BS hands and anomalies

Good analogy :+1:t2:

Not in cash Holdem. This movie script stuff, lol.

True. Question do you know what the Hole card rankings are? Cash, tournament, wantabee Holdem, whatever, there is a “Known **hierarchy” of winning hands over time. 23 ain’t one of them

Irrelevant. Opening hands are established in Holdem and suggested learning prior to playing. This 23 is nowhere close to playable. I’ll AA, KK QQ, AK, etc any day and percentage wise crush 23

to what exacly? See comment to taco man/girl/insert pronoun

Cute. Let me know how that works out for you.

That’s the post I’m talking about. You lost, move on

1 Like

I have. I still get goofs that respond.

They folded to me every single time until the away guy chipped out. They also folded when the away guy was the SB, and when I opened from the button or SB. By the time he did chip out, I had almost 80% of the chips in play.

This let me go on to a very easy victory, so I would say it worked out rather well. The point is that there are times that any hand is worth playing. To be good at pokering, one must understand the game well enough to identify these situations, and be flexible enough to be able to adapt to, and adjust for, these opportunities.

Thanks for asking, but since I am still not talking to you, please don’t speak to me directly again.

3 Likes

Hole cards have rankings?? Whoa. My whole poker philosophy is crumbling.

Tell me more about these “rankings” of which you speak.

2 Likes

SunPowerGuru, So you gonna play your 23s hand here Pal? Chris Moneymaker INSANE Roller Coaster WSOP Main Event Day! - YouTube 
 show me a 23s in this competitive environment? YGTBFKM

Please don’t speak directly to me, thanks!

Well no, I don’t think I, or anyone, said or implied that 23s should always be played.

But if you’re getting 5-1 and closing the action, you can certainly see a flop with this hand.

It comes down to risk/reward. If you don’t smash the flop, you probably won’t be seeing a turn or river unless you flop something like an open-ender and your opponent doesn’t understand how bet sizing affects play.

The general idea, as in many things poker, is to lose small pots while giving yourself a chance to win big ones. This is a pretty basic concept.

I’m sure I could find you several examples of this if I combed through enough episodes of High Stakes Poker, or whatever. Durr, Dnegs, Sammy Farha, Gus Hanson, and Phil Ivey all come to mind, but finding specific hands to show is way more work than I am willing to put into this, especially when you wouldn’t accept them even if I did.

Since I am a man who can summon fire without flint or tinder, you may address me as “Tim.” That’s not my name, but I will know you are talking to me, thanks!

3 Likes

Here you go. Better still it’s a 32 offsuit in the same environment of the WSOP main event. It’s even from the same YouTube channel that you posted.

Fixed hand rankings and opening charts are great for beginners. If you want to move beyond beginner skills you need to open your mind and understand the WHY behind the charts. Think for yourself.

10 Likes

8:57 mark, cute girl plays 2 :heart: and 3 :heart: guess what, she was in BB.

5 Likes

Avatar boy, the hand in question is for special occasions with a given narrative that makes sense. Not an everyday play. Sammy Farha was known for some odd ball plays. In the hopes of catching a falling star that usually fell – on him and fried his ass.

he caught a 2. Ever heard of a Doyle? lol

she caught a straight on the turn. A fluke hand, like I said. in the case I reference it was a QUAD, complete BS

but your whole argument has been that 2,3 should never be played. you even challenged us to find a real game that someone played 2,3. we’ve found 2 videos and now you are changing your tune?

by the way she caught a STRAIGHT FLUSH! which is better than catching QUADS!

7 Likes

Avatar boy? LOL! Was that supposed to insult me? Good thing that the empty swager and bluster of the hollow fluff of the wannabe tuff means less to me than a snot bubble from the nose of a newborn yak. Nice try though.

I think it’s a little sad that someone says they replay hands to learn, then only see “everyone is an idiot” when kind hearted folks try to explain it to them. In a world filled with sadness, it’s not so high on the list, probably somewhere between losing a sock and your cat having bad breath, but it’s a little sad all the same. Love2EatTacos is one of the best players on the site, perhaps you should try to understand what he’s telling you.

To me, it seems pretty simple. The button’s min raise preflop, combined with the call from the SB, gave the 23s a good price to see the flop, which he smashed. It doesn’t require charts and insults and detailed analysis. If you are looking for a mistake, look there.

8 Likes

Please do call Doyle and let him know that he shouldn’t play T2 because it’s not in your fixed, established opening charts. Make sure to let us know how it goes.

6 Likes