Your Poker Story

Oh, what a wonderful story! Thank you so much for telling us… I love hearing how people made it to the tables.

4 Likes

Hello,
My story is about a blonde, needless to say. She had entered a tournament, not really paying attention. Well to her surprise, it was an Omaha Tournament. She did not have any idea, what so ever on how to play Omaha Hold/em. So once she saw all these cards being dealt out she was dreading what would come next, and did not know what to do. She could not leave, so she just started calling the bets. If luck would have it, she started winning, and winning. After, all said and done, and after 129 players, she came in 8th, winning 48, 000 chips. But the real kicker, is this is a true story about me, which happened a couple of years ago. I had never even heard of Omaha Hold/em. I was having sooooooooooo much fun, not knowing what I was doing. It was great. So when someone thinks, that to win, you must be a fantastic player, lol, luck, my friend, LUCK !!! And being blonde doesn’t hurt either, he he !!
Wivy.

8 Likes

It’s been awhile since there has been a post in this thread so I was just wondering if there is anyone else who would like to share their Poker story? Me and many others enjoy reading these stories and we would love for you to share yours!

-Marc

2 Likes

I suppose I have a different mentality than you, Craig, but personally I’d have rather flagged your post, because it contains personal insults (“disgusting” post, criticism of the chosen screen name, criticism of the chosen avatar etc), but I am not that severe, and frankly I don’t care at all. I live and let live.
I enjoyed reading all stories, and Idi’s post made me really laugh, because I like a good joke once in a while. How one could take that seriously, is a mystery to me, but never mind…
Back to topic.
I have played poker since I was 10-11 years old. I come from a family in Rome (Italy) whose members were all passionate poker players: my parents (I’m an only child), my uncles, my aunts, my cousins. Our family meetings, including Christmas, always meant to play poker all night.
The soul of our poker table was an old uncle of mine, a former poker pro. He was a tall, awe-inspiring man with a sonorous voice who tried to pass on his knowledge to his younger relatives.
I still have some of his favourite “pearls of wisdom” in my head. I don’t know how valid they are, but I know that they have always influenced my game
“A bluff is like a good hand!”. “My dear, do not care if one catches you red-handed in a bluff. After that you can bet whatever you want, and there will always be somebody who will call”. “All cards work”. And the best, in my eyes: “Never break a good run, or you’ll offend the cards”. Now, whenever I win two pots in a row, and I fold the third, I always say laughing to my screen: “Sorry, cards! No offence intended!”
I played a couple of years at a paying site. Quite successfully, actually. I quit because they drastically changed the rules of my favourite tournaments, like prolonging the registration time to 1 hour and a half, or even 2 hours. “To get into the money” meant then hard work for 6-7 hours at least, and I have other things to do in life.
A friend asked me to join this site, and here I am. There are things that get on my nerves, but all in all, I feel at leisure here. It is important to me that I can leave a tourney in the middle of it if I have to, or I feel bored or I’m tired, because I have won enough chips to waste.
But… there is no better poker experience for me here than to play at a table with only top players, especially Omaha hi-lo, my favourite game. And with top players I mean skilful, intelligent, respectful people who play as if all those thousands of dollars were real!

5 Likes

let me be very honest with you,for some reason that is too long to explain, i meet a dude who introduceme in the poker world,he was so sleek shuflying the cards and do whatever he wants,changings the results on his favor,he told me a bunch of stories in vegas specially with high rollers,them i learned just a couples tricks like a fake suffle fake cuts and etc,etc,them i started to gain some experience with delears choice,but perhaps i ve never play texas hold them instead omaha,chicago’s game hi or low ·used 3 cards out of your hand· or colorado 5 cards to all players and only used 2 cards of your hand and 3 cards out the board,them i found strange variations like seven cards stud low in hole is wild roll your own and last card are optional up or down my question is iam aware that in the poker game thaere are more than 100 variations…those kind of games where do i can find it

1 Like

Started with games with friends when 12 years old (first weekly, then more)…When i was 16 i was playing weekly games with guys between 20 and 30 who awwww did things for a living not talked about BUT fun to play poker with:).

2 Likes