the point are accumulated like int the team events, so every point could be important when the points of all partners and all games are tallied. In this exampled is was just two players order being reversed. It happened in the Golden Donks league yesterday, 8-5-2020 12 noon EST Lovelakeliven Open One player went out I think in the first hand. It was very early in the tournament. It was almost an hour later that the second player went out. They were placed out in front of the earlier one. The rest all came down in the proper order. The person that went our first in tourney, finished next to last and the one who went our an hour later finished last.

2. The second issue occured during the Deep and Slow tournament today, 8:45 am EST. 8-6-2020.

About half way throught the tournement there was a hand where we were all dealt 3 hole cards.l two of the cards were in normal position, the third card in all hands was overlapping one card but raised up about 1/2 the length of the card. The hand played out ok. I copied down the hand number as 3793579068668.

1 Like

As you mentioned, this happened on the old tables as well. The issue is when people bust out during late registration, the system determines their finishing position based on how many people are playing at the time. So if I bust out on the very first hand when 20 people are signed up, the system will remember that I busted out in “20th place”. Then, if 20 more people join during late registration, the next 20 people who bust out will be placed behind me. I will keep bubbling up the standings until there are only 20 people left again.

It would be better if the system just remembered the order of when you bust-out and then assigned positions once the tournament is over (or at least filled) rather than trying to instantly assign a finishing position when you bust, but it apparently doesn’t work that way.

3 Likes

You roll out changes with no testing whatsoever? I mean, really, you can’t even be bothered to open the new page to see if it displays properly? Win 7 pro, Chrome

2 Likes

@SSeville - Thanks for reporting those! As both you and @Dorkupine mention about lobby placement, this has been a long-standing annoyance that we need to fix. That is one of our higher priority bugs now that tables have been converted, and hope to have it squashed sooner rather than later.

@Comicguy @SunPowerGuru - Thank you for those screenshots! The trouble is that the Lobby window is opening normally for all of us, so I appreciate you letting us know that it isn’t for either of you, and for providing details to help us see what’s awry.

I checked with the dev who’s working on this, and we’d like to know a couple of things that might help us replicate it:

• Are either of you using any kind of theme for either your OS or your browser?
  • Could you please tell us what % page zoom you’re using? You can find this in Chrome’s settings, near the bottom.

Thanks!

I’m using Chrome theme “Just Black,” and 100% zoom.

Note that most lobbies open and display properly. The 6-max SnG was the first time I saw this after you annopunced that the problem had been corrected.

Sorry about the snarky comments in my last post, I know they weren’t helpful. I come from a manufacturing background where quality assurance following ISO 9002 was the norm, and I’m just amazed and appalled that you let stuff like this get to your end users. Egad.

1 Like

Most tables are displaying correctly, but a few still don’t display the tourney info…

I have seen several posts about no information in the bottom right corner of the table. What I found when that happens to me I grab the bottom of the screen and drag down to the bottom of my screen then grab the side and expand a little bit. Seems to work.

Werll yeah, I could do that. In fact, that’s what I do. The point, however, is that it’s a bug, so I reported it.

1 Like

I had to walk away from a game at about 5:30(ET) this afternoon. Just hit sit out next hand, but never got the chance to come back until just now, 4 hours later, and i’m still tying up a spot at the table??!? i thought the issues with freeing up table spots had been addressed. Apparently not, so i’m reporting it here.

Using Edge - no theme and 100% zoom

1 Like

Unless the lobby page is kept at full size (more than half the screen width), it collapses to the image attached in previous post. Until recently, you could keep the lobby page open as a narrow page and still be able to reference all the material on it easily. You could also have multiple lobby pages open to see how SnGs were filling up so you could register for many of them and keep track.

Also seeing the same issues others have brought up, namely that the tournament info is not showing up on the table page all the time. I have to adjust the height and width to get that info to show up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional browser info, as well as the report about not leaving the table. I’ve passed all of this along so we can find a resolution.

I hate to say it but, after playing 6 MTT tournaments this AM, it feels like you guys are making no headway on the issues that impact us the most… like getting folded before you get your cards…or not seeing the River when someone goes all in or when you’re shifted to another table…or seeing 2-3 cards on the table from a previous hand…it seems like table size, lobby size, statistic location, window size, colors…can’t these issues wait until the actual game functions properly 1st? Just Sayin’…very frustrating to not see improvements in the critical areas…I play 2 tables at once…Chrome…Windows 10…4g laptop…all other Apps and windows closed…cache cleared…what else can I do?

Try backing off to one table and see if it helps, and also check your network connection speed, latency, and dropped packets.

When I click on a table in the MTT games nothing appears but a blank screen.

The software freezes a lot and I have to start at a different table. Also, I click bet then get sent to “I’m back” to “sit in” to out. I am oft listed as standing before I make even a quick choice. The winning hand is not shown long enough if there is more than one contender at the end. I works poorly with Firefox and just adequate with Vivaldi. I use Linux.