Why no ads on tables?

Replaypoker has a very good website rating and it is one of the best 5 poker sites.
We spend a lot of time while playing and many international companies would like to put an ad on the tables. As I am a sales manager and my life is for making things better and get more money in, I would like to see ads while playing which do not disturb me. There is a lot of place for ads on the tables and so the site owners can earn some additional money. I support them.

If restricted to people that play regularly on Replay placing inoffensive small business ads, I kinda think that’s a good idea.

The last thing we need is another pointless distraction while playing.

Also can you imagine how unplayable the site will be if even more gimmicky content like adverts is added? Big big big no no.

6 Likes

Absolutely not. I can see players dropping like flies from this site if that happens. Replay had avoided that tactic since it’s inception in 2005.

9 Likes

I can’t stand ads, can’t barely watch tv anymore if there’s ads, so I certainly hope Replay doesn’t do that.

9 Likes

We are having enough trouble with things added to the site we sure don’t need ad’s !! Please NO !

7 Likes

Sorry Peter, guess this isn’t going to happen. After reading fellow posters’ comments, I’ve thought about it again and have to agree. There are far more important things for Replay to deal with, and adding ads to the tables has to be far, far down the list.

4 Likes

I believe if there were ads, the next step would be to have an option to pay a monthly cash charge to disable them as some other sites have. Big NO from me, No ads!!

4 Likes

The second that happens im out

5 Likes

I truly believe the no ad’s policy/decision is one of the best of many things, that makes Replay so unique in the poker online industry.

4 Likes

The ads from Other sites are sooo annoying

1 Like

Yes, it would turn into one of those sites where you are forced to either open your wallet to enjoy the premium no-advert features or have to struggle through advert after advert just to play. We don’t need that.

3 Likes

Me too!
It’s an awful idea IMO and would ruin the experience.
There are plenty of places to see ads if that’s what you’re after.

3 Likes

I can’t even believe @PeterPan4711 came up with this notion and now it’s spreading like wildfire. Replay Poker said nothing about an add supported site and even if they do in the future players won’t have any say in it. Replay is a business and business owners make business decisions. Even if players left, their is always someone to replace them. We may not like it but the reality of it is , it’s a player’s choice to stay or leave.

The alternative to increasing revenue would be “ pay to play “.

I wouldn’t give it a second thought though.

Enjoy the games !

1 Like

It’s not exactly spreading like wildfire since every comment that followed the original one basically said No Thanks lol. We’re safe for now Craig. One would hope.

1 Like

15 replies in one day. That’s how people get alarmed by misinformation. Replay said nothing of the sort but people pick it up and run with it.

. Replay Poker said nothing about an add supported site
[/quote]

It’s obvious everyone is against the idea, but I don’t see where @PeterPan4711 or anyone else suggested Replay said something about an ad supported site. I believe he was simply making a suggestion.

1 Like

Of course, he said he sells advertising.

2 Likes

Good point, but I sure hope folks aren’t making suggestions just for their benefit.

I hope not but I’ve never seen a thread like that and it riled peoples feathers because no one has ever brought an add supported site up that I can remember for the last 8 years I’ve been here and @PeterPan4711 eas advocating for it and created the the and he is new here and in advertising so people can draw there own conclusions.

I hope that never comes to fruition and that’s why I support the site monetarily

1 Like