All in on preflop

Why would I leave ?

To avoid the aggravation ! Your post clearly states that you are not happy. Perhaps you could move to much higher stakes where the quality of play is much better.

1 Like

:slight_smile: any tables, levels and tournaments so just leave, i learned this is the best way. It also keeps me from getiing angry like you are and getting muted for calling them …:slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this battle call. The prevailing wisdom (from what i’ve read in poker books and my own experience) is for loose players you simply wait for your best hand and go all in with them. Luck can only last for so long. Solid play will get you the chips in the end. What do you guys think?

~mark :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There should be a LIMIT as to how many times a player goes “all in”, like maybe 3, and the 4th time, you get removed by Replay!! Someone who goes all-in constantly, destroys the game!!!

1 Like

if you can’t take the heat play at pot limit.

1 Like

Sounds reasonable

Then it wouldn’t be No Limit.

1 Like

but kcpilot asked for a limit lol

1 Like

Putting a limit on no limit , hmmmmm :joy:

2 Likes

Chips for ring games are not free. The daily bonus will cover some of the tourneys, but constant play in ring games costs money for chips if you lose. I believe replay intended for ring games to be a fun, competitive, low-cost alternative to CASH poker, but there are players that RUIN tables without repercussions from REPLAY! Sure, you can wait them out, but that is not fun either. It is easy for Replay to create a a system where Bingo players are IDENTIFIED by other players and CONFIRMED by Replay through their game play history. We have access to watch REPLAYS of our hands and so does Replay. Replay can easily identify the BINGO players and PLACE all BINGO players at the same tables in Ring Games and Sit n Go tourneys AWAY from us that are here to play poker legitimately! TYVM.

1 Like

I don’t want them to take the Bingo players away from games. Sure, they’re a pain in the ass, but they donate lots of chips over the long haul.

I understand your annoyance - but there are pot limit (no bingo) tables - why don’t you just play those?

Once you sit down at a “no limit” table, that’s what you’ve signed up for - “no limit” is pretty self-explanatory.

Obviously, some of you don’t understand that Replay is a “For Profit” entity and not a designated charity. To make the statement that most players have not made a purchase is antithetical to a “For Profit” business approach. You see no ads on Replay, therefore the only revenue stream is player purchases. Per Replay itself, “We make our money from the generosity of players in the community that purchase additional chips or sign up for Premium Membership.” Per Datanyze, Replay has revenues of 3.8 million dollars with 18 employees. Per Crunchbase, Paul Gould, the CEO, is a serial entrepreneur who became an investor in 2008. Do you believe Paul would invest in a losing entity? He is a serial entrepreneur because he makes money. That being said, the only way Paul makes money and pays his employees is with PLAYER PURCHASES. Please quit being naive because some of you have not made a purchase. The site is not totally free for most players. According to Linked-In, Replay is “spreading the joy of poker to the world with fair, friendly and COMPETITIVE poker.” Replay’s words, not mine. “Competitive” was my main POINT in regards to BINGO players for those of you whom need clarification. Thus, I have proven that most players make some kind of purchase and are seeking a LOW-COST alternative to all CASH poker, through a poker site which PROMOTES a fun, friendly, COMPETITIVE atmosphere. Therefore, when BINGO players BINGO, it is no longer fun and certainly not COMPETITIVE. Some of you are seriously lacking the intellectual capacity to understand my post. Replay’s intent is for a COMPETITIVE environment. So that’s why my desire is for all BINGO players to be seated at the same tables, and all players wishing to play COMPETITIVELY be seated at the same tables. There is nothing wrong with wanting WHAT REPLAY ITSELF is promoting. FUN, FRIENDLY, COMPETITIVE poker. What part of COMPETITIVE don’t you understand?

Thus, I have proven that most players make some kind of purchase…
You’ve proven this how? There are over 300,000 members here. Obviously, if the majority of players were buying chips, Replay would have revenues far above 3.8 million. I understand your frustration with BINGO players, but you can’t put limits on No-Limit Holdem.

1 Like

“What part of COMPETITIVE don’t you understand?”

And what part of “no limit” don’t you understand?

Replay already has a control in place for players that want to avoid “bingo” players, or even just players perceived as overly aggressive. Pot Limit tables exist for exactly that reason. Go play them.

(If someone told me I’d be here defending a" bingo" player’s right to play as idiotically as they please, I’d never have believed it. Yet here I am.)

2 Likes

Replay’s intent is to make money. No one is in business to lose money. Chip sales twice a week on average now. Also Paul Gould is no longer the CEO for a few years now.

1 Like

I have played quite a lot in tournaments and in ring games over the last few years, and have encountered very few “bingo” players. Going all in on every hand is not a profitable strategy. Of course sometimes you will double up, but most of the time you will win several small pots by taking the blinds, and then lose all your chips.

I saw one guy the other day on the 5K-10K ring game table, who is determined to go all in until he doubled up his chips. On this table the normal starting stack is 1 million chips. He did eventually succeed in doubling up to 2 million, but only after he had already lost 5 million. Anyway if somebody does this, you can just fold your cards and wait it out unless you pick up Aces or Kings, or maybe AK, or you can just leave the table and move to another table.

A player who starts with 1M chips and doubles up two times to 4M will usually stop and play normally after that point, because what is the point of risking throwing away 3M of profit? If he does succeed in becoming the largest stack on the table, then everybody else will go away.

There are other players who play semi-bingo. For example they respond to a PF raise to a million chips with a reraise to 1M chips, so no unpaired hand has the correct odds to call unless it is a multiway pot. Or they make massive overbets on the flop–but you can often take them down if you flop two pairs or better.

The trouble with this bingo strategy is that it works until it doesn’t work, because a player with a premium hand is going to reraise you out of the pot or put you all-in. The strategy works better if you are small stacked, because if you are big stacked, you really don’t want to play large pots against opponents who have little to lose when you can make a steady chip revenue by bullying opponents off pots with much smaller, but threatening bets.

Players may also sometimes go all in on the flop when they have a top hand that is vulnerable, so they want to prevent anybody from seeing any more cards. For example you have 5 7 and the flop comes 4 6 8, but there is a flush draw, and you strongly want to discourage a player with flush cards from drawing, so you offer them very unfavorable odds.

I would not describe myself as a bingo player, but occasionally it is an effective tactic to shove in the whole stack preflop if you have AA, because there are some players who will absolutely not fold any pocket pair or AK preflop, and you have a very substantial chance of winning a large pot.

1 Like

When I started playing here, I won a lot of the new players freerolls, I just went all in with AA, KK, QQ,JJ,10 10, it worked for me. So I am the proud owner of the title bingo player. Not a tactic that works for long however.
I stood up for a guy at a table last week when everyone was moaning about the all in bets. Play your chips how you like I would say.

1 Like

However, when you get up against some more advanced players, they will soon recognize your all-in preflop strategy range, and get out of the way. You will then end up winning very small pots with these hands, and not be able to exploit them to win much bigger pots when you make sets or boats.

3 Likes